Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Honestly, Snead should be on the hot seat. This team has a piss poor history with giving big contracts and releasing players the next season. It’s fucking ridiculous and how you run a team into the ground. We were supposed to set this league on fire for years. And now we have bottom dwelling talent with players that no longer trust the coaches and FO. If I’m Ramsey, I stay the fuck away from any extension.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't get it, $17.5m to keep him, $20.2m to cut him. How does cutting him make sense?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
obviously no one wanted to touch his contract.

Then they should've retained money or not traded him at all. Keeping Donald and Ramsey happy is priority number one. They blew it with that.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If Gurley's knee is/was good to go, I do not like this one bit. Time will tell. But if he was healthy, it's McVay that should be shown the door, not Todd. Darn straight an MVP level talent will have some "attitude" if he is made to sit on the sidelines for no good season. Imagine being arrogant enough to have arguably the best RB in the game being healthy enough to be a bell cow, yet repeatedly and consistently getting way too pass happy, to the point your MVP level RB is not even getting carries, and is used almost exclusively as an extra pass blocker? Sean McVay can imagine it, if the above scenario is true....

Lots to wonder about with this one. We won't know how to judge this until some times goes by.
Agree on the "if he was good" although he wasn't. When he was he was one of or the most used RB in the league. This leaves only that they had a falling out and both of them took it to the field on gameday as much as I still have questions about SM this scenario is Very Unlikely. Lets hope it was just a way to improve the team

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Well fuck. I hope he lights it up on the next team he goes to regardless who it is. I'll be rooting for him you can count on it.

It's a team sport and the Rams are my team. I dont give a fuck about Gurley now he's gone, unless and until his team are still in contention and the Rams are not. Until then, he's a competitor and fuck him.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's a team sport and the Rams are my team. I dont give a fuck about Gurley now he's gone, unless and until his team are still in contention and the Rams are not. Until then, he's a competitor and fuck him.

Easy Turbo.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead is defo on the hot seat. He bust his load for 2018, and he nearly fucked the prom queen...but, alas...he came up short.
And now we are dealing with the ramifications of a poorly managed roster.
Can't wait for us to finish next season and realise we shouldn't have gone "all in" on Goff. You know it's coming.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What the fuck? This doesn't make sense unless there's some attitude issue.

No -The Rams cut there whole offensive line. It’s there fault.
Heard 10 1// million in savings. Without CJ Anderson The Rams don’t make it to the SuperBowl. They got cut again.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Would not surprise me that Greg Zeurlein might be on the way out to the Cowboys if he signs with them.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Then they should've retained money or not traded him at all. Keeping Donald and Ramsey happy is priority number one. They blew it with that.

They can't have their cake and eat it too. Donald got his money, and Ramsey is going to get his. They need to look in the mirror before pointing the finger at the Rams brass (who gave Gurley his money as well, only to see him get hurt).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not sure I follow...

AD had a tweet that said he was pissed about this. And you think that Ramsey's going to be happy about us releasing a star player in the middle of his contract? You think he's going to want to sign after this?

I can understand if it's a trade we're talking about, but giving him up for nothing?

dang

Legend
NFL is first and foremost a business. What you did for your team yesterday matters very little to what you will provide your team tomorrow. Gurley is still a good NFL RB and will find a place in the NFL if he wants to continue. I loved him on the Rams but have regretfully concluded he hasn’t been elite since the middle of the 2018 season. Elite $$$ warrants elite play. I hope that is all it was vs any friction with McVay. A day of mourning then back to being a Rams fan for life!!!!

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Right on man im a Rams fan but a Todd Gurley fan as well. I can root for both and I will.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I hate bush league GMs who don't predict injuries like Gurley or Cooks...how lame of him! We should cut everyone and fire all coaches and GMs, then run into the streets naked and get arrested for breaking lockdown!