Top Ten All Time Ram QUARTERBACKS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WHICH OF OUR QUARTERBACKS WAS THE BIGGEST NUMBSKULL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Didn't see John Hadl on any list?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Come on!!
Where is the Dieter Brock love??
This season could have used a rookie like Dieter he Brock at the QB position

REFRESHER :boxing:

Brock left the CFL after ten seasons and joined the National Football Leaguefor the 1985 season. In what would be his only season playing in the NFL, Brock signed with the Los Angeles Rams as a 33-year-old rookie. Brock led the team to a division title, the #2 seed in the NFC playoffs, and set team rookie records for passing yards (2,658), touchdown passes (16), and passer rating (81.8) (most of his rookie passing records have since been broken). Brock's final game was the 1985 NFC Championship Game against the Chicago Bears

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't see John Hadl on any list?

I mentioned Hadl later. He actually had two good but quick years before retiring. First quarterback I remember.
Maybe I should have squeezed him in there instead of Sam.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Come on!!

Brock left the CFL after ten seasons and joined the National Football Leaguefor the 1985 season. In what would be his only season playing in the NFL, Brock signed with the Los Angeles Rams as a 33-year-old rookie. Brock led the team to a division title, the #2 seed in the NFC playoffs, and set team rookie records for passing yards (2,658), touchdown passes (16), and passer rating (81.8) (most of his rookie passing records have since been broken). Brock's final game was the 1985 NFC Championship Game against the Chicago Bears

Dieter was carried by that great team that year. But you have to give him credit for taking them to the NFC championship game.

I remember being up in Alaska stationed on a Coast Guard ice breaker listening to that game on a radio feed on the ships bridge. So deflating. Almost threw myself onto an ice flow. Dieter!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Come on!!

Dieter did make my poll question though. :mrburnsevil:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Some of my fondest memories are the "cup of coffee" guys. The team was so comically bad and these guys had no business being under center as it was. Just destined to fail. I hurt watching it in real time, but in hindsight...Pretty damn funny.

1. Keith Null: What 5 picks vs the Titans? Ouch. And for some reason I subjected myself to all 4 quarters.

2. Kyle Boller: This guy never had any business getting drafted in the first round, and after flaming out in Baltimore, he thought he'd safely collect some checks from the Rams bench. Of course that '09 offensive line was legendary and Boller got the opportunity to introduce himself to them, and the turf on a semi-regular basis.

3. Chris Chandler: Wanted to ride off in the sunset with a shot at a ring. Unfortunately the GSOT was on life support, and Chandler took a couple turns getting beat up at the age of like 35.

4. Gus Frerotte: Hung out for a couple years and looked completely lost in limited action in 2007. Somehow the next year he went to MN and I think pushed them into the playoffs.

Foles was rough guys, but don't forget we've come out of much darker days in our recent past.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah and look at all those Super Bowls Everett took us to!(n)

He sure had some great years, but I was at the "self-sack" '89 championship game against the hated Niners. In full Rams gear. It still hurts. I know he owns passing records, but if we want to go by that strictly, Van Brocklin and Waterfield wouldn't even show up.

Kurt was #1, despite the lack of longevity.

I think your right, though. I should have had Hadl mentioned on that list. He was the first quarterback I remembered. He had a couple of good years, though brief. Throwing to my first favorite players- Harold Jackson and Jack Snow!
Had Flipper Anderson running by himself for a sure TD in that game and hung the ball up, was knocked away by a roided up (allegedly) Lott....would have been up 10-0. Maybe it changes that game, maybe it does not.
If you rematch Everett games he was a strange QB. He could make some great throws and was good....a good match for the O Robinson was running as well, but, man....his feet were all over the place.

fearsomefour

Legend
Coach Vermeil, (welling up with tears): "We will rally behind Jeff Smoker and we will play good football."

Something tells me Vermeil would have never had NFL Network film him for "A Football Life" if this is how it went down.
I remember when Smoker was drafted someone (Martz?) saying part of the reason they grabbed him when they did is SF was interested in him....let that be a lesson....you do you boo-boo.

fearsomefour

Legend
Some of my fondest memories are the "cup of coffee" guys. The team was so comically bad and these guys had no business being under center as it was. Just destined to fail. I hurt watching it in real time, but in hindsight...Pretty damn funny.

1. Keith Null: What 5 picks vs the Titans? Ouch. And for some reason I subjected myself to all 4 quarters.

2. Kyle Boller: This guy never had any business getting drafted in the first round, and after flaming out in Baltimore, he thought he'd safely collect some checks from the Rams bench. Of course that '09 offensive line was legendary and Boller got the opportunity to introduce himself to them, and the turf on a semi-regular basis.

3. Chris Chandler: Wanted to ride off in the sunset with a shot at a ring. Unfortunately the GSOT was on life support, and Chandler took a couple turns getting beat up at the age of like 35.

4. Gus Frerotte: Hung out for a couple years and looked completely lost in limited action in 2007. Somehow the next year he went to MN and I think pushed them into the playoffs.

Foles was rough guys, but don't forget we've come out of much darker days in our recent past.
Lets not forget FA "savior" Steve Walsh.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tony Banks was the worst QB I've ever actually seen play in the NFL, and a numb skull to boot!

Chris Miller was a really good QB that got Bulgerized completely out of football by our terrible front office refusing to filed an Oline.

Warner is the best Qb I've ever seen!
I actually think Foles was worse the second half of his season this season.
Miller was a hell of a QB....but, to sign a guy out of retirement, who retired for concussions and then not do everything possible to protect him? Probably not going to work.
Chandler, Ripen....they all had skills but those teams were not complete teams, they (the FO) were looking for a QB to carry them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
In all my years as a Rams fan I thought Tony Banks was the worst. But Nick Foles made a run at that. Foles has a smaller sample size so for now I won't rank him ahead of Banks. But he might be back next year so who knows?

Without a doubt Warner was the best. He gave us the ultimate prize and the GSOT. John Hadl had a heckuva year but wasn't around long. So I'd put Roman Gabriel at number two.

fearsomefour

Legend
Harris is probably the most under-rated Ram QB of all time!! JMHO!!
I don't disagree with that.
He was before my time, but, he was a good one at least in the old games I have seen. Plus, he excelled at a time that could not have been easy for him in that position.
But, ahead of Warner? No.

fearsomefour

Legend
....as an aside related to nothing....
The last couple of years in LA were so bad I actually go excited when TJ Rubley came in.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't disagree with that.
He was before my time, but, he was a good one at least in the old games I have seen. Plus, he excelled at a time that could not have been easy for him in that position.
But, ahead of Warner? No.
I didn't list Harris ahead of Warner! Go back and look at my List!!