This is def a change from grob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
GRob did end up going some place else last off-season besides Paul Boudreau & the Auburn Tigers OL coaches .He went to "O-Line Performance," a training center in Scottsdale, Arizona, run by former NFL player LeCharles Bentley. This highly honored Training Center advertised to be the country's first training center designed solely around the needs of offensive linemen. That includes on-field and footwork drills as well as plenty of weight room work geared toward improving the skills needed to be a successful offensive lineman. I was wondering if this Training Center is still in business after all the headlines with GRob name in it. Due to the results GRob's performance in 2016. But I looked it up & found it still in operation.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lecharles-bentley-training-pat-elflein-kyle-kalis/
Guess we should have known this early in TC & things did not go as expected when GRob came into camp over 340 plus pounds.

GRob has been blessed with a near perfect NFL OT body. His best trait is a trait you will never find in Rodger Saffold. GRob might be unmatched with one of the best health records in all of NFL after 3 seasons. Missing only 1 game due to a big toe issue his rookie season.Thus far Mr.Unbreakable/Iron Man has demonstrated the only thing that can hurt him or keep him from playing is himself. GRob came into 2016 & turned in a poorer negative performance on the field of play. Benched twice late last season & might have remained on the bench if Saffold, Havenstein & Donnal could have remained healthy.

bubbaramfan your right this 2017 season is "Show Time" for his NFL career. The best thing I could wish for right now is for GRob to finally get it & re-calibrate his brain that the Right OT post was designed with him in mind. From all I know IMO the best NFL post for what I have seen from GRob is right OT not an interior post.Many say he is too slow to play OT when your 335 pounds @ the combine & you can run a 4.92 in the 40? That's far from being slow!

I really think he will succeed there more than any other OL post. Kromer loves really long thick large OL'ers....& with GRob Kromer has a monster to meet all his desires & excite him to teach, direct & guide in TC & pre season. GRob was never Boudreau's type from the beginning I think we all reorganized that.Kromer could very well be the magic remedy for GRob's big problems.

GRob for the last 3 seasons has been a very lonely in the just LT meeting sessions. Rams have never had any competition for him since he arrived. Saffold has always been the back to GRob & Saffold was a primary starter elsewhere. Now things are very different for GRob this season. He has other TALENTED OL'ers who have lined up @ RT in NFL games & started & played ......Havenstein, Donnal, Murphy, Williams & Saffold. Show Time is on its way in July.

But let me tell you something -- you can't fix lazy "GRob". There's not a pill you can take. There's not a class you can go to. Lazy is forever.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He has the feet for an elite tackle. It's his head that's getting in the way.

Rob Rang on GRob after his final season at Auburn :

The Player :

Where he needs to improve is in his consistency, as his lack of long-term experience as an offensive lineman will show up in key areas like footwork and hand use.

If he can put it all together, Robinson has the physical gifts to be one of the best at the next level.

STRENGTHS: Remarkable combination of size, power and body control. Owns a prototypical frame for playing offensive line in the NFL, including broad shoulders, long arms, a relatively trim waist, thick bubble and tree trunks for legs.

WEAKNESSES: Only two years of starting experience and played in a relatively simple collegiate system which catered to his strengths, rarely asking him to pass block on an island. Catches edge rushers and rides them wide but must learn to slide his feet more consistently or he will draw penalties for holding when matched against NFL speed.

Can be a bit high off the snap. Can play too low, at times, leaving himself vulnerable to over-arm swim moves.

jap

Legend
Rob Rang on GRob after his final season at Auburn :

The Player :

Where he needs to improve is in his consistency, as his lack of long-term experience as an offensive lineman will show up in key areas like footwork and hand use.

If he can put it all together, Robinson has the physical gifts to be one of the best at the next level.

My statement that he has the feet of an elite LT meant that physically he is capable of executing with his legs as he should. However, his lack of experience, lack of command of fundamental techniques, and his inexperience with anticipating what defenders will do (all mental) is what is holding him back. Here's hoping that exposure to the training of Kromer and studying the performance of Whitworth will go a long way to helping Greg to maximize his own game.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol @ that stiff arm while targeting another defender ahead. Like a charging truck opening the passenger side door to take out a pedestrian. That's a beastmode play right there.
I also like after he hits the 2nd guy he kept going full speed

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why would he cost a big payday? Even if he has one good year, teams aren't going to forget about all the crap ones. We could bring him back on a prove it deal. Teams don't go bananas over RT in free agency. Especially one year wonders(if that ends up being the case).

Teams are desperate for LTs. If he were to win the RT job and play well, teams will roll the dice and throw cash at him in the hope he can slide over.

We are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one lol.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Matt Kalil will be playing left tackle. GRob will be playing on the left. It's way cheaper. Unless I team pays him to play on the left side, it won't cost much.

Someone will pay him to play LT. Like the Seahawks just did with Joeckel, another example. Or Vikings with Reiff.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If we just throw a guy with all G-Robs talent away after 5 years, we haven't learned a thing....

I'll keep saying this, he was far from our worst lineman. In fact, I expect a few more to be cut that people in here keep talking about...

Left tackle is the hardest position on the line.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks for these @Rabid Ram - this is why I was hoping we'd sign him (even for a couple of years) he really is a Man-Beast. His Speed-Size-Strength combo is excellent.

I really do hope that GRob will learn from him and step in when Whitworth hangs up his cleats. I don't want to give up on GRob just yet. I'm hoping a change of coaching style will suit him better.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If we just throw a guy with all G-Robs talent away after 5 years, we haven't learned a thing....

I'll keep saying this, he was far from our worst lineman. In fact, I expect a few more to be cut that people in here keep talking about...

Left tackle is the hardest position on the line.
Lemme guess.....Donnal and Wichmann. What did I win?