Todd Gurley: Would You?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No that is not what I meant. How do they know if he is healed completely if the healing time is beyond the draft?

You don't. I feel ya on that. That's the risk. But that's why he drops from being picked in the 5 to 12 range to the 20 to 50 range. I'd still take that risk. It's a torn ACL. Yes, it's a severe injury but it's something a lot of players come back from. He could tear it again. The risk is there and our luck with that has been shit. But I'd be willing to take that risk on a guy like Gurley and if I have to stash him on the PUP list...so be it. We have the talent at HB to be okay for that time period.

I wouldn't be drafting him because we need a HB. I'd be drafting him because the guy could legitimately be a game changing talent. We need more players like that on offense. Could you imagine Gurley, Quick, Britt, Cook, and Austin on the field at once? That's a wet dream for me. That's an explosive offense.

Especially when we have a legitimate QB option...and you could still get another talent in the first round like a QB or an Amari Cooper/Kevin White or an OL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Gurley falls to us in the second...I'd take him in a heartbeat and trade Stacy to Denver for a pick or two. Gurley is like S-Jax, but faster. With him, Mason, and Cunningham? Damn, that would be a sick running back group.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Gurley in the 2nd round or even later? Even with a torn ACL, that's a steal. I'd easily take that risk, because the reward is much much greater.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ill-make-himself-available-for-the-nfl-draft/

Todd Gurley will make himself available for the NFL Draft
Posted by Darin Gantt on December 26, 2014

04a107ef77c96d3de526d12bbce3e297.jpeg
AP

Georgia running back Todd Gurley won’t be drafted quite as high now as he would have two months ago.

But after seeing his season ended with a knee injury, he’s not taking a chance on further devaluing of his draft stock.

According to Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph, Bulldogs coach Mark Richt confirmed the anticipated news Friday, saying: “He’ll be moving on.”

Had Gurley declared his intentions when he was suspended for making money off his signature, he’d have likely been a first-rounder. But the torn ACL he suffered in November will cause his stock to plummet.

With memories of Marcus Lattimore’s failed attempt to make it in the NFL fresh in the minds of the league, it’s hard to know how high a pick someone will be willing to gamble. The 49ers rolled the dice with a spare fourth-rounder on the former South Carolina back, who never regained his pre-injury form.

Gurley’s not going to risk such a repeat injury, however, making the only fiscally responsible decision he could.