Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I can say about this money situation is that the devil is always in the details, and it's best to check with a legal consultant (NFL agents for Gurley and Matthews's case) if you're unsure of the legal terms before jumping to conclusions or letting the situation unfold
Gurley tweeted what he did, so there is no "jumping to conclusions." There is no effectiveness in using twitter as a platform to discuss financial matters with the Rams. He wanted to apply pressure through the fans, and it was about as tone deaf as no-talent, attention starved Hollywood stars singing "Imagine" to the little people who are unemployed and wondering how to pay the friggin rent and buy food for their kids.

Hey Todd, cry me a river. I'm thirsty.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Gurley had enough carries to reach 1,000 yrds. Go ahead a blame the O”line. CJ Anderson taking over for him
helped The Rams make the playoffs. I believe The Rams were lucky to make it to the playoffs in 2018 & might not have without CJ.
Might not have made the playoffs? The Rams were 11-3 when Gurley got hurt. The OLine was playing at a high level at the time and you could have put anyone at RB with the holes they were creating and they would have succeeded. We weren’t lucky to make the playoffs. We were just that good, making it to the SB proves that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gurley’s tweet about “Is Goff lying?” (after Goff wished him well) kinda pissed me off TBH.
Yes that pissed me off and showed TG probably wasn't the guy many thought he was. He also tweeted I believe that he wasn't that great a teammate, which tells us some things.

Not to mention the post-cut tweet he made trolling the Rams by thanking them for the paycheck. Which also rubbed me the wrong way.

Or the fact that the Rams probably wouldn't have cut him unless there was some BS going on behind the scenes, either him being a dickhead about carries or focus or arguing with the coaches, etc.

Now he tweets that BS, which is really a continuation of "hey here's who I am."

I backed TG from day one but at this point all I can say is Fuck Todd Gurley. Maybe someday I'll feel different but for now he can go fuck himself.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
FWIW, it was this interview after the Falcons game that started to make me feel concerned about Gurley’s maturity and professionalism. Thiry asks him a question and goes out of her way to compliment him, but Gurley is determined to be sullen and sour.

I criticized Thiry for being a “shit stirrer” for writing an article that seemed to imply Gurley was thin-skinned and maybe not a great teammate. In hindsight, makes me wonder if she heard some things “off the record” that we’ll never know about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Might not have made the playoffs? The Rams were 11-3 when Gurley got hurt. The OLine was playing at a high level at the time and you could have put anyone at RB with the holes they were creating and they would have succeeded. We weren’t lucky to make the playoffs. We were just that good, making it to the SB proves that.

Agree, your right in the fact of making the playoffs & there record. That Eagle game at home Gurley had was not to good.
Then was it the offensive line that carried Gurley through the year. How bad is Austin Blythe then ?? Sullivan was that good ?? I guess my point is if CJ could do it then your right,anyone could have run behind that line.
I just think The Rams draft a good young back & let the Offensive Line develop. They will be solid for a long time.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Agree, your right in the fact of making the playoffs & there record. That Eagle game at home Gurley had was not to good.
Then was it the offensive line that carried Gurley through the year. How bad is Austin Blythe then ?? Sullivan was that good ?? I guess my point is if CJ could do it then your right,anyone could have run behind that line.
I just think The Rams draft a good young back & let the Offensive Line develop. They will be solid for a long time.
It was both. Gurley’s talent and the way the OLine was playing it’s no wonder why we were so good on offense. Unfortunately the OLine ran out of gas, especially Sullivan which is why we never brought him back and has since retired I believe. If we get our OLine back to top 5 like we had it during 2018, I think whoever is at RB will have some success.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes that pissed me off and showed TG probably wasn't the guy many thought he was. He also tweeted I believe that he wasn't that great a teammate, which tells us some things.

Not to mention the post-cut tweet he made trolling the Rams by thanking them for the paycheck. Which also rubbed me the wrong way.

Or the fact that the Rams probably wouldn't have cut him unless there was some BS going on behind the scenes, either him being a dickhead about carries or focus or arguing with the coaches, etc.

Now he tweets that BS, which is really a continuation of "hey here's who I am."

I backed TG from day one but at this point all I can say is Fuck Todd Gurley. Maybe someday I'll feel different but for now he can go fuck himself.
So, I'm thinking TGIII is out of the Merlin avatar rotation?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Okay Todd, maybe me and my working class peers will just pack up and go home. You, Clay and everyone else in the country can eat Burger King drive thru for the next 6 months.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was both. Gurley’s talent and the way the OLine was playing it’s no wonder why we were so good on offense. Unfortunately the OLine ran out of gas, especially Sullivan which is why we never brought him back and has since retired I believe. If we get our OLine back to top 5 like we had it during 2018, I think whoever is at RB will have some success.

I think the talent is there, the X & O’s are going to make a big difference. That was a reason why Mcvay kept his OC & DC away from the combine.
A RB is all The Rams need on Offense. The rest is gravy. I’ll add a Backup playmaker. Could see J. Hurt at #52 ??

. Defense is a different story. Staley will need to find a couple players on his side of the ball.

Will see what the draft looks like & the direction MCSNEAD goes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Falcons reveal Todd Gurley’s jersey number

Todd Gurley will wear jersey No. 21 when he suits up for the Falcons next season.

The former University of Georgia star wore No. 3 in Athens and No. 30 during his five seasons with the Rams.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is among the players who have worn No. 21 with the Falcons. Cornerback Desmond Trufant wore the jersey number for the last seven seasons.

The No. 21 has also been worn by some other notable Atlanta athletes along with Sanders, including Dominque Wilkins who had the number retired by the Hawks. Warren Spahn’s No. 21 is retired by the Braves, although he never played for the franchise in Atlanta.

View: https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons/status/1248664285733150723?s=21

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Falcons reveal Todd Gurley’s jersey number

Todd Gurley will wear jersey No. 21 when he suits up for the Falcons next season.

The former University of Georgia star wore No. 3 in Athens and No. 30 during his five seasons with the Rams.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is among the players who have worn No. 21 with the Falcons. Cornerback Desmond Trufant wore the jersey number for the last seven seasons.

The No. 21 has also been worn by some other notable Atlanta athletes along with Sanders, including Dominque Wilkins who had the number retired by the Hawks. Warren Spahn’s No. 21 is retired by the Braves, although he never played for the franchise in Atlanta.

View: https://twitter.com/atlantafalcons/status/1248664285733150723?s=21

I thought he is wearing it because 1 plus 2 equals 3 . Yes 1 + 2 = 3 TG3

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought it was 2 minus 1 equals 1.

2 - 1 = 1 year deal

So true. They are both off the books 2021. This year it is a big cost, but worth it.

I was going through some of my old threads. I thought Damon Easley was going to be good after his injury. I remember going to camp a couple times & he was out front in & by the building. I think practice was going on .Maybe one time right before practice ended which was weird.

My reasoning for this is I also was trying to figure out who that guy that was on the field working out with mi shirt. It was OO. This guy is a stud & works out hard. He is going to surprise some folks. This was his rookie year. Somewhere I saw a recent photo of him. Big & athletic dude.
Can’t wait to see that #68 pick from Jets 2019 Jachia Polite. Ebukam will be in his final season. What a draft in 2017 by McSnead. Think 2020 is going to be another excellent draft with at least a Stud RB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I am so over Todd right now. Buh bye.