TJ gets a DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Hopefully just a bad (prescribed) medicine reaction that got him loopy. Hopefully it wasn't under the counter pain pills or something else. His full cooperation and even calling it in is good at least. I've just been waiting for the ticking time bomb that is the offseason to claim someone. Especially now that tmz is up our team's collective asses it seems.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alds-arrest-their-second-since-moving-to-l-a/

Rams aware of T.J. McDonald’s arrest, their second since moving to L.A.
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 11, 2016

Welcome back to the NFL, Los Angeles.

Not only do you have a team again, but when that team has guys get arrested, your team is aware.

Following Tuesday morning’s arrest of safety T.J. McDonald on non-alcohol DUI charges, the Rams got to put out the kind of perfunctory statement fans should get used to when things like this happen.

We are aware of the incident involving T.J. McDonald this morning,” the Rams said, via the Los Angeles Times. “We are gathering information and will have no further comment at this time.”

The information we have gathered is that McDonald hit a parked car, and officers deemed him to be impaired, but by a substance other than alcohol.

McDonald was released on $300 bond at 6:23 p.m., and has a June 3 court date.

Perhaps he’ll show up for his, unlike teammate Tre Mason, who missed his first appearance but later pleaded not guilty.

Mason was arrested in March for resisting arrest, reckless driving and possession of marijuana in Florida.

The two arrests and the involvement of drugs that are still illegal in the eyes of the NFL will open the door for possible suspensions for both players.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Y
Isn't this a contract year for TJ? Bad timing kid, bad timing.

Yes it is. TJ is entering his 4th & final of his rookie contract. He was only able to finish 9 games in his rookie season due to a broken leg & last season he was only able to finish 10 games & played injured for many others with the shoulder issue & then reconstructive shoulder surgery. His 2014 season was his only good complete season as a starter. Now the 4th season 2016 has a cloud over it to begin with. TJ is no Rodney McLeod when it comes to remaining healthy on the field & without any negative incidents.

Rams do have an up & coming solid strong safety in Mo Alexander who played & started in place of TJ last season here for another two seasons. This incident is far less of a problem in comparison to the Mason incident. I was hoping that TJ would return to full health & be able to fully concentrate on playing a new NFL position one that Rod McLeod had held down for four seasons. If TJ could prove in the NFL that he could play both safety positions well he would climb close to the top of the resign UFA list after this season. TJ could be a pro bowl player with a little good luck. This event falls to the opposite side.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The information we have gathered is that McDonald hit a parked car, and officers deemed him to be impaired, but by a substance other than alcohol.
I mean, that's a whole lot of substances that could be involved.
From opiates all the way down to Sudafed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I mean, that's a whole lot of substances that could be involved.
From opiates all the way down to Sudafed.

Opioid abuse is crazy right now and when I read about the accident and him being loopy but not drunk it's the first thing that came to mind. Especially since it's what just killed Prince from everything we know so far anyway. Fentanyl is the popular one right now and CNN actually had a vid/article on their site today. It may still be up there.

Thousands and thousands of people are dying from them every year. There is some national attention on the issue since death from overdose is doubling and tripling from last year depending on the area of the country.

Prince's friends landed his plane so he could get a "save shot", so I read about what that was knowing that it was likely the same thing as the shot scene in Pulp Fiction. It's a drug called Naloxone. Opioid overdoses and deaths have become so rampant that it's being made available to police and EMT crews. It used to be available only in emergency rooms.

Here is an article about it.........

http://www.motherjones.com/environm...demic-addiction-narcan-overdose-reversal-drug

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
welp....it's already starting....when you stop, after hitting a car....then get arrested...I mean...if you didn't smell alcohol?
when I read about the accident and him being loopy but not drunk it's the first thing that came to mind.
IDK....Maybe he was wobbling...In any case, it's never, sir did you hit your head, do you need medical attention? It's you're under arrest...
No problem...TJ's a solid dude...But if TJ can get in trouble...geez....

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As others have pointed out, very bad timing for TJ McDonald. With the loss of McCleod, I would have guess that McDonald was a higher priority to be re-signed than Brockers. I bet that changes now though.

TJ might not be a Ram next year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With all his injuries ,maybe it's the pain pills.On label it says don't drive when in use.DANGER !!
If it is prescribed then it might just add as an awareness.
Pro athletes are role models ,weather good or bad. I just hope it makes for a good example of what not to do & why. The cause & effects.
I know TJ is a true family guy & he has his father Tim McDonald there for support. Tim was a solid pro for the hated 49ers. --Fight on TJ

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehh, not too concerned on this one. He did the right thing calling himself in and sitting there waiting for the cops to show up. No injuries and no drugs on his person, he should be in the clear.
plus it was 830 AM so could have been a sleeping pill that had not worn off too?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Holy crap, the conjecture in this thread is something serious. "TJ might not be a Ram next year."

th

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
welp....it's already starting....when you stop, after hitting a car....then get arrested...I mean...if you didn't smell alcohol?
IDK....Maybe he was wobbling...In any case, it's never, sir did you hit your head, do you need medical attention? It's you're under arrest...
No problem...TJ's a solid dude...But if TJ can get in trouble...geez....

Good point about asking if a person needs help, it probably doesn't happen often enough, and I wasn't trying to insinuate that he is abusing drugs. It could be something his doctor gave him for pain and he took too much.

Opioids just came to mind because a person will seem drunk and disoriented and I had been readong about them since they are in the news.

I just posted this on another board........We just lost our generations John Lennon because of them. Prince was abusing them evidently.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Opioid abuse is crazy right now and when I read about the accident and him being loopy but not drunk it's the first thing that came to mind. Especially since it's what just killed Prince from everything we know so far anyway. Fentanyl is the popular one right now and CNN actually had a vid/article on their site today. It may still be up there.

Thousands and thousands of people are dying from them every year. There is some national attention on the issue since death from overdose is doubling and tripling from last year depending on the area of the country.

Prince's friends landed his plane so he could get a "save shot", so I read about what that was knowing that it was likely the same thing as the shot scene in Pulp Fiction. It's a drug called Naloxone. Opioid overdoses and deaths have become so rampant that it's being made available to police and EMT crews. It used to be available only in emergency rooms.

Here is an article about it.........

http://www.motherjones.com/environm...demic-addiction-narcan-overdose-reversal-drug

My wife is a pharmacist and can now dispense Naloxone.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My wife is a pharmacist and can now dispense Naloxone.

It's crazy isn't it........the epidemic is so bad that we have to have that readily available.

I will admit though if I had a friend or family member that had issues with opioids I would do whatever I had to do to get a hold of some just in case.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ehh, not too concerned on this one. He did the right thing calling himself in and sitting there waiting for the cops to show up. No injuries and no drugs on his person, he should be in the clear.

I hope you are right. It is a good sign though that he called and he waited, certainly doesn't look like he was trying to hide something.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It's crazy isn't it........the epidemic is so bad that we have to have that readily available.

I will admit though if I had a friend or family member that had issues with opioids I would do whatever I had to do to get a hold of some just in case.

And it certainly doesn't just have to be people who are abusing. People could have lung disease but also be on opioids. That would increase the risk of the chance to stop breathing.

Having naloxone around for a loved one would be something to really have in mind. If the situation was to call for it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this would be considered too long after the fact to be relevant!

That's the point. That's why they tend to let you out of jail as soon as they can following the arrest. On the other hand, a lot of double dwis happen that way when dumbasses go right back to their cars to drive home. Good officers are on the lookout for that every time.