To put things in perspective

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Capture.PNG

Have patience with Goff, he'll improve with time and proper coaching. Just hope he gets better under center, he looked very awkward there.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I remember this. He looked very underwhelming the first 2 preseason games ... started the 3rd game and looked great, and suddenly everybody forgot about the first two.

Really would like to see Goff get to play with the real #1's, instead of guys on the bubble like Brian Quick.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I'm not typically a gloom and doom guy, but I'm starting to worry about Goff. He looks overwhelmed out there. Maybe time and coaching helps him improve...maybe it doesn't. I don't exactly have a mountain of faith in this coaching staff. I'm praying to God we didn't miss with this pick. If we did, we're fucked for 3-4 years...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Goff has looked bad , but he hasn't had much help , how many passes has Quick dropped anyways ?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looks clumsy so far. He will not be the week one starter .

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He has been extremely underwhelming. I won't start worrying for a good while yet. We knew when we drafted him he might well not be ready to start until a number of weeks into the regular season. But it sure would be nice if we saw more encouraging play out of our #1 pick. :(

In his defense, the protection has not been nearly as good for him as for Keenum. He's also had less run game support. And the WRs have been doing him no favors.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Please don't compare Goff to Bradford. That's bad juju haha.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Few things:
Not gonna miss Tre Mason even a little.
We're gonna miss the hell out of Mcleod at least for a while.
Brian Quick did not help his case tonight

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Couple things here...

First, well before this game we knew the Chiefs were a real defense that had played very well vs Seattle. They were 3rd overall in scoring defense last year, and very high in sacks; they know how to bring the heat.

Second, keep in mind he's had very few live snaps coming into this game against a playoff-level defense. That is exacerbated by Fish pulling him early from the Dallas game due to a non-throwing shoulder stinger (which I observed at the time I didn't like due to him needing snaps), and the fact that our defense can't get off the F ing field. It's ridiculous. Now look which defenses the Rams face next: the Broncos and Vikings.

So at this point given how he looked tonight I gotta concede he's probably not going to get there facing those two defenses. Will have to wait and see of course but it don't look good.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Goff is fine. TWO pre season games in and people are freaking out. We knew coming in he was not well versed on a pro style O and has no experience under center. He's learning and it will take a little time. D's eyes light up when he comes in a game because A) He's a rookie and B) He was the #1 pick. D's love that! The Rams are doing the right thing by taking their time with him. I'd suspect he'll look much better after two more pre season games but maybe not good enough to be the starter and that's fine. Keenum can manage a game good enough to beat the 49ers on the road and Seattle at home as long as he has Gurley. The OL is getting better and our young WRs and TEs show a lot of promise. I'm good with where Goff is at the moment. A little adversity now is good for his development.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has looked bad , but he hasn't had much help , how many passes has Quick dropped anyways ?
There was one point in time that Goff was 7 for 10 with all 3 inc's drops by Quick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember this. He looked very underwhelming the first 2 preseason games ... started the 3rd game and looked great, and suddenly everybody forgot about the first two.

Well, I totally forgot that Bradford sucked in the first two. That makes me feel a bit better.

Now, let's go get Goff a ton of reps with the 1s in Game 3. Keenum doesn't need it. Make Goff the starter for that game.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I totally forgot that Bradford sucked in the first two. That makes me feel a bit better.

Now, let's go get Goff a ton of reps with the 1s in Game 3. Keenum doesn't need it. Make Goff the starter for that game.
I think maybe that is where Fisher is headed by not playing Mannion tonight. I think you see Goff and Mannion against Denver.

Bruce2980

Starter
Goff looked great to me, any time I see him is in the victory formation at the end of the game I won't complain? This years Super Bowl victory is going to be about Gurley shredding defenses and our great defensive front four. Goff isn't going to overshadow any of that no matter how well he plays this year.
Quick is quickly working his way out of a job. I can drop passes for a million a year. Am I hired?
Keenum looks good. He just needs to underthrow the deep ball a few times a game and get the almost automatic pass interference and now we have our deep threat taken care of, ha! Seriously though he played well.
The energy is very important, and LA HAS IT. Don't fret too much about Goff, he'll be there when we need him later in the season.

Bruce2980

Starter
was it 3? must have missed one.were they terrible drops or hard receptions dropped?
I counted 2 for 2. He dropped passes that were right on target. He has no confidence, reminds me of Eddie Kennison when Eddie had a bad case of the drops.