Time to stop blaming others.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
TBH I'm quite sick of seeing posts blaming the refs for our woes. Im sorry if this seems negative but we done plenty to lose that game without the refs being a factor: Wells horrible fumble, Dez picking daisies out in the pasture by himself, Davis' pick six, letting D'Marco Murray run lose like he's the second coming of Walter Payton. Those blunders lead to 21 points by failing.

Yes there was horrible calls/no calls against us just like there was on the other side of the ball .... Jenkins tripping Murray that ended in a fumble? Haven't seen one post complaining about that.... Or any holds we committed that weren't called. Please, stop complaining and creating excuses to fix the problem. If 'OUR' players make excuses instead of taking ownership and 'correcting' the above mentioned issues we will be below a .500 team once again. Time to man the hell up and stop blaming everybody else for your woes, this goes for fans and the team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
TBH I'm quite sick of seeing posts blaming the refs for our woes. Im sorry if this seems negative but we done plenty to lose that game without the refs being a factor: Wells horrible fumble, Dez picking daisies out in the pasture by himself, Davis' pick six, letting D'Marco Murray run lose like he's the second coming of Walter Payton. Those blunders lead to 21 points by failing.

Yes there was horrible calls/no calls against us just like there was on the other side of the ball .... Jenkins tripping Murray that ended in a fumble? Haven't seen one post complaining about that.... Or any holds we committed that weren't called. Please, stop complaining and creating excuses to fix the problem. If 'OUR' players make excuses instead of taking ownership and 'correcting' the above mentioned issues we will be below a .500 team once again. Time to man the hell up and stop blaming everybody else for your woes, this goes for fans and the team.

I just rewatched the game for the 4th time. The refs won this game. You can say what you want, but that's what happened. At least a dozen key plays were killed or extended by bad calls / no calls. Did it work both ways? Yes, some, but NOT on the big plays EXCEPT the tripping call. Almost every other bad call or no call I saw on a game changing play went against the Rams.

Either way, the Rams still played hard and almost won.

RamzFanz

Damnit
“Believe me, I looked at them,” Fisher said. “We had several of them that are not fouls, probably four in particular.”

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
timthumb.php

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Tell you what. We're fans. Fans get to complain. So, I'll continue to complain about the zebras shafting the Rams if you don't mind.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Regarding Jenoris Jenkins and the play that caused a fumble ; Jenkins tripped Murray which allowed the other defender to tackle and dislodge the ball. This is a 10-yard penalty yet no one mentions this when they complain about the officials. I don't mind being critical of the officals but it should be fair and balanced.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
feel better?

No. No I don't. I'm beginning to believe that the NFL is fixed. I think the game we're watching vs. the game that is actually being played are two different things.

There is no logical reason for what's been happening to us, other than the games are fixed.

The NFL is Italian soccer or Indian cricket. No better. No worse.

The only question that remains is by who is it being fixed by?

After reading the reports surrounding the Ray Rice incident, I would say that the owners have an incredible about of sway.

It is clear that ownership didn't think that the video evidence would surface (as the defense strategy was based on a plea deal).

There is no way on God's green earth that ownership (and the NFL front office) did not have FULL knowledge of how incendiary that video tape was going to be.

The fact that ownership went ahead with protecting Ray Rice, in spite of the risk of doing so, just goes to show how cavalier they are with their blatant manipulation of REALITY.

I watched the press conference today.... The owner came off as forthcoming, which is INCREDIBLE given that it is an obvious lie (that he wasn't "curious" as to the contents of the video tape).

Anyway, it's piece after piece after piece of evidence that point to this entire thing (the NFL) being a FARCE.

I just feel bad for the players and the coaches who don't seem to be a part of this.

I also feel bad for the fans, who waste their lives following the idea of a game they love.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories for the record. I just think that "the most logical explanation, is the truth". And the best way to hide a lie, "is to hide it in broad daylight."

The reason the NFL gets away with it is because none of us WANT to believe it. And we know the game so well we can argue the owners case persuasively because we ultimately are not WILLING to accept the TRUTH of the reality that is as plain as the fucking nose on my face....

Thank you for asking. It got me to be introspective as to why I reacted the way I did.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

It wouldnt be brought up if the officials didnt call penalties that did not happen and they called the ones that did happen. Fisher said in his presser that there were at least 12 holds by the dallas OL that went uncalled. Yet they somehow saw the penalties that did not happen?

I agree its total BS that we are talkin about it, but only because these officials should be doing their jobs. Not trying to fix games.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Tell ya what man, I'll complain about what I don't like you complain about what you don't like and IF neither of us becomes a one trick troll about it we'll both be OK ?

The refs. deserve criticism just like the players and coaches and when they disproportionately make ticky tack calls that hand a game to one team or the other it's gonna be complained about especially in close games . If you aren't used to that, better start to be,cuz it comes with the territory of posting on a dedicated team message board.
Fisher and Co. will hold the players responsible for all their mistakes ,but you think someone should run laps for the shit roughing call, or the holding in the backfield call,? man those guys were hosed and those calls shouldn't have been made and I don't mind at all if Fisher tells the players they were.

Doubtless not all carping about refereeing is justifiable and I have never been fond of people being hyper critical ,I've sat next to people who cry and scream on nearly every play and yeah that shit gets old , but there are numerous instances where officials calls have taken games from deserving teams,(that's exactly why we have replay) and there were plays Sunday that were not review able that had as much impact as review able plays, the scales of those plays were decidedly in favor of Dallas Sunday ,I don't like it and IMA say so .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just rewatched the game for the 4th time. The refs won this game. You can say what you want, but that's what happened. At least a dozen key plays were killed or extended by bad calls / no calls. Did it work both ways? Yes, some, but NOT on the big plays EXCEPT the tripping call. Almost every other bad call or no call I saw on a game changing play went against the Rams.

Either way, the Rams still played hard and almost won.
RamzFanz; I totally agree with everything I've read that you have posted on this Game!! Soooo I would suggest, that you, as "Pit Boss", Declare All of our Wagers, on this game a 'Push', Because of what the Ref's did to us, And refund our Money!! Except mine, I want mine Declared as Wins, I want what I should have Made From the WIN and The Sack Simms was Robbed of!!:cry::D:LOL:;)

Alan

Legend
I haven't posted a single complaint about the officiating but I'd much rather our community bad mouth the refs than our own players and coaches. If you need to let off some steam I can't think of a better target. Maybe add in a little NFL conspiracy against the Rams stuff and we're good to go. :LOL:

Just saying.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Can someone explain to me why Jenkind trying to trip the ball carrier should have been a foul? Isn't that an missed tackle? Any other player, yes that's tripping, for sure but the ball carrier?

Athos

Legend
Even the most casual fan of football should be disgusting by the totally disproportionate amount of penalties being called against the Rams...at the most inopportune of times.

The same calls, at the same times, just aren't being called against teams the Rams play. We contributed to our errors well enough on our own. You can't beat your own mistakes and gross ref incompetence at the same time though.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think our complaining about the officials is reflective of the Ram players making excuses and playing .500 ball. We are fans. We don't need to hold ourselves accountable for anything other than supporting the team. This literally has no effect on the team or outcome of anything.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
No. No I don't. I'm beginning to believe that the NFL is fixed. I think the game we're watching vs. the game that is actually being played are two different things.

There is no logical reason for what's been happening to us, other than the games are fixed.

The NFL is Italian soccer or Indian cricket. No better. No worse.

The only question that remains is by who is it being fixed by?

After reading the reports surrounding the Ray Rice incident, I would say that the owners have an incredible about of sway.

It is clear that ownership didn't think that the video evidence would surface (as the defense strategy was based on a plea deal).

There is no way on God's green earth that ownership (and the NFL front office) did not have FULL knowledge of how incendiary that video tape was going to be.

The fact that ownership went ahead with protecting Ray Rice, in spite of the risk of doing so, just goes to show how cavalier they are with their blatant manipulation of REALITY.

I watched the press conference today.... The owner came off as forthcoming, which is INCREDIBLE given that it is an obvious lie (that he wasn't "curious" as to the contents of the video tape).

Anyway, it's piece after piece after piece of evidence that point to this entire thing (the NFL) being a FARCE.

I just feel bad for the players and the coaches who don't seem to be a part of this.

I also feel bad for the fans, who waste their lives following the idea of a game they love.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories for the record. I just think that "the most logical explanation, is the truth". And the best way to hide a lie, "is to hide it in broad daylight."

The reason the NFL gets away with it is because none of us WANT to believe it. And we know the game so well we can argue the owners case persuasively because we ultimately are not WILLING to accept the TRUTH of the reality that is as plain as the freaking nose on my face....

Thank you for asking. It got me to be introspective as to why I reacted the way I did.
welcome to reality. glad to have u as part of our team.

the world will never be the same for u now. everything will be viewed thru different eyes.

the distress you'll feel is natural. don't worry, you'll be fine even as the curtain is drawn and more is revealed.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Rammer- I do agree the team has to play much better to win games.
But, there is no way you could watch this game and not think the officials had WAY too much of an impact on the outcome.

Long TD to Bryant-Watch it again-Langford is pulled down right in front of Romo. Should of been an EASY holding call. Nope- 7 points.
FG drive- That was not a roughing the passer. So instead of 4th down and a 54 yard field attempt or punt the drive lead to easy points. Now we're at 10 points.
And even with all that the last holding penalty on Sims was a joke and a huge field position change because they are punting from their endzone. The reality is if you watch the OL there were a ton of holds going on that weren't called. I can live with the non-calls that aren't game affecting but the ones that make the difference in W's and L's I can't.

Even with poor D play and our turnovers this game should of been a W and it wasn't. And it wasn't because we played poorly, the officials just plain blew this game.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Normally you'll see ticky tack calls on both teams because, after all, NFL officiating has been horrible and inconsistent for years.

What is inexcusable is letting the Cowboys play, and calling the Rams for multiple infractions, that were not infractions in the rule book.

That changed a three point game.

Did the players blow it? You bet. But the officiating in that game was completely unacceptable.