This is fun…ESPN QB rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
1634183383714.png

the media darlings are at the top.

ESPN’s stat, QBR has Mahomes and Stafford, 75 and 74.8, yet Stafford is 9th.
:laugh4:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Matthew Stafford has officially gotten his horns and became a Ram. Just being overlooked because the Rams still are not one of those media darling teams as you said.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are only three QB's that I would trade for Matthew Stafford that were listed before him. Two are really good and young. Then there is the Mahommie who is both younger and freakishly gifted. The rest are as old or older than Stafford or they are the freakin Dak Prescott's of the World.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are only three QB's that I would trade for Matthew Stafford that were listed before him. Two are really good and young. Then there is the Mahommie who is both younger and freakishly gifted. The rest are as old or older than Stafford or they are the freakin Dak Prescott's of the World.....

Based on age, physical make-up, and overall proven game skills…

Mahomes
Herbert
Allen

That feels like the Super Premium QB’s of the league right now.

All others have some “holes in their game” such as passing or running skills, phsicality, or age. All subjective on my part. But those 3 stand out to me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on age, physical make-up, and overall proven game skills…

Mahomes
Herbert
Allen

That feels like the Super Premium QB’s of the league right now.

All others have some “holes in their game” such as passing or running skills, phsicality, or age. All subjective on my part. But those 3 stand out to me.
Those were the three that I was going to mention. CGI's reading minds now.... Hide his DMT!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s current Qb rankings not who would you build a team around. Looking at this list as a rest of the year list you can’t discount for age or anticipate age related deterioration. I probably wouldn’t trade Stafford for Brady either because I’m expecting Brady to retire any moment and Stafford to have more good years left but that’s not considered in these rankings. But one more playoff run?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s current Qb rankings not who would you build a team around. Looking at this list as a rest of the year list you can’t discount for age or anticipate age related deterioration
I know. I was just making a statement about the value to me and to hell with QBR.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I would genuinely struggle if I was starting a team from scratch and could pick any one player to build around. Mahomes and Herbert are both right there for me.

Herbert is the best player as early in his career that I can recall watching (appreciate limited sample size!). If he continues to improve and stays healthy he is going to be a very, very special talent.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't really have an issue with most of these other than maybe Prescott.

Brady and Rodgers I would be iffy on a one for one swap just due to age. Stafford is up there as well, but if they all decided to retire at the same age (so basically whenever Brady goes) that's more time with Stafford before needing to look for a replacement.

Jackson and Murray my only worry would be longevity with their health, but it's hard to argue with the results that we're seeing from Murray. Jackson I feel is a little overrated because his running ability is overhyped a little.

Allen, Mahomes, and Herbert I'd swap without a second thought, and honestly I probably like Herbert the most of the bunch funny enough, although Mahomes is easily the most talented and physically gifted. I think Herbert sees the field in a similar way the greats do, him with McVay would probably be 15 years of contention.

Stafford hasn't been as sharp lately, while I'm not worried about the future with him, I can see why he's technically trending in the wrong direction relative to the other QB's above him currently. There's been a number of missed opportunities, missed throws, or even throws that could have been bigger (the Kupp sliding catch should have been a TD honestly). I think he'll be fine long term obviously, but I can't really hate on the chart due to that.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Unless I’m missing it the list isn’t based on the QBRs listed it is just some guy’s list.

There is no one in NFC I’d trade Stafford for. Herbert, Mahomes, Allen sign me up

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless I’m missing it the list isn’t based on the QBRs listed it is skits some guys list.

There is no one in NFC I’d trade Stafford for. Herbert, Mahomes, Allen sign me up
BINGO!

You win an all expense paid journey with pay, aboard the USS Skimmer. Must know how to work a deck grinder and be able to slop haze gray paint on by the gallon...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't really have an issue with most of these other than maybe Prescott.

Brady and Rodgers I would be iffy on a one for one swap just due to age. Stafford is up there as well, but if they all decided to retire at the same age (so basically whenever Brady goes) that's more time with Stafford before needing to look for a replacement.

Jackson and Murray my only worry would be longevity with their health, but it's hard to argue with the results that we're seeing from Murray. Jackson I feel is a little overrated because his running ability is overhyped a little.

Allen, Mahomes, and Herbert I'd swap without a second thought, and honestly I probably like Herbert the most of the bunch funny enough, although Mahomes is easily the most talented and physically gifted. I think Herbert sees the field in a similar way the greats do, him with McVay would probably be 15 years of contention.

Stafford hasn't been as sharp lately, while I'm not worried about the future with him, I can see why he's technically trending in the wrong direction relative to the other QB's above him currently. There's been a number of missed opportunities, missed throws, or even throws that could have been bigger (the Kupp sliding catch should have been a TD honestly). I think he'll be fine long term obviously, but I can't really hate on the chart due to that.

Trending in the wrong direction? The dude dislocated his finger and still threw for 365 yards and beat the hawks at home. Still learning a new offense which takes time. And clearly isn't 100% installed yet. But he's trending in the wrong direction... ?
I think you have to look at all the factors. Up to week 5 he has outplayed Kurt Warner statistically speaking and you want more? I just don't get that..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Trending in the wrong direction? The dude dislocated his finger and still threw for 365 yards and beat the hawks at home. Still learning a new offense which takes time. And clearly isn't 100% installed yet. But he's trending in the wrong direction... ?
I think you have to look at all the factors. Up to week 5 he has outplayed Kurt Warner statistically speaking and you want more? I just don't get that..

Do you think he was better weeks 1-3 or weeks 4 and 5?

Tano

Legend
I would genuinely struggle if I was starting a team from scratch and could pick any one player to build around. Mahomes and Herbert are both right there for me.

Herbert is the best player as early in his career that I can recall watching (appreciate limited sample size!). If he continues to improve and stays healthy he is going to be a very, very special talent.
I would pick Josh Allen before those two

bluecoconuts

Legend
At week 5 this season and Warner's SB season Stafford has better numbers than Warner.

I'm not talking about Stafford vs Warner, I'm talking about Stafford vs Stafford. He's left more plays on the field these last two weeks due to a poor decision or poor ball placement compared his first three weeks.

I still think he'll be fine overall, which is why I'm not worried about him longterm, but I'd be more encouraged if I didn't see some of the same mistakes that held us back the previous few years. Stafford will settle and and improve, I trust it, but mistakes like that can be the difference between a playoff appearance and a Lombardi.

Besides, it's a lot easier to play big time passing QB in 2021 than it was in 1999.