TNF: Dolphins@Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup. He was running and an instant slide. Kiko can't let up in less than a yard or however close he was.

He can, however, not lower his strike-zone into Flacco's head. The video makes it quite apparent that's exactly what he did. If he had done what Joyner did, I'd be singing a different tune. Joyner tried to spin away and hit the QB seemingly unintentionally. Alonso went right after Flacco's head.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Just tuned in and who's the color guy, is that Romo? He's HORRIBLE. Who the heck said he was any good, was that fake news? He just sounds dumb, worst color guy I ever heard. Time to turn off the sound.
:puke:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just tuned in and who's the color guy, is that Romo? He's HORRIBLE. Who the heck said he was any good, was that fake news? He just sounds dumb, worst color guy I ever heard. Time to turn off the sound.
:puke:

He's the best commentator on the air, bar none, if you want to actually hear about football. Plus, I love how excited he gets during the games. It's like he's one of us fans. If you're interested in hearing a bunch of cliches and meaningless platitudes, you'll enjoy Gruden more. But if you want to learn about football while watching it, Romo is great.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you not remember the Sherman hit? Goff is as greedy as any other QB (see the TD against the Cardinals for another example). If a defender wanted to hit Goff like that while he was sliding, he could. And you wouldn't defend the play.

You gave examples of him running. There isn't one of him sliding.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You gave examples of him running. There isn't one of him sliding.

Because he hasn't gotten KO'd by an illegal hit while sliding. I have a great memory, but I don't remember every single instance of Goff sliding clearly enough to be able to tell you that he slid too early or too late. You said Goff doesn't get greedy. He does.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Flacco's an idiot. He should've taken a powder a yard or two sooner. Was it worth it Joe?

That being said, Alonzo should've at least made an attempt at turning his shoulder away. He decided Flacco's was going to stay up and went for the kill shot.

Bottom line? They're both wrong. They both freaked it up.

VilleDeal

UDFA
The strike zone argument doesn't work....think back to the Cody Davis hit on the 49er receiver and the bogus call. If the man with the ball goes low, how else and where else do you tackle the man with the ball?
Flacco will now slide earlier....I hope.
To think he could pull off that hit is ludicris...and why would he want to anyway?
Again.... Get the flags out if you want to put the quarterback s in a bubble.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because he hasn't gotten KO'd by an illegal hit while sliding. I have a great memory, but I don't remember every single instance of Goff sliding clearly enough to be able to tell you that he slid too early or too late. You said Goff doesn't get greedy. He does.

Not when he slides.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Flacco's an idiot. He should've taken a powder a yard or two sooner. Was it worth it Joe?

That being said, Alonzo should've at least made an attempt at turning his shoulder away. He decided Flacco's was going to stay up and went for the kill shot.

Bottom line? They're both wrong. They both freaked it up.

If he were going for a kill shot on a standing Flacco, this wouldn't be an issue. Alonso was fully aware that Flacco was trying to slide. That's why he lowered his strike-zone and delivered a shot to the head. No self-respecting LB hits a 6'6" pocket passer who's running in the shins. Alonso was going to go high when Flacco was up, and he was happy to go after the head after he started to slide. The video makes that clear if you slow it down. You can see Alonso dropping down to go after his head.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're moving the goal-posts.

How so? We're talking about a qb who got greedy when sliding. I have never seen Goff slide late. There has always been plenty of time for the defender to pull up.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If he were going for a kill shot on a standing Flacco, this wouldn't be an issue. Alonso was fully aware that Flacco was trying to slide. That's why he lowered his strike-zone and delivered a shot to the head. No self-respecting LB hits a 6'6" pocket passer who's running in the shins. Alonso was going to go high when Flacco was up, and he was happy to go after the head after he started to slide. The video makes that clear if you slow it down. You can see Alonso dropping down to go after his head.
If Flacco slides a yard or two sooner, this is all moot. Instead, he was greedy and got smoked for it. Flacco bears some of the responsibility.

If you want to chase this even further, there should've been offsetting PF calls on the play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How so? We're talking about a qb who got greedy when sliding. I have never seen Goff slide late. There has always been plenty of time for the defender to pull up.

You claimed Goff wouldn't get hit like that because he's not greedy. We both know for a fact that Goff will absolutely get greedy to make a big play. This discussion isn't going anywhere. Have a nice evening.

If Flacco slides a yard or two sooner, this is all moot. Instead, he was greedy and got smoked for it. Flacco bears some of the responsibility.

If you want to chase this even further, there should've been offsetting PF calls on the play.

I'm not sure it is moot. Alonso's hit looked intentional to me. I'm not sold he pulls up no matter when Flacco slides.

Flacco doesn't bear the responsibility here any more than a WR who goes up for a catch bears the responsibility for a SS launching into his head with the crown of his helmet.

As for the offsetting PFs, that would have been a weak move by the refs considering Suh's actions after the play. They made the right call letting that go rather than rewarding Miami.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I should be surprised to see people supporting that moron Alonso in here, but unfortunately I'm not.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You claimed Goff wouldn't get hit like that because he's not greedy. We both know for a fact that Goff will absolutely get greedy to make a big play. This discussion isn't going anywhere. Have a nice evening.

You're such a lawyer. My conversation has always been about a qb being greedy sliding late.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're such a lawyer. My conversation has always been about a qb being greedy sliding late.

And the so called greed of a QB is completely irrelevant. The hit was illegal and it was hard and knowing what he was doing would get him a flag and with the violence of the hit and the fact it was straight to the head of a defenseless QB who is protected by the rules it also makes it dirty. You know damned well Alonso knows better than to do what he did and did it anyways.

LOL Now Suh grabs the backup QB by the throat and poked a dude in the eye. Yeah nice clean team there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best part of this horrible game? This pathetic excuse for a team in Miami is on prime time TV next Sunday and the following Monday. Worst offense in the NFL is getting shut out in the first leg of a three leg prime time TV run.

bored-gif-10.gif

Side note, Bud/Bud Light commercials are almost as unwatchable as Miami.