This is def a change from grob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
https://giphy.com/gifs/poQhADYJAQcdG?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_clickhttps://giphy.com/gifs/HvMMpEqqdinxC?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

poQhADYJAQcdG

https://giphy.com/gifs/HvMMpEqqdinxC?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

https://giphy.com/gifs/HAu7LcFaEr5pS?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=tag_click

View: https://twitter.com/NoPlanB_/status/840585331573424128

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure why gif aren't loading however that video lmao

jap

Legend
I hope they find a way to salvage GRob. It's a crying shame to see all that athleticism going to waste. The guy doesn't really get injured either!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I hope they find a way to salvage GRob. It's a crying shame to see all that athleticism going to waste. The guy doesn't really get injured either!

Meh. God given talent goes to waste everyday. I'm not going to waste any energy being concerned about it.

Plus it's hard to get injured when you aren't making contact with the defense. Now obviously that's an exaggeration, but I do think that his lack of ability to get in the way of giant dudes trying to hurt people might be why he doesn't get hurt.

Whitworth looks like a freaking monster. I'm excited to watch him play.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Wow, just think about seeing this freight train coming right at you full speed...Bring down the ball carrier ???Ya I'm trying to save my life...He can really move for his size and age, especially playing in the NFL for so long...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What worries me is if they give up on GRob, he goes somewhere else and turns out to be a stud LT, never misses a game for ten years and makes the Bro Bowl multiple times.

But this is his last year of his contract and he HAS to show or the above is a real possibility. I believe he's going to "get it" but not when he's a Ram.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What worries me is if they give up on GRob, he goes somewhere else and turns out to be a stud LT, never misses a game for ten years and makes the Bro Bowl multiple times.

But this is his last year of his contract and he HAS to show or the above is a real possibility. I believe he's going to "get it" but not when he's a Ram.
Yea but we can't keep waiting resources cause he hasn't proven himself here just cause he may elsewhere

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

I don't think you have to worry about that. Like, at all. Plus, let's say you're right. What if he'll never get better here, but once we release him he becomes great? What are we supposed to do, keep him around so another team won't get a good tackle? If he can't be an effective member of the team here, then he needs to be let go even if that means he actually produces somewhere else. If him being on the roster is hurting the Rams, then he needs to not be on the roster. Eating a roster spot so we don't miss out on possible, maybe, someday, future, theoretically feasible potential isn't a good move for the team.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
We all know the rumors that 4 teams appear to be showing big interest in Buffalo RFA C Ryan Groy. If the Rams are one of these teams please make a strong offer. The 2017 O-Line takes another big step forward by signing a veteran young center with some proven snaps on film.. "Fingers Crossed"

OVERVIEW
Wisconsin native. Redshirted in 2009. Set a school record by playing all 54 games of his career. Played 13 games in 2010, starting two at fullback. Played 14 games in 2011, starting four (three at left guard, one at center). Started all 14 games in 2012 (12 at left guard, two at left tackle). Started all 13 games at left guard in 2013.

STRENGTHS
Terrific size. Very football smart. Plays with awareness. Has enough strength to hold his ground. Can lean and seal when he has an angle. Surprisingly effective pulling and working to the second level. Competes and gives consistent effort. Three-year starter. Respected by teammates and coaches -- solid work ethic and character.

WEAKNESSES
Needs to develop better hip snap. Average initial quickness, athletic ability and pop on contact. Has heavy legs and tends to bend at the waist. Needs to improve punch and grip strength. Struggles adjusting to and fitting on moving targets.

BOTTOM LINE
Big, durable, blue-collar guard who is generally effective despite lacking exceptional physical traits. As a starter, is the type you look to replace, but could be serviceable backup in a slide-protection scheme given his size, intelligence and functional anchor.

Date of birth: September 30, 1990 (age 26)

GRO783374.png

6'5"
HEIGHT

320 LBS.
WEIGHT

33 1/4"
ARM LENGTH

10 3/8"
HANDS
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ryan-groy?id=2543886

Groy was an undrafted free agent who came to the Bills after being signed by the Chicago Bears in 2014 from Wisconsin and also had a short stint with the New England Patriots in 2015. The Bills signed him off the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad on November 25, 2015.

After Wood’s injury, Buffalo’s coaching staff was surprised how well Groy performed in his place. The 6-foot-5, 320-pound guard/center from Wisconsin played the last six games of the Bills season and filled in so well the offensive line hardly missed a beat.

That could be bad news for Wood, whose cap hit for 2017 is 7.58 million dollars. Buffalo would save roughly 3.26 million dollars by cutting him. Though Woods is loved by teammates and fans, Groy’s performance in his place makes him expendable at a time when the Bills are desperate to fill holes and reduce their salary cap burden.
http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/21/if-ryan-groy-re-signs-with-bills-could-eric-wood-become-expendable/

(PFF Scores)

WK 12 vs Jaguars
C Ryan Groy, 82.2

WK 13 vs Raiders
C Ryan Groy, 77.0

WK 14 vs Steelers
C Ryan Groy, 78.9

WK 15 vs Browns
C Ryan Groy N/A (needed at least an 80.0 grade to make their top 5)

WK 16 vs Dolphins
Center: Ryan Groy, 84.6
The Bills shredded the Dolphins on the ground Saturday and Groy played a key role in that. Bills backs had nine carries through the A-gaps, gaining 62 yards at 6.9 yards per attempt.

WK 17 vs Jets
C Ryan Groy, 75.6

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-buf-grades/

19dfde40-c6de-11e6-ad30-9115a7d9bb08_wayne_newday.gif
[/quote]

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Don't worry about that bubbaramfan it's too late. If he plays great we lose him to free agency and if he sucks it was a wasted pick.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
We all know the rumors that 4 teams appear to be showing big interest in Buffalo RFA C Ryan Groy. If the Rams are one of these teams please make a strong offer. The 2017 O-Line takes another big step forward by signing a veteran young center with some proven snaps on film.. "Fingers Crossed"

OVERVIEW
Wisconsin native. Redshirted in 2009. Set a school record by playing all 54 games of his career. Played 13 games in 2010, starting two at fullback. Played 14 games in 2011, starting four (three at left guard, one at center). Started all 14 games in 2012 (12 at left guard, two at left tackle). Started all 13 games at left guard in 2013.

STRENGTHS
Terrific size. Very football smart. Plays with awareness. Has enough strength to hold his ground. Can lean and seal when he has an angle. Surprisingly effective pulling and working to the second level. Competes and gives consistent effort. Three-year starter. Respected by teammates and coaches -- solid work ethic and character.

WEAKNESSES
Needs to develop better hip snap. Average initial quickness, athletic ability and pop on contact. Has heavy legs and tends to bend at the waist. Needs to improve punch and grip strength. Struggles adjusting to and fitting on moving targets.

BOTTOM LINE
Big, durable, blue-collar guard who is generally effective despite lacking exceptional physical traits. As a starter, is the type you look to replace, but could be serviceable backup in a slide-protection scheme given his size, intelligence and functional anchor.

Date of birth: September 30, 1990 (age 26)

GRO783374.png

6'5"
HEIGHT

320 LBS.
WEIGHT

33 1/4"
ARM LENGTH

10 3/8"
HANDS
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ryan-groy?id=2543886

Groy was an undrafted free agent who came to the Bills after being signed by the Chicago Bears in 2014 from Wisconsin and also had a short stint with the New England Patriots in 2015. The Bills signed him off the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad on November 25, 2015.

After Wood’s injury, Buffalo’s coaching staff was surprised how well Groy performed in his place. The 6-foot-5, 320-pound guard/center from Wisconsin played the last six games of the Bills season and filled in so well the offensive line hardly missed a beat.

That could be bad news for Wood, whose cap hit for 2017 is 7.58 million dollars. Buffalo would save roughly 3.26 million dollars by cutting him. Though Woods is loved by teammates and fans, Groy’s performance in his place makes him expendable at a time when the Bills are desperate to fill holes and reduce their salary cap burden.
http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/21/if-ryan-groy-re-signs-with-bills-could-eric-wood-become-expendable/

(PFF Scores)

WK 12 vs Jaguars
C Ryan Groy, 82.2

WK 13 vs Raiders
C Ryan Groy, 77.0

WK 14 vs Steelers
C Ryan Groy, 78.9

WK 15 vs Browns
C Ryan Groy N/A (needed at least an 80.0 grade to make their top 5)

WK 16 vs Dolphins
Center: Ryan Groy, Buffalo Bills, 84.6
The Bills shredded the Dolphins on the ground Saturday and Groy played a key role in that. Bills backs had nine carries through the A-gaps, gaining 62 yards at 6.9 yards per attempt.

WK 17 vs Jets
C Ryan Groy, 75.6

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cle-buf-grades/

19dfde40-c6de-11e6-ad30-9115a7d9bb08_wayne_newday.gif
[/QUOTE]
I really hoping we can pull this off. In my opinion it would be a great signing.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He should be a good guard, afterall that is what he played in college . His feet are too slow to be a tackle the

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I consider him gone regardless. Even if he plays well for us this season do we trust him to continue the ascent with a big payday? I suspect there is more wrong with GRob than his feet.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I consider him gone regardless. Even if he plays well for us this season do we trust him to continue the ascent with a big payday? I suspect there is more wrong with GRob than his feet.

Why would he cost a big payday? Even if he has one good year, teams aren't going to forget about all the shit ones. We could bring him back on a prove it deal. Teams don't go bananas over RT in free agency. Especially one year wonders(if that ends up being the case).

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Why would he cost a big payday? Even if he has one good year, teams aren't going to forget about all the crap ones. We could bring him back on a prove it deal. Teams don't go bananas over RT in free agency. Especially one year wonders(if that ends up being the case).
They will pay big it's FA and almost everybody gets overpaid. I doubt he turns it around though.