TJ gets a DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Damnit. I hope it's medication related and not a drug violation. The last thing our secondary needs is to go without TJ

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can't be too serious if he was released on his own recognizance.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't be too serious if he was released on his own recognizance.

Fairly typical in a DWI situation. Otherwise - lawyers argue that the defendant was deprived the opportunity to collect evidence in their own defense during the relevant time. (In other words, he can't go get his own independent blood test if he is still in jail).

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Damnit. I hope it's medication related and not a drug violation. The last thing our secondary needs is to go without TJ

Dont know Cali law - but it doesn't make a legal difference where I live. Although the league may treat it differently.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fairly typical in a DWI situation. Otherwise - lawyers argue that the defendant was deprived the opportunity to collect evidence in their own defense during the relevant time. (In other words, he can't go get his own independent blood test if he is still in jail).
Oh, okay. I was under the impression that he didn't have to bond out.
Like maybe he couldn't be held anymore.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Oh, okay. I was under the impression that he didn't have to bond out.
Like maybe he couldn't be held anymore.

No - you are right - he didn't have to post bond. But my guess is the state is doing that to preclude the defense I was talking about - that's how it works in my neck anyway.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Do you hear that? It's Whitner's price tag going up..

Hope TJ can rebound and avoid suspension.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
First offense DUI usually doesn't get s suspension, right?

Quinn didn't lose time as I recall.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
No info on details? FWIW, texting while driving can be officially charged as a DUI.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This could be no big deal, or it could be worse than it looks. Right now I'm worried.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow, what a fucking idiot. I don't understand these guys. You can literally afford to hire someone to drive you everywhere.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Ehh, not too concerned on this one. He did the right thing calling himself in and sitting there waiting for the cops to show up. No injuries and no drugs on his person, he should be in the clear.