To quote Usher...LET IT BURN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just not sure I want him as a sign and trade or one year rental with a big paycheck coming. He also seems to have that diva mentality. He doesn't seem to check all McVay's boxes. He seems to block when he feels like it rather than being really into it as part of the play. Maybe I'm wrong.
I wouldn't want a player who outs the team after a heartbreaking loss like that, let alone has his wife talking shit on social media about what their plans are due to how everyone let them down. Bad look for both of them. Bad for the team on both counts so my vote is stay far away from Aiyuk.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just not sure I want him as a sign and trade or one year rental with a big paycheck coming. He also seems to have that diva mentality. He doesn't seem to check all McVay's boxes. He seems to block when he feels like it rather than being really into it as part of the play. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see that. In a Shanahan offense, much like in a McVay offense, you have to block, if you want to play.

I also don't see him as a diva. He's right; he should've gotten a hell of a lot more touches than he got, and blame Shanahan for not having a plan to include him instead of an injured Dweebo because Aiyuk was getting open, and Purdy simply didn't see him.

Also, this is his friend posting this. We don't know if Aiyuk okayed this.

Look, I hate defending a 69er, but he really is a talented all-around receiver.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Other than Mahomes confirming his status as far-and-away the best QB in the league..
I've recently been told that he is not that good.....also that the current whiners are the best roster in history. Deal with it.

oldnotdead

Legend
Purdy isn't a bad QB. In the right system and with the right HC he is good enough to win including the Super Bowl. He's not elite yet but he could be. Look we all saw how Goff blossomed in the right system with the right HC. Purdy is no different. In fact, he's a fit for McVay's current system. What I see is a pocket QB (a bit undersized) who can go through his progressions and make good decisions. He's got decent arm strength with good accuracy.

This SB loss isn't on Purdy. It's on Shanahan. In some ways, he's like McVay in that he gets one dimensional of his own volition. Like McVay gets pass happy, Shanahan gets run happy. Had he trusted Purdy more in the red zone they might have won but he didn't. The difference between McVay and Shanahan is in their respective Super Bowls, McVay improved his playcalling and he won. In Shanahan's case, he didn't improve and some say it wasn't as good as his first Super Bowl.

Purdy has an NFL quality arm capable of making all the throws accurately. His strength is his ability to quickly go through his progressions and make good decisions. Paired with McVay and this Ram offense Purdy would have won that Super Bowl.

Unless Shanahan changes, Purdy will be just another Jimmy G. Make no mistake Purdy can be very dangerous in the right offensive scheme with a coach that trusts him. But look at Shanny's record with Jimmy G. and Trey Lance and you can see he's not good at developing young QB talent.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
:party:

Its going to be a good show this offseason and an even better one next offseason. Enjoy the show boys!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Purdy isn't a bad QB. In the right system and with the right HC he is good enough to win including the Super Bowl. He's not elite yet but he could be. Look we all saw how Goff blossomed in the right system with the right HC. Purdy is no different. In fact, he's a fit for McVay's current system. What I see is a pocket QB (a bit undersized) who can go through his progressions and make good decisions. He's got decent arm strength with good accuracy.

This SB loss isn't on Purdy. It's on Shanahan. In some ways, he's like McVay in that he gets one dimensional of his own volition. Like McVay gets pass happy, Shanahan gets run happy. Had he trusted Purdy more in the red zone they might have won but he didn't. The difference between McVay and Shanahan is in their respective Super Bowls, McVay improved his playcalling and he won. In Shanahan's case, he didn't improve and some say it wasn't as good as his first Super Bowl.

Purdy has an NFL quality arm capable of making all the throws accurately. His strength is his ability to quickly go through his progressions and make good decisions. Paired with McVay and this Ram offense Purdy would have won that Super Bowl.

Unless Shanahan changes, Purdy will be just another Jimmy G. Make no mistake Purdy can be very dangerous in the right offensive scheme with a coach that trusts him. But look at Shanny's record with Jimmy G. and Trey Lance and you can see he's not good at developing young QB talent.

wait a minute... so, in the red zone, Shanny tried to run it in? against the #2 defense?
Oh boy let's be unpredictable & run it in!!!!
fire him.

Ellard80

Legend
Lots of people in and around the game need some finer points explained, including overtime rules.
I think the player aspect of not knowing those specifics is overblown.
Execute your plays.. let coaches handle that stuff.
That’s just me.
yeah the 2nd guessing with the overtime thing is so overblown.

There are arguments for and against taking the ball first or 2nd - there is no decision either way that's going to decide the game.

The 49ners couldn't block Chris Jones - so they only scored 3.

That ended up being the ball game.