TNF: Saints at Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm still grinning.

Nice to see New Orleans lose.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A player that many on this board were considering as a solid choice with our first rounder. Nice to see him playing so well this year, especially last night against our biggest rivals for the top seed lol.

Dallas will have quite the LB corps, once Lee is back, so...I'm sure they'd take a 4th and a couple of 6/7's for us to take Vander Esch off their hands!

307b011a-2a79-4f93-84d8-09dd428ac1f3-USATSI_11757398.jpg

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Just like in the 1970s when Dallas beat us 37-7 in the 1975 NFC Championship Game at the Coliseum and they beat us again 28-0 in in the 1978 NFC Championship Game at the Coliseum. But these Rams are not your grandfather's Rams. In fact that's why Rosenbloom fired Chuck Knox; he couldn't beat those Cowboys in the playoffs. Ray Malavasi who was the DC under Knox took over as HC in 1978 and in 1979 the Rams won their division with 9-7 record. We upset the Cowboys in Dallas in the Divisional playoff game 21-19 when Ferragamo found Billy Waddy wide open in the slot and he took it in the rest of the way with just a couple minutes left in the game. Our D held, we went on to Tampa Bay and beat them 9-0 on three Frank Corral FGs and the Rams finally made it to their first Super Bowl. But heck, Ferragomo with no disrespect, of course, is not Jarod Goff and Malavasi, likewise is not Sean McVay. Still, I loved those old Ram teams. They were a heck of a lot of fun to watch!
BTW, me and my dad were at all the Coliseum games; my pop bought season tickets in 1951.
We bought a pair of seats to the Dallas game through the Ram office and we were sitting on the 25-yard line just 8 rows up at old Texas Stadium wthought was too low but I didn't care, I was just happy to be there. Cowboy fans were cool and the crazy ones behind us even said to us after the game: The better team won, today Congratulations. (people didn't use "congrats" in those days.

Good retro story only thing is Knox didn't get fired he left and signed with Buffalo. He and owner Rosenbloom had different opinions on personnel (like who who should start at QB), then CR was complaining that they always lose in the playoffs after the 1977 mud bowl loss so Chuck got out and went on to another team.

Psycho_X

Legend
A player that many on this board were considering as a solid choice with our first rounder. Nice to see him playing so well this year, especially last night against our biggest rivals for the top seed lol.

Yeah I was really wanting to draft him if we kept our first rounder. But I'm ok with Brandin Cooks instead. He is turning into a stud though. Him and Smith roaming the middle of the field is a scary defense to go up against. Perfect counter to the sideline to sideline stretch offenses that Saints, Chiefs, and us like to do to open up down the field stuff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Highlight of the week so far is reading Aints fans pissing and moaning about how the refs cost them the game and they're the only ones to be victimized by the refs all year :D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Highlight of the week so far is reading Aints fans pissing and moaning about how the refs cost them the game and they're the only ones to be victimized by the refs all year :D
I believe it was a new experience for the Saints fans where Refs made bad calls that had an effect on their team winning. I watch many of a Saints game down here in the deep south. Just always seems they are not usually affected by the refs in the 10 straight easy wins till last night.

I enjoyed that Dalls win one of the best in a long while. It was nice to see those two Dallas young LB'ers tackle so well & always with a hit! Wonder if Mark Barron watch the game.

Go Rams

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ek-13-dallas-cowboys-13-new-orleans-saints-10

Refocused, NFL Week 13: Dallas Cowboys 13, New Orleans Saints 10
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

USATSI_11757269_168384674_lowres.jpg

DAL-Cowboys-Header.png

Dallas’ defense was fantastic, particularly in coverage, where they were consistently challenging New Orleans’ receivers and making catches difficult. And when throws were completed underneath, they were quick to the ball and made tackles for limited yardage.

No surprise, but it was Leighton Vander Esch and Demarcus Lawrence who led the charge. LVE was all over the field, making stops near the line of scrimmage in both phases, while Lawrence picked up a pair of strip sacks (though one was nullified by a questionable offsides penalty).

Dak Prescott‘s stat line will look good, but it certainly doesn’t explain his performance overall. The majority of his passes were short with receivers getting yards after the catch. He did have one beautifully thrown deep ball in the first quarter, but that was his only completed deep pass of the night.

Twice he fumbled on sacks, the second coming late in the game where Dallas could have extended their lead. This was after missing a wide-open Michael Gallupearlier in the drive, who had torched Eli Apple on a deep stop-and-go double move and should have been an easy touchdown.

Zack Martin has arguably been the best guard in football this year, but he certainly didn’t play that way in the first half. He was quickly beaten in pass protection a couple of times and allowed a few stops in the run game. He fared better in the second half, but one has to wonder how much the knee injury is affecting his play and what that will mean for the Dallas offense in the final stretch of the season.

NO-Saints-Header.png

Drew Brees was kept out of rhythm throughout the night by the Dallas’ defense, uncharacteristically putting the ball in harm’s way on multiple occasions and ultimately turning in his worst performance of the season.

The Saints’ offense as a whole had very little go their way on Thursday, managing to stay on the field for only 49 plays and failing to generate really any explosive plays either through the air or on the ground. Even on their lone touchdown drive, they were bailed out by multiple penalties along the way to keep the drive alive.

The interior of the Saints’ defensive line played pretty well. Sheldon Rankins had a few pressures on the night and played well on a handful of plays he was in on run defense. He was outshone by David Onyemata, though, as he had three sacks on the night.

Apple had one of, if not the worst, performances of his career. In the first quarter alone, he gave up a 40-yard deep pass to Gallup on top of three penalties in coverage and a missed tackle. He settled down for a while, but Gallup once again torched him late in the game on a double move that should have given Dallas a two-score lead with around six minutes to go, but he lucked out that the throw was off-target.

Keys to the Game

Dallas

Controlling possession of the ball and limiting the number of drives and plays the Saints’ offense had was the perfect strategy. Despite only scoring three times with two being field goals, Dallas did just enough on offense thanks to their defense holding the high-powered Saints to just 10 points.

New Orleans

One of the top offenses in football was completely and thoroughly shut down by the Cowboys’ defense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe it was a new experience for the Saints fans where Refs made bad calls that had an effect on their team winning. I watch many of a Saints game down here in the deep south. Just always seems they are not usually affected by the refs in the 10 straight easy wins till last night.

I enjoyed that Dalls win one of the best in a long while. It was nice to see those two Dallas young LB'ers tackle so well & always with a hit! Wonder if Mark Barron watch the game.

Go Rams
Yeah it’s especially entertaining after these same fans claimed the officials had no affect on our game with them.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

https://saintsreport.com/threads/the-fix-was-in-and-no-one-will-ever-convince-me-otherwise.396925/

Was this another "All-Star" crew like they had for Rams-Chiefs? Because they both were AWFUL and favored a certain team...and that certain team won both games.
----------------
Yeah, I told my brothers last Friday that this will be the game that the NFL reins the Saints in. The NFL wants the Rams in the Super Bowl, and the Saints made it clear that the Rams could not get to the Super Bowl through NOLA.
--------------
As for the conspiracy theory, I dont buy it. If the refs can control the outcome for the Rams, then homefield advantage is irrelevant.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cowboys fans 4 weeks ago: FIRE GARRETT!!!!
Cowboys fans tonight: ....
Living here... that is dead on.

Before the upsurge, one of the morning hosts on the local sports station (The Ticket) bet that he'd wear a mohawk for a year if Garrett doesn't get fired.

Guess who'd going to wear a mohawk for a year. George ("Jub Jub") Dunham.
:LOL:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Was at our bar last night cheering on the Cowpies..... I feel so ... dirty....

Rainram

Starter
https://saintsreport.com/threads/the-fix-was-in-and-no-one-will-ever-convince-me-otherwise.396925/

Was this another "All-Star" crew like they had for Rams-Chiefs? Because they both were AWFUL and favored a certain team...and that certain team won both games.
----------------
Yeah, I told my brothers last Friday that this will be the game that the NFL reins the Saints in. The NFL wants the Rams in the Super Bowl, and the Saints made it clear that the Rams could not get to the Super Bowl through NOLA.
--------------
As for the conspiracy theory, I dont buy it. If the refs can control the outcome for the Rams, then homefield advantage is irrelevant.

Seems odd that they blame the refs. I saw plenty of calls/no calls go in the Saints favor. Big ones too.

I’ll concede the officiating wasn’t good. But it wasn’t lopsided, nor indicative of a fix of any sort.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Completely shut out the an offense averaging 37 points a game

We may have the best defense in the league right now. It also happens to be the youngest in the league. Byron Jones still #1 CB and LVE will be DROY.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Completely shut out the an offense averaging 37 points a game

We may have the best defense in the league right now. It also happens to be the youngest in the league. Byron Jones still #1 CB and LVE will be DROY.
Great game Rynie! I have never cheered for the Cowboys before. I felt unclean, but it was worth it to see Peyton's face afterwards. Looks like you get Garrett for another 4 years.(y)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't think Dallas has the tools to beat any good team. The teams they have beat are average to below average teams. I think they'll hang around w the saints for the first half and fall behind in the second. They don't have the fire power to keep up w a good team for more than 2 quarters.

Boy was I wrong, I didn't think the Cowboys had the tools necessary to beat the Saints. Kudos to you guys who called this game correctly