Top 5 positions of need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sum-

Agree with everything you listed. I really think we need an upgrade from McLeod. He is too limited as a cover safety.
I like Joyner. He's made his rookie mistakes but I think he will only get better.

McLeod is one hell of a special teams player and is gonna be a valuable asset as a backup - I have always liked his heart despite his limited cover skills

manmaderam

The one and only
I wonder if we will get any compensatory picks this year again? (You know every pick helps)

1. LB
2. O-Line (Center/ Guard)
3. QB
4. CB
5. WR

Irish

Starter
1- QB
2- MLB (move JL to WILL)
3- RG
4- CB/FS
5- C

I should add that you can Schottenheimer and Boudreau and replace them with an OC and OL coach who know the zone running scheme backwards and forwards. Your C and RG you draft would be crazy athletic and would have ran it in college, ideally.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
No doubt, to me quarterback is a position of need, but I don't think that we can go into next season with a rookie and call it a serious alternative to Bradford being down until our offensive line is in order.

Having said that, there are too many holes in our line to say that we need to draft this or that guy to plug in here or there, especially to start the season. We'll need to try to hold on to Barksdale if for no other reason that he stays healthy and he is average. But that doesn't mean we can't draft a tackle who we can plug in at guard indefinitely, in a similar situation as Robinson.

But that obviously only helps us out at guard. We still need another guard and a center, so we'll obviously looking at veteran help throughout the line next year.

With Quick and hopefully a re-signed Britt, and Austin and Bailey coming along, we all know that this team is going to improve even more next year at wide receiver. We actually still need to see how some of these picks develop.

The defensive backs, what can I say? Major improvement everywhere. Barron helps us out at linebacker as we guessed. I think it's a matter of time before it just really clicks for one of our free safeties and we at least have excellent depth throughout our young secondary as has already been put on display with the injuries. For the first time in a long while, I'm officially not worried about our secondary.

So, my priority to inject youth for this team is obviously at the offensive line, but we want to try to take the best player available throughout the draft as much as possible, so we'll be seeing some veteran signings, but we desperately need quality youth at Center, both Guard positions and tackle. In all we should be have an eye towards a line with the physical ability to establish the run regardless of what defenses do.

Finally, quality youth at linebacker to push Ogletree and backup Laurinaitis should always be something they consider.

So, Guard, Center, Tackle, Linebacker, Quarterback and crazy as it may sound, a real Fullback are my "priorities", which are loosely based on best player available pending veteran signings that improve our position to actually take the BPA.

Schmitzer

UDFA
1. Upgrade interior offensive line - repeat until you have consistent running game.
2. QB - I believe SB's days are over. Love AD's heart, but...
3. LB - JL had a great game against SF, but overall, he is on the downslope of his career IMO
4. FS
5. OT - protect QB

I don't put WR on the list b/c we don't have consistent QB play

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Alan

Legend
1: OG
2: OC - Unless they start playing either Jones or Barnes and we develop something acceptable there.
3: FS
4: LB - I'd put LB ahead of FS except I think they'll play more 2 LBs/3 Ss (is there a name for that?) with Barron on our team.
5: OT - I'd put this higher but I'm pretty sure our only decent OTs (after signing Barks) won't get injured next year and we won't need a swing OT.
6: QB

ausmurp

Starter
QB and FS are our biggest needs, and that is not my opinion that is fact lol. I can't believe most of you are leaving off FS. Every time we play a pass first team we get mauled like a woodchuck chews and spits out wood.

Big Willie

Starter
1. Offensive guard
2. Veteran QB
3. ILB, move JL to SLB
4. Veteran FS
5. Ambien Offensive Player - WR/KR/RB

I think we have plenty of rookies. I would,like some second contract guys with experience. I would use the Jake Long money and Kendall Langford money on veterans..and draft for depth.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
QB - After what I've seen, has to be a top priority.
G - Because GRob is our LT now, and Saffold still gets hurt, and we need another road grater anyhow.
WR - Because Quick is an if.
LB - Need some more serious talent at this position.
OT - Can never have enough, and sometimes you can strike it rich in later rounds.

A55VA6

Legend
1. QB
2. LB
3. OL
4. FS
5. WR

It's obvious we need a franchise QB. We definitely need quality depth at LB and someone who eventually can become a starter over Dunbar. With the offensive line, I think Rams need quality backups. One or 2 guys go down and the Rams are really in trouble. Do the Rams even bring Jake Long or Scott Wells back? Robinson is taking over that LT job and I don't see them moving him back to guard next year. Jones will probably be the starting Center. Really need a ball hawk FS and McLeod is not that. I think McLeod is is decent, but makes a lot of mistakes. I think in the future Joyner could be a good FS, but I doubt Fisher makes that move. As for WR, do we re-sign Britt? Will Quick be healthy and ready to go? Will Tavon Austin or Stedman Bailey do anything? Too many questions... so it won't hurt to bring in another WR.

jap

Legend
I would love to see LaMarcus Joyner maximize his strength & weight without compromising his speed & quickness in the offseason. If he can bulk up sufficiently enough, he should be able to compete at our centerfield safety. The big issue with using him there now appears to be his size. Barron and TJ can be monsters in the secondary.

Yes we need a starting quality guard to replace Joseph, but we also need a fringe starter to backup injury-prone Beetlejuice.

If Barksdale leaves via FA, clearly we need a starting-quailty RT and a swing tackle to back up both tackle spots, as Bonifay pointed out.

We can use more speed at Jo-Lonn's spot.

The biggest issue, of course, is at QB where Sam has been eternally at a crossroads to hear the media heads. I expect Sam to work with the team on a reduced "Prove-it!" contract to attempt to assert his durability and field general effectiveness. The Detroit signal caller was also snake-bitten early in his career but appears to be hanging tough now. One thing with sam, he always works to come bck considerably new & improved.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
QB - top priority
FS - Ball hawk who makes plays in the secondary
G - Jake Long is probably gone, so Robinson needs to prove he can play LT in the NFL
LB - Gotta replace Dunbar eventually
C - Wells is long in the tooth too