This is fun…ESPN QB rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm not talking about Stafford vs Warner, I'm talking about Stafford vs Stafford. He's left more plays on the field these last two weeks due to a poor decision or poor ball placement compared his first three weeks.

I still think he'll be fine overall, which is why I'm not worried about him longterm, but I'd be more encouraged if I didn't see some of the same mistakes that held us back the previous few years. Stafford will settle and and improve, I trust it, but mistakes like that can be the difference between a playoff appearance and a Lombardi.

Besides, it's a lot easier to play big time passing QB in 2021 than it was in 1999.

Again he passed for over 350 yards with a fucked up index finger. I'm fine w how he's playing

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Only game I got a problem with was the cards game and the whole team totally let down after the first 3 weeks and the huge hype to the TB game. Give it some time. Lets see where he ends up. trending down. what a crock of shit. all seasons have ups and downs.

Ellard80

Legend
its too early to give a shit.. a lot of guys have good numbers right now.. but it wont last.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Again he passed for over 350 yards with a fucked up index finger. I'm fine w how he's playing

Again, I'm comparing his last two weeks to his first two weeks as an understanding to why he's dropped in their rankings recently. Do you even understand what you're arguing against?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Again, I'm comparing his last two weeks to his first two weeks as an understanding to why he's dropped in their rankings recently. Do you even understand what you're arguing against?

You using the terminology "trending in the wrong direction". I'm saying if you expect our QB to throw for 5 TDs and 380 yards passing every game then you have unrealistic standards. He's still playing at a very high level which his numbers still reflect. But what do I know lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford has played well given that he is in a new offense. Cards' defense is better in coverage too than they're given cred for. Going forward he's got some easy games mixed in where he should pad his stats and I am confident he'll be a top 5 guy or damn close to it by the end of the season. He's basically right there now and has not played his best ball yet in this offense.

Really the key not only with 9 but the entire team is growing as we go forward. This is a really talented roster and they haven't played up to their ability as a full team outside of maybe that Tampa game. But I see no reason for hand wringing with Stafford, the guy isn't Aaron Rodgers but he's gonna make this offense extremely tough to defend. We just need that defense to come around. Once that happens I think McVay will be more willing to use what looks like a damn good run game and we'll be nicely balanced for the playoffs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides, it's a lot easier to play big time passing QB in 2021 than it was in 1999.

it's ridiculous to think what the gsot could do now with all these rules favouring the offense. kurt would easily be throwing 5 tds a game than take the 4th qtr off.

bluecoconuts

Legend
You using the terminology "trending in the wrong direction". I'm saying if you expect our QB to throw for 5 TDs and 380 yards passing every game then you have unrealistic standards. He's still playing at a very high level which his numbers still reflect. But what do I know lol

I'll be honest, this really shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp, I shouldn't have to break things down for you, but since you seem to be having a lot of trouble with understanding things I'll do just that.

The very first post in this thread is looking at QB rankings as ranked by ESPN.

Stafford is ranked 9th. Last week he was ranked 8th. There's a little red arrow pointing down next to his name under the "trend" section. That's trending down, just so we're clear.

By the end of week 3, Stafford was ranked pretty high, higher than 8 and certainly 9. The last two weeks he hasn't played as well as he played in weeks 1-3. Even if he played pretty decently against the Hawks, it wasn't as good of a performance as he had weeks 1-3. That's why he's ranked 9th currently by ESPN, which is what this thread is discussing until it got quickly derailed to talk about who we would build a team around.

I said that while I am not worried about Stafford, I can understand why the 8 QBs ahead of him in their rankings are there, although I'm not really sure about Prescott, and honestly I think Jackson rose way too much, but whatever. Stafford is trending in the wrong direction by their chart, because the last two weeks he has gone down in their ranking. I don't know about you, but I generally think that when a player drops in the rankings that's going in the wrong direction, I would prefer they go up.

You can save the straw-man arguments as well, I'm not expecting him to go out there and throw for 5 TD's and almost 400 yards every game, I never said anything remotely to that. I said the past two weeks he has missed some throws, and left plays on the field, which is just an objective fact if you watched the games. That is why he's dropped in their QB rankings and at this point, it's hard to argue against their logic because those things have happened, he played better in weeks 1-3 than he did weeks 4 and 5. That doesn't mean he's played like absolute shit and is the worst QB in the league or anything stupid like that, it just means that he played really well in the first three weeks and not as well in the last two weeks. That should not be a difficult concept to grasp, it says nothing about how he'll play on Sunday or in the future. It's about the past two weeks and his level of play compared to the first three weeks.

If you can't understand that then for the love of god just don't reply because I really don't know how to make it more simple.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'll be honest, this really shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp, I shouldn't have to break things down for you, but since you seem to be having a lot of trouble with understanding things I'll do just that.

The very first post in this thread is looking at QB rankings as ranked by ESPN.

Stafford is ranked 9th. Last week he was ranked 8th. There's a little red arrow pointing down next to his name under the "trend" section. That's trending down, just so we're clear.

By the end of week 3, Stafford was ranked pretty high, higher than 8 and certainly 9. The last two weeks he hasn't played as well as he played in weeks 1-3. Even if he played pretty decently against the Hawks, it wasn't as good of a performance as he had weeks 1-3. That's why he's ranked 9th currently by ESPN, which is what this thread is discussing until it got quickly derailed to talk about who we would build a team around.

I said that while I am not worried about Stafford, I can understand why the 8 QBs ahead of him in their rankings are there, although I'm not really sure about Prescott, and honestly I think Jackson rose way too much, but whatever. Stafford is trending in the wrong direction by their chart, because the last two weeks he has gone down in their ranking. I don't know about you, but I generally think that when a player drops in the rankings that's going in the wrong direction, I would prefer they go up.

You can save the straw-man arguments as well, I'm not expecting him to go out there and throw for 5 TD's and almost 400 yards every game, I never said anything remotely to that. I said the past two weeks he has missed some throws, and left plays on the field, which is just an objective fact if you watched the games. That is why he's dropped in their QB rankings and at this point, it's hard to argue against their logic because those things have happened, he played better in weeks 1-3 than he did weeks 4 and 5. That doesn't mean he's played like absolute shit and is the worst QB in the league or anything stupid like that, it just means that he played really well in the first three weeks and not as well in the last two weeks. That should not be a difficult concept to grasp, it says nothing about how he'll play on Sunday or in the future. It's about the past two weeks and his level of play compared to the first three weeks.

If you can't understand that then for the love of god just don't reply because I really don't know how to make it more simple.

He also missed a bunch of throws in the first half of the Bucks game too. so there's that