Tony Stewart hits and kills driver on race track

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I should start by saying it's a tragic loss of life and very unfortunate accident.

But Tony Stewart is somewhat unfairly getting publicity for hitting this guy, as if Stewart did this. When in fact, the driver was an idiot.

Here's the video;

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's terrible.
I would never want that on my shoulders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, I'd like to give Tony the benefit of the doubt on that one ... due to the stupidity of Kevin Ward for running out on a dark track in a black jumpsuit ... but I frame-by-framed this video to watch Tony's front tires before and after the point of impact and....

PhxRam

Man, I'd like to give Tony the benefit of the doubt on that one ... due to the stupidity of Kevin Ward for running out on a dark track in a black jumpsuit ... but I frame-by-framed this video to watch Tony's front tires before and after the point of impact and....

You are talking about a guy who has to make decisions a few seconds before he even executes them. To me it looked like Ward was going to continue on to the other side of the track and then decided against it and backtracked.

Now the fact that he is racing today and the competiton director said:

Earlier Sunday, Zipadelli had said Stewart would race, calling it "business as usual."

To me that is a little troubling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You are talking about a guy who has to make decisions a few seconds before he even executes them. To me it looked like Ward was going to continue on to the other side of the track and then decided against it and backtracked.
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning as well. His front tires go right, left, right and then he ends up stopping. But I also know these guys rage out on the track (all of them), so it's also possible (< 1% chance) that Stewart wanted to tap him for trying to impede his ability to finish the race.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning as well. His front tires go right, left, right and then he ends up stopping. But I also know these guys rage out on the track (all of them), so it's also possible (< 1% chance) that Stewart wanted to tap him for trying to impede his ability to finish the race.

Oooh. I just noticed; it was Tony's 14 car that put Ward into the wall. It was likely Tony's 14 car that Ward was pointing the finger at attempting to confront.

Hmm. I missed that.

He might have tried to bump him! :eek:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oooh. I just noticed; it was Tony's 14 car that put Ward into the wall. It was likely Tony's 14 car that Ward was pointing the finger at attempting to confront.

Hmm. I missed that.

He might have tried to bump him! :eek:
I'd prefer to think he didn't try to hit him, because I'm a Tony fan, but he's a rager for sure.

PhxRam

because I'm a Tony fan

425.ab.danza.070312.jpg

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I'm not a racing guy so I don't really know what Stewart's reputation is.

That being said, the video doesn't make it look too good for him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm not a racing guy so I don't really know what Stewart's reputation is.

That being said, the video doesn't make it look too good for him.

He's basically the Derek Jeter, Tom Brady of the racing world.

Saw the video. If the kid wasn't rattled enough to think about exiting his car and deciding to go across the track, he should have either stayed in the car or stayed behind it, away from the other cars. This could all have been prevented, but instead the worse possible outcome happened.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My issue is it seems the other cars that pass are all tighter to center and seem much slower. Tony comes in hot and high. I don't for a second think he wanted to kill him, but I absolutely think he tried to scare him and it backfired.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Too many people who know too much about racing will be able to extract information from even this little bit of video, methinks.

If Tony Stewart had anything, but the best of intentions, he'd better out with it or he'll be a pariah in racing before the end of the year. Then again, if he did have intentions to "just bump him or just scare him", then he'll probably have to not say anything for legal reasons...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Can't go frame by frame but I've hit 200lb deer at 60 mph and totaled a car, not hard for me to believe the impact is what caused the swerve

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
IMO, Ward looked as though he was trying to stop Stewart on the ttrack! Rage goes both ways and got the better of him, sadly!