Topical Sticky VENT Thread Idea?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'll be honest I dont know who calls all the shots or if its a group effort but to address some of the more negative posts and emotional turmoil that simply needs an outlet. What about setting up different temporary sticky vent threads for the more heated and obsessive topics. Somewhere ppl can just go and say and trash whoever and whatever in certain special threads that can be set up for certain amounts of time. Besides just a weekly game vent thread. This way we can keep it clean in the majority of the forum but also have the choice to go blow up and share personal opinions with others who want to let loose. this way everyone wins. just an idea.... @Prime Time @-X-

any thoughts?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@PhxRam calls the shots. My opinion, from many years of doing the mod thing both here and at RRF, is that bad feelings tend to spill over from one thread to others. We'll have the one vent thread after each game, win or lose, but any more than that might not be a good idea. Let's see what Phx, -X-, and the mods think.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Previously the vent thread lasted a day or so, then got deleted permanently. It worked then, let out all our steam (I am no exception, hell I'm Angry Ram) then moved on.

I don't want constant negativity (especially irrational) in what a permanent vent thread would bring.

PhxRam

I'll be honest I dont know who calls all the shots or if its a group effort but to address some of the more negative posts and emotional turmoil that simply needs an outlet. What about setting up different temporary sticky vent threads for the more heated and obsessive topics. Somewhere ppl can just go and say and trash whoever and whatever in certain special threads that can be set up for certain amounts of time. Besides just a weekly game vent thread. This way we can keep it clean in the majority of the forum but also have the choice to go blow up and share personal opinions with others who want to let loose. this way everyone wins. just an idea.... @Prime Time @-X-

any thoughts?

As others have stated, bad blood inevitably always seems to carry over into the other boards.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Previously the vent thread lasted a day or so, then got deleted permanently. It worked then, let out all our steam (I am no exception, hell I'm Angry Ram) then moved on.

I don't want constant negativity (especially irrational) in what a permanent vent thread would bring.
I thought maybe just for certain periods of time for current hot topics but then take it down and put it to bed after a certain time. but i guess it could bleed into other threads i guess idk

PhxRam

I thought maybe just for certain periods of time for current hot topics but then take it down and put it to bed after a certain time. but i guess it could bleed into other threads i guess idk

It is not necessarily the topic that is the issue, it is the personal beefs that develop in heated threads that tend to spill over into the other boards.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is not necessarily the topic that is the issue, it is the personal beefs that develop in heated threads that tend to spill over into the other boards.
gotchya

Alan

Legend
I agree with everything those who are against this idea said. Posters almost never kiss and make up. Bad idea IMO.

Philly5

Rookie
I like the site and all the bells and whistles, but this is sports we are talking about. Nothing wrong with a little heated discussion IMO. Mods can do whatever they like, but this is crossing into 'Animal Farm' territory a little bit. Lets face the facts, if you are a fan of the St Louis Rams there is not a whole lot to sing praises about right now.

Alan

Legend
Posters still seem to be misunderstanding what's going on here. Nobody said you can't talk about all the bad things you think you see about the Rams. It's how you do it that is the crux of the issue. Including whether or not you decide to make it your raison d'etre. Others like -X- have explained the difference. Apparently to no avail. Your statement makes no sense to me @Philly5 when you take that into consideration and I'm not singling you out for misunderstanding this because I hear it so often from MANY posters.

As for not talking about the Rams leaving St. Louis, that's been talked to death and until there are NEW and CREDIBLE reasons to bring that discussion back into play, why run the risk of engendering bad feelings unnecessarily?

As far as venting goes. If you need to vent why aren't you using the official The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread that's still there on page 2 to do it? Everything you might want to vent about is present in our performance against them. Is it venting you want or are you just wanting to make sure that nobody misses it when you do it? This forum is all about the Rams and not about individual posters. Except for -X- of course. ;)

I'm also really tired of talking/reading/ignoring this subject. Time to move on IMO.

Last edited: