Thoughts on Treadwell?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What do you guys make of Treadwell at 15?
Will he be there? Do we/should we draft him if he's available?
What other pass recievers are available in this draft and who would you target?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
For me Laquon Treadwell has been trending downward for a while now. I not in favor at the moment to consider laquon @ #15. There are issues here. As his game goes under the much better microscopes. However there is a ton still to like here. So I am waiting on the Ole Miss' pro day is scheduled for March 28. see if he can run a low 4.5's my ears could cause this downward trend to climb.

Big big date due to his election not run at the NFL Combine due to switching agents and training camps. I saw this somewhere:
"There will be around a month remaining in the process for NFL teams after the Rebels' workout. It has been reported that Treadwell's camp would be content with a forty time in the 4.5s, but the other workout numbers should hold equal importance".

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
For me, if we strikeout in trading up for Wentz or if we acquire an adequate option at qb, then he would be my choice at 15.

People get hung up on his speed or maybe his seperarion ability, but he oozes potential and we would have our #1 option. He will grow and develop.

I follow him on social media and he seems to be a humble, hardworking kid who keeps himself out of trouble.

Sign me up as option b!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't think he lasts til 15. I think Coleman, Hunter, and Doctson may still be there early in Round 2.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Treadwell a bunch but I also like Doctson. It is a real toss up of whether or not he will be there right now.

As to who do any of us prefer? That is tough to say since we really don't know exactly what the passing game is going to be like. However if Treadwell is another Alshon Jeffrey like some suggest, well then he would probably be a good fit no matter where he is.

I still like Doctson a lot and would take him at 15.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What do you guys make of Treadwell at 15?
Will he be there? Do we/should we draft him if he's available?
What other pass recievers are available in this draft and who would you target?
I think I'd prefer taking someone like Josh Doctson, Compare them! Doctson tore-it-up at the combine:
* 41.0 In the Vert.
* 10Ft 11 inch Broad jump.
* 4.08 in the Shuttle.
* 6.84 in the cone drill.
and, for Fisher/Snead:
* a 133.9 SPARQ Score!
We have to wait for Treadwell's "Pro-Day" to see what he can do!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm good with Treadwell or Doctson at 15, as long as Lynch isn't there and they've at least tried to get a good move up. They're the backup plan there IMO and if that's the route they take then they really got to do their homework and find that one or two guys who will come through out of those options in the second and third tiers.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
If you look around the draft section you can see I am big Doctson guy he has great tape, great measurables, and according to WR metrics succeeds running various routes against zone or man.

However, If the Rams take a WR in the first round I believe it will be Treadwell because he fits the Rams profile in so many ways. Every year of the Snisher Regime the Rams have drafted a player from the SEC in the first round (Brockers, Tree, Robinson, Gurley). Snead and our director of Player personnel Taylor Morton are big SEC guys and they love taking guys who dominated in the SEC. They will fall in love with Treadwell's size, physicality, and the level of competition he played against. Fish will like him because him because he's got some Kenny Britt to him (on the field). Britt being one of the few instances fisher took a WR in round one

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you look around the draft section you can see I am big Doctson guy he has great tape, great measurables, and according to WR metrics succeeds running various routes against zone or man.

However, If the Rams take a WR in the first round I believe it will be Treadwell because he fits the Rams profile in so many ways. Every year of the Snisher Regime the Rams have drafted a player from the SEC in the first round (Brockers, Tree, Robinson, Gurley). Snead and our director of Player personnel Taylor Morton are big SEC guys and they love taking guys who dominated in the SEC. They will fall in love with Treadwell's size, physicality, and the level of competition he played against. Fish will like him because him because he's got some Kenny Britt to him (on the field). Britt being one of the few instances fisher took a WR in round one

Yeah I'm in agreement that the Rams will go Treadwell over Doctson if they're both on the board. It's a fit thing. Treadwell not only fits a power offense better in the run game, but he also fits the NFC West and its nasty defenses. He'd settle in pretty fast with his physical nature, would give the Rams a guy who can consistently run slants and actually catch the ball without "hearing footsteps." Also, he is quite nasty in short passes due to his ability to run after catch. Rams would finally have a physical receiver.

Doctson fits too of course. But he's gonna get manhandled a bit at the LOS as he breaks in to the league. LT is definitely more of the type of WR Fish and the Rams want to add to this corps.

What will be really interesting is if they sit at 15 and both Treadwell and Lynch are there. I think the Rams would go with Treadwell there, but it's hard to say.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What will be really interesting is if they sit at 15 and both Treadwell and Lynch are there. I think the Rams would go with Treadwell there, but it's hard to say.
I certainly hope so. BPA in that situation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love Treadwell, but at the same time would be disappointed that we didn't draft a QB in round 1.
But on topic I vastly prefer Treadwell to Doctson if both available at 15

WestCoastRam

Legend
We're probably gonna have our choice between Lynch, Treadwell, and a superior defensive prospect at 15. Ugh. Wish we had a QB and a WR.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Treadwell is underrated because of his combine. Now people are pushing him down because of it. Anyone who has watched him knows he wasnt gonna be an elite athlete and test off the charts. Hes like a 4.5 to 4.6 speed guy. But he makes up for his lack of athleticsm with elite ball skills, hands, body control, he high points the ball really well too. Hes also a willing/good blocker which fits with this teams power running game. He reminds me so much of Deandre Hopkins. Id love to have a Deandre Hopkins on the Rams haha.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll be surprised if Treadwell makes it to 15. If he does, and we're not trading up for a QB, he's my favourite choice. He's going to be very good, despite iffy combine numbers.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Hes like a 4.5 to 4.6 speed guy.

I like him a lot also.....but I think he looks like a 4.6 to 4.7 guy .....I hope I'm wrong..... I actually like Doctson little bit better....but if I'm wrong and he runs better than I think....I would be fine with either....... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63.

Isaac Bruce 4.53.

Speed is great.

Routes, speed, cutting ability in pads better.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Treadwell has hands and body positioning so far, not very good explosion to seperation. He at best a Jarvis Landry/Anquan type. Things will only be tougher at Nfl level. Doctson like a cross between Allen Robinson and DeVante Parker. Same story, potential vs college production. 2 yrs ago they downgraded A. Robinson, go back and look at his vert 41.5....similar to Doctson.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63.

Isaac Bruce 4.53.

Speed is great.

Routes, speed, cutting ability in pads better.

I agree that speed is not the most important factor......here is my question...... Does it affect where you are taken in draft? At 15 overall do you take a WR that runs a 4.65 or 4.70? Not saying he will run that slow...but if he does......do you factor in Routes, cutting ability in pads....and such and take him anyway? I wouldn't at 15 maybe in the 2nd round....but that's just me......;)

Go Rams........... ;)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I suspect that Treadwell has become the flavor of the month WR.

What I mean is that he's benefitting from name recognition as uttered by pundit after pundit.

Myself, I want a WR that can get consistant separation and that has good to very good hands.

Height and straight line speed come in a distant third and fourth, iow.

Don't get me wrong, I like Treadwell just fine. But if you asked me if he would be the best WR for the Rams, ummmmm... I dunno.

BTW, Treadwell was ranked third by PFF today, behind Coleman and Doctson. I know. It's PFF. But still...