Thoughts on Treadwell?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect that Treadwell has become the flavor of the month WR.

What I mean is that he's benefitting from name recognition as uttered by pundit after pundit.

Myself, I want a WR that can get consistant separation and that has good to very good hands.

Height and straight line speed come in a distant third and fourth, iow.

Don't get me wrong, I like Treadwell just fine. But if you asked me if he would be the best WR for the Rams, ummmmm... I dunno.

BTW, Treadwell was ranked third by PFF today, behind Coleman and Doctson. I know. It's PFF. But still...

That doesn't make sense. Treadwell has been the top rated WR all year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's gonna come down to his 40 time. If he runs below 4.6 he'll be the top WR off the board no doubt. If he runs low 4.6s he'll still probably be the first off the board, but some teams might opt for Coleman.

IMO he's the best WR in this class though and the lowest I see him going is to the Bears. I think they take him if he's there.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think Josh Doctson is the best Wide receiver in this draft.... Colman is explosive and fast...too many drops and Treadwell just doesn't get enough separation against man coverage.....although he ( Treadwell) does work the windows in zone really well. But in a league where the corners are all bigger and faster than his most recent opponents. ...it does not bode well...
Doctson on the other hand had the same speed questions but he has already answered them.....is an explosive jumper with fantastic hands....although his route tree is a bit limited. ...the routes his he did run were precise. ... and with constant separation. ......and lastly lol if he does fall to Chicago. ....there is no way they pick Treadwell. ......not with the money they just spent on Jeffery and the high pick they spent on White last year.....just my opinions. ... ;)

Go Rams....... ;)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That doesn't make sense. Treadwell has been the top rated WR all year.

Kinda depends on what Fisher and Boras are looking for in their O, jrry32, don't you think?

The old "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing?

If one places greater emphasis on separation skills, quickness, and great speed, then Treadwell is not one's first WR choice in this draft.

Don't misunderstand, we all agree that Treadwell is a very nice WR. But we all don't necessarily agree that he would be our first Ram WR picked.

As to the "top rated all year" comment?

Wasn't that long ago that Goff was everyone's #1 QB. But now... Many, if not most, have dropped him to #2.

The very nature of pre draft evals is that things are very fluid.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Best WR in the class.
He will be gone by #15, taken by one of those crazy teams that actually value skill players. Doctson will go later in the 1st .

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best WR in the class.
He will be gone by #15, taken by one of those crazy teams that actually value skill players. Doctson will go later in the 1st .

I think so too. And if the QBs are gone and we can't trade down? Shaq Lawson will be a Ram, and ROD will implode.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kinda depends on what Fisher and Boras are looking for in their O, jrry32, don't you think?

The old "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing?

If one places greater emphasis on separation skills, quickness, and great speed, then Treadwell is not one's first WR choice in this draft.

Don't misunderstand, we all agree that Treadwell is a very nice WR. But we all don't necessarily agree that he would be our first Ram WR picked.

As to the "top rated all year" comment?

Wasn't that long ago that Goff was everyone's #1 QB. But now... Many, if not most, have dropped him to #2.

The very nature of pre draft evals is that things are very fluid.

But you called him the flavor of the month. He's been the top rated WR pretty much all season.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
But you called him the flavor of the month. He's been the top rated WR pretty much all season.

You're right. Jrry32.

I did say that, and I phrased it very poorly. Good catch, man.

What I MEANT to say was that I think Treadwell is maybe benefitting from having his name repeated so frequently that it might be a name recognition thing by some lesser informed fans. A "herd mentality" thing, if you will.

Don't mean to split hairs with you on this. Treadwell is a real fine WR. Just not my personal favorite in this draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right. Jrry32.

I did say that, and I phrased it very poorly. Good catch, man.

What I MEANT to say was that I think Treadwell is maybe benefitting from having his name repeated so frequently that it might be a name recognition thing by some lesser informed fans. A "herd mentality" thing, if you will.

Don't mean to split hairs with you on this. Treadwell is a real fine WR. Just not my personal favorite in this draft.

Understandable. He's my top guy but there certainly is a herd mentality with draft opinions.