TNF-Vance Joseph & The Run

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
they shut him down because they new it was coming. how many times do you see good defenses shut that down at the end of a game and their team gets a chance to win it? im not talking about Indy im talking about a good team?
We ran against Jax all game bc that was their weakness. Philly I believe was 3rd in stopping the run when we played them and we still ran all over them when we did. They shut him down towards the end when he was running up the middle. I believe we could have continued our run success if we had switched up the run plays. But, then again maybe not. Its all coulda, shoulda, woulda at this point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not thinking about the record. But he did the right thing to win the game. And if we would of did the same we could of had the Eagles game won. Simple.
Silly
Gurley last 2 rushes led to minus 4 yards. Shoulda kept running it?
Cmon....

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Silly
Cmon....
Like I said. Come Sunday there should be no complaints about whether or not he is running the ball enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley is on track to have 2000 plus yards from scrimmage this year, with probably 16 TD's......and I don't get the feeling he is worn out for the playoffs....

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Gurley is on track to have 2000 plus yards from scrimmage this year, with probably 16 TD's......and I don't get the feeling he is worn out for the playoffs....
Not to mention the seahawks running D will be crap without Bobby Wagner. He is far from worn out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Goff's last 5 pass attempts yielded 12 yards and a turnover. I guess there was no answer for the Eagles D
Rams scored 28 points against the #2 D, so I think the play calling was not the culprit.
If we want to look at what Denver did to win, look no further than after they took a lead in the 2nd half, their defense held the Colts to 36 yards in 3 drives with only 2 1st downs.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Rams scored 28 points against the #2 D, so I think the play calling was not the culprit.
If we want to look at what Denver did to win, look no further than after they took a lead in the 2nd half, their defense held the Colts to 36 yards in 3 drives with only 2 1st downs.
I'm not blaming or criticizing the playcalling. I honestly think Philly's D just played better than our O towards the end, having both tackles hobbled didn't help. I just don't believe in the idea of abandoning half of an offense because of 2 bad plays. Had they shut the run down for most of the game, sure, but Gurley was gashing them for big gains most of the game. There has been drives this season where its been 3 passes then punt, and no one is going think to stop passing.

Having our D fresh and force 3 and outs would help also.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we should be a 60% running team, 40% passing team. I don't think we should be a 60% passing, 40% running. I say Gurley gets 20+ touches against Seattle, Brown possibly half.

You and Jeff Fisher seem to agree on how offense should work. Our pass-to-run ratio is fine as is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Silly
Cmon....

Well, yes, in that situation, we should have run it. With Havenstein going down and it being first and ten, I think we should have played it safe there with the lead.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You and Jeff Fisher seem to agree on how offense should work. Our pass-to-run ratio is fine as is.
Like I said. Come Sunday don't complain if they aren't feeding Gurley enough. Hopefully this will be the last time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, yes, in that situation, we should have run it. With Havenstein going down and it being first and ten, I think we should have played it safe there with the lead.
Well we did run on 1st down in the last 2 series, problem was both times it lost yardage and forced the Rams in to passing situations. We run on 2nd and long, it’s like Fisher ball.
I just don’t see complaining about the play calling when it had gotten us a 35-31 lead and we couldn’t stop Nick Foles

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well we did run on 1st down in the last 2 series, problem was both times it lost yardage and forced the Rams in to passing situations. We run on 2nd and long, it’s like Fisher ball.
I just don’t see complaining about the play calling when it had gotten us a 35-31 lead and we couldn’t stop Nick Foles

Both RBs Gurley and Brown had 14 touches. By the way thats total touches for the both of them. You think that is using the run game wisely? Apparently the pass/run ratio is good to go. Then come sunday people drink and start punching their screen because the run isnt being utilized enough. Stay tuned.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not blaming or criticizing the playcalling. I honestly think Philly's D just played better than our O towards the end, having both tackles hobbled didn't help. I just don't believe in the idea of abandoning half of an offense because of 2 bad plays. Had they shut the run down for most of the game, sure, but Gurley was gashing them for big gains most of the game. There has been drives this season where its been 3 passes then punt, and no one is going think to stop passing.

Having our D fresh and force 3 and outs would help also.
Well when you quoted me, that was my response to a post suggested Vance Joseph had a better game plan than McVay.
I’m just not a fan of criticizing the play calling. Run the ball and not convert and then we’re too conservative. Bottom line for me is Goff needed a half a second more and the defense couldn’t stop Nick Foles when it had to

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both RBs Gurley and Brown had 14 touches. By the way thats total touches for the both of them. You think that is using the run game wisely? Apparently the pass/run ratio is good to go. Then come sunday people drink and start punching their screen because the run isnt being utilized enough. Stay tuned.
So you think running the ball on 2nd and 13 is the way to go? 2nd and 11? Jeff Fisher would be proud of you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I said. Come Sunday don't complain if they aren't feeding Gurley enough. Hopefully this will be the last time.

No, I'll complain if I'm dissatisfied. But that doesn't mean that I want a 60-40 run-to-pass ratio.

We didn't run on the first down where Long stripped Goff. We should have run on that first down too.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So you think running the ball on 2nd and 13 is the way to go? 2nd and 11? Jeff Fisher would be proud of you.
You are ahead, in a time management situation yes why not? Why do some people still have a hard on for Fisher? Lol. Kind of amazing if you ask me.

Anyways. Til Sunday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I'll complain if I'm dissatisfied. But that doesn't mean that I want a 60-40 run-to-pass ratio.

We didn't run on the first down where Long stripped Goff. We should have run on that first down too.
We had on the previous 2 1st downs and got crushed. McVay went for it. Half second more and it’s a big play. We got burned. I’ll take our chances that his play calling is more boom or bust. I’m so sick of conservative football.
I’m good with the aggressive play

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We had on the previous 2 1st downs and got crushed. McVay went for it. Half second more and it’s a big play. We got burned. I’ll take our chances that his play calling is more boom or bust. I’m so sick of conservative football.
I’m good with the aggressive play

I'm fine with aggressive play when we didn't just lose our starting RT the play before. That's a time to play it safe when you're up one and the other guys have a backup QB in.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fine with aggressive play when we didn't just lose our starting RT the play before. That's a time to play it safe when you're up one and the other guys have a backup QB in.
If they run Gurley right, he gets stripped, he’s criticized for being too conservative. It was a 1 point game. He took a shot. I like it. Eagles got lucky.