Time to Bring in Other Kickers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry no more excuses, bring some in to challenge Zuerlein.

1. Garrett Hartley
  2. Jay Feely (If Bears release him Gould should be healthy)
  3. Rian Lindell

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Honestly, kickers get fired for less. I love GZ, but, "Come on, man!"

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not a popular opinion but yeah, you're right. Even just as a prop to get GZ scared. I've been seeing this in him for quite awhile. He's like the Reggie Miller of kickers.

All kickers are fragile mentally, but GZ is a little more so IMO.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If we got rid of everyone who had a bad day, we'd have no team left.

And yes, it has been more than one bad day... but GZ is far from Sebastian Janikowski levels of inconsistency.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If we got rid of everyone who had a bad day, we'd have no team left.

And yes, it has been more than one bad day... but GZ is far from Sebastian Janikowski levels of inconsistency.
True. Good thing we didn't send Ogletree packing after that 49ers game.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Jesus, one bad game and we gotta replace the guy? Remember when he went 5/5 vs Denver? Did you wanna replace him then too?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jesus, one bad game and we gotta replace the guy? Remember when he went 5/5 vs Denver? Did you wanna replace him then too?
Come on, no one said anything about replacing him. The only overreaction in here is your post.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Come on, no one said anything about replacing him. The only overreaction in here is your post.
The only reason to bring other guys in is to potentially replace him, so no overreaction on L4's part.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Gimme a break! Bradford's had some stinkers. Everyone does. Cut GZ some slack.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not saying replace him, but you can't miss easy kicks. I understand people have a love fest for this guy, but he has issues kicking outside. Need to send him a message, he has not had a good year and has missed some kicks this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not a popular opinion but yeah, you're right. Even just as a prop to get GZ scared. I've been seeing this in him for quite awhile. He's like the Reggie Miller of kickers.

All kickers are fragile mentally, but GZ is a little more so IMO.
Agree completely. Bring in some competition, at the least in the off-season. Might help him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The only reason to bring other guys in is to potentially replace him, so no overreaction on L4's part.
Thats not true. Competition is a viable way to push guys without actually replacing them.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Pretty much this. The only kicker I would take over GZ is Goskowski(SP?) from NE. But if I could have one kicker to win a game on a 60 yarder, I would take the Leg everyday and twice on Sunday.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm sure they'll have competition for him (again) during camp. Until then, what's the point of complaining about him now?

Oh, and btw....

TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Thats not true. Competition is a viable way to push guys without actually replacing them.
It's either a bluff (which makes the coach look silly eventually) or definitely *potential* replacement at least. So yeah, way too early to talk about even potentially replacing Zuerlein. Teams would be in a mad scramble to get him if we did that.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure they'll have competition for him (again) during camp. Until then, what's the point of complaining about him now?

Oh, and btw....

TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!

Sorry can't miss easy kicks...I like kickers, when they make them no matter who they are and Go Raiders!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry can't miss easy kicks...I like kickers, when they make them no matter who they are and Go Raiders!
Actually, you can miss easy kicks. We see it happen quite often. Let's just see how the rest of the season shakes out before we call it quits with the guy. He might have more games like the Denver game than this one, and my money is on that.