Time to Bring in Other Kickers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's either a bluff (which makes the coach look silly eventually) or definitely *potential* replacement at least. So yeah, way too early to talk about even potentially replacing Zuerlein. Teams would be in a mad scramble to get him if we did that.
Not gonna debate it bro. Competition is a part of coaching and pushing your players. You disagree. Thats cool.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, you can miss easy kicks. We see it happen quite often. Let's just see how the rest of the season shakes out before we call it quits with the guy. He might have more games like the Denver game than this one, and my money is on that.

And I hope he does not miss a kick that will win it from 38 yards. Not impressed when you can kick from 60 inside and miss from 30 outside!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Not gonna debate it bro. Competition is a part of coaching and pushing your players. You disagree. Thats cool.
Well if there is going to be competition, it's not going to be before next year. And even then, it's going to be GZ's job to lose.

NFL Coaches don't make heat of the moment decisions based on anger over one game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry no more excuses, bring some in to challenge Zuerlein.

1. Garrett Hartley
  2. Jay Feely (If Bears release him Gould should be healthy)
  3. Rian Lindell

None of these guys are any good. Why would we waste our time and a roster spot doing this?

If Zuerlein is as fragile mentally as you guys claim, this move is more likely to backfire than anything.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nope IMO he was having trouble with the footing on that field ,corrected it made all of them second half , sign of a pro.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I hope he does not miss a kick that will win it from 38 yards. Not impressed when you can kick from 60 inside and miss from 30 outside!

I have to wonder if the field was an issue. The Redskins have a notoriously terrible field. It's possible he struggled with his footing on the first few kicks because he seemed to get it down right later in the game. And all the misses looked exactly the same.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
None of these guys are any good. Why would we waste our time and a roster spot doing this?

If Zuerlein is as fragile mentally as you guys claim, this move is more likely to backfire than anything.
I don't think anyone is claiming that, and maybe some can take it down a notch. He had a horrible game, but nobody is untouchable. Hopefully, he bounces back strong.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Jeff Wilkins went south went he first got to Rams, glad Dick Vermeil didn't pull the plug on him. . . was valuable player for a long time

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I don't think so man up and make a damn 28 yard field goal, if not, get the hell out of dodge! Again I realize the upside, but IMO, he could be a liability outside and the future of the Rams in St. Louis appears to be outside!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not oblivious to how he performed today. I get it. It was a shitty day. Fortunately, it didn't cost us anything, and he *did* manage to secure 3 wins for us (Tampa, SF, DEN), so like I said .... let's see how the season plays out and take it from there. I freely admit he's been inconsistent. I'm just not all that invested in the notion that he needs to be jettisoned yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope IMO he was having trouble with the footing on that field ,corrected it made all of them second half , sign of a pro.

Beat me to the punch. Redskins' field is notorious for being a terrible playing surface. All his misses looked exactly the same.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so man up and make a damn 28 yard field goal, if not, get the hell out of dodge! Again I realize the upside, but IMO, he could be a liability outside and the future of the Rams in St. Louis appears to be outside!

I'm sure Jeff Wilkins never once did that sort of thing in his career. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think anyone is claiming that, and maybe some can take it down a notch. He had a horrible game, but nobody is untouchable. Hopefully, he bounces back strong.

Right now, just about every starter is untouchable because there's no one on the market to replace them with.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well if there is going to be competition, it's not going to be before next year. And even then, it's going to be GZ's job to lose.

NFL Coaches don't make heat of the moment decisions based on anger over one game.
No one here said they did.
nixweiss.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Right now, just about every starter is untouchable because there's no one on the market to replace them with.
I think both sides are getting revved up, too much, about his game after a great win, but his performance could have cost us a game. I think it's safe to say that if he has another game like this, this year, he will be on Fisher's short list. I love the kid, and his big leg, but truth is, he keeps pushing the ball. I wouldn't blame it on the field.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Beat me to the punch. Redskins' field is notorious for being a terrible playing surface. All his misses looked exactly the same.

Yeah, he missed an extra point because of a wet field, great! He has not kicked well this year, that's a fact. Let's see how he bounces back, but IMO, I'm tired of his inconsistently and you can't miss 28 yard field goals, you just can't!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And as we speak, Dawson hooks one to the left against DA RAIDUHHHHZZZZ

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
No one here said they did.
nixweiss.gif
That seems to be what's being called for with this thread. But whatever. We both seem to agree that at least one side here is overreacting. Maybe both are.