This season's Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

This season's Quinn

• Brockers

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Austin

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Ogletree

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • Jenkins

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Johnson

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Was thinking how Quinn went from outside the top 100 to the "14th" best player in the NFL was wondering if we think we have any more Quinns on the roster, someone who can go from nowhere nationally to a top 50 ranking.

I Limited the options to only 2nd or 3rd year players (also went with Tru over McDonald, due to seniority I like them both), if you want to write in an older player go ahead, but please no rookies.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I voted Other. Going to go with T.J. McDonald. Big athletic guy, has the size, speed and fluidity to cover big tight ends and the physicality to come down in run support. He's going to play the Roman Harper, Bernard Pollard, Sean Taylor role that Gregg Williams has had these huge athletic safeties doing at Pro Bowl levels for years. Come off the edge as a blitzer, roam the middle of the field as an enforcer and extra linebacker, has the ability to even cover some receivers, has the intelligence to play deep. Versatility and raw ability. McD was a first round type talent in a really deep safety class. Williams is going to love this guy and is going to move him around everywhere, doing work.

I don't know about Top 50 ranking, but I can assure you McDonald will be greatly improved and have a huge impact this upcoming season.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think ogletree will have a big big year.
Williams will be very creative using ogletree to get sacks and pressures. He already has a knack for fumbles and tackles. Sounds to me like an effing beast

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm going with Donald. I think he could destroy most any RG on passing downs. His 4.6 speed is just icing on the cake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going with Donald. I think he could destroy most any RG on passing downs. His 4.6 speed is just icing on the cake.

Was thinking how Quinn went from outside the top 100 to the "14th" best player in the NFL was wondering if we think we have any more Quinns on the roster, someone who can go from nowhere nationally to a top 50 ranking.

I Limited the options to only 2nd or 3rd year players (also went with Tru over McDonald, due to seniority I like them both), if you want to write in an older player go ahead, but please no rookies.

:mad::whistle::D

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I voted Other. Going to go with T.J. McDonald. Big athletic guy, has the size, speed and fluidity to cover big tight ends and the physicality to come down in run support. He's going to play the Roman Harper, Bernard Pollard, Sean Taylor role that Gregg Williams has had these huge athletic safeties doing at Pro Bowl levels for years. Come off the edge as a blitzer, roam the middle of the field as an enforcer and extra linebacker, has the ability to even cover some receivers, has the intelligence to play deep. Versatility and raw ability. McD was a first round type talent in a really deep safety class. Williams is going to love this guy and is going to move him around everywhere, doing work.

I don't know about Top 50 ranking, but I can assure you McDonald will be greatly improved and have a huge impact this upcoming season.

DYVKX, very good summation. I'll use your quote for my response if that is OK with you?

SierraRam

Recreational User
I voted "other". I expect Tree, McDonald, Brockers, Tru and JJ to be better with GW on board. Our defense is gonna be sooo fun to watch.

This year's Quinn? A guy who's faced constant scrutiny and received little support. He now has the look and weapons to have his best season:

Sam is going to the Pro Bowl. Bookmark it!

images

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The words "freak" and "Ogletree" will be mentioned in the same sentence a bunch after this year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh and I voted for Ogletree, I think all 5 can have "good years" but Alec is the only one with top player at his position potential imo.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
DYVKX, very good summation. I'll use your quote for my response if that is OK with you?
Not a problem.

Re: This season's Quinn, I think Ogletree and Janoris have a really good chance to make that jump as well. I just think Williams does amazing things with his safeties.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fiiiine... no rookies.

Tavon Austin, our running game will give him a lot more space to work with. Plus we have two QB's better than Clemens to get him the ball.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are a lot of possibilities for this one, really. Which is what has me so excited for this season.

One guy I think is flying under the radar a bit is Chris Long. He may see a spike in his sacks with this defense, and he already plays a great all-around DE with contain and vs the run. There are going to be a lot of nice matchups for him where teams won't be comfortable helping on his side.

And then of course Brockers. He's had his adjustment time, and will have a ridiculous amount of talent around him on that line. He could become a real monster next to Donald.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it will be Ogletree, because it rhymes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm Picking Chris Long! Why? Because a) I want him to ( and the Lord knows I always get what I want!) and b) I believe he has been Train especially hard this off season, because he knows he had an Off Season last year and wants to prove something! JM gut talking to me again! ( or maybe that's the Chili I had for Breakfast and Lunch! )

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I voted Ogletree, but I almost voted "other" for Alex Carrington. Carrington could be that sleeper that just explodes onto the sack scene this year. Donald will come on strong later in the season after some "seasoning" in real NFL games.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I remember a quote from one of the previous Rams boards, can't remember which one. "14-2 with Ray Agnew". They ended up 13-3. Carrington could end up as our Ray Agnew.