Think I'm the only one who didn't like the Donald pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I honestly only see the Rams defense more dominating under Gregg Williams this year no matter what personnel we have. Adding key pieces to the foundation like Robinson and Donald is just simply fanfreakintastic!!

Do I want to see a CB and S drafted = hell yes, but if we don't see one until the 4th or 5th round I can believe that Gregg Williams and our now incredible front 7 can make our DBs look so much better.

With Walton's 10 yard bubble policy it's hard to imagine why that wouldn't be the case

I really hope that's the case, if we can get down to 60.5% completion, 7.4 yards per attempt (King's last season), with our run D and pass rushers we're going to be elite.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Who is going to start scoring TDs? They must be expecting lots of forced fumbles and interceptions from the most explosive DL in the NFL.

Having a nasty DL is nice but the Rams were first in the NFL in sacks last year and still 15th in the league in D. The real deficincies were in the secondary at corner and safety where multiple options were open. Maybe even LB with a talent like Mosley! But holy crap we get another DL. And he's an undersized three technique. Cmon man.
This can be approached several ways. You don't agree with what they did. OK. But a real key to beating teams like Seattle and SF is by beating them up front. Both teams rely on the running game and not as much on their QB. But when we have gotten pressure on their QB in the past, they have been ultimately beatable. Add to that a new ability to emphasize the run on our side and we move the chains while tiring their D out. BTW, Seattle lost a fair amount of depth on their D.

We still have 10 picks left. I don't think any one of us honestly knows how any of the draft picks available stack up against what we already have. I personally think this regime has done pretty well rebuilding this team and rather than lament that they didn't take the player or trade for the player I wanted, I'm going to stay open and look at what is possible with what they are doing and also with the switch from noob DC to Greg Williams.

What I see as a likelihood this season is a very stout running game that sets up the play-action better than we have had the talent to do in years, and a defense that gets after the QB while being very stout up the gut and fast on the edges. It will be interesting to see the remaining picks.

Let's just not get too big on our own opinions to where we are acting like the regime effed up by not doing what any one of us thought they should. IMO it gets tiring to read.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I really hope that's the case, if we can get down to 60.5% completion, 7.4 yards per attempt (King's last season), with our run D and pass rushers we're going to be elite.
Hell ya! I'm soo damn excited for TC and Rookie mini camps already and all our summer and spring activities! I really think this will be our year to begin to shift the balances within our divison. The dividends are going to start paying off with our defense taking the lead and dominating, Scoring, and giving our offense more oppurtunites to score or putting us in better field position.

Hell ya! I'm soo damn excited for TC and Rookie mini camps already and all our summer and spring activities! I really think this will be our year to begin to shift the balances within our divison. The dividends are going to start paying off with our defense taking the lead and dominating, Scoring, and giving our offense more oppurtunites to score or putting us in better field position.

Just give me a receiver and I'll be laying money on us reaching the playoffs.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Just give me a receiver and I'll be laying money on us reaching the playoffs.
Amen to that! God I'm praying to Quick 'clicking' this year but the logical side of me doesn't see it. Maybe Britt can have a break out year... so far from voluntary work outs etc. reports have been pretty good on him.

ausmurp

Starter
We can easily still land a starter or 2. I was down on the pick too but it's grown on me. It truly was a great pick. Even with Dennard there...

MizzOU

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you guys think of moving Johnson to safety? I guess if they were gonna do it they would've already.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What do you guys think of moving Johnson to safety? I guess if they were gonna do it they would've already.
I wouldn't put it totally past them. Keep in mind that we have a new DC too. All bets are off but I would be a little less surprised if they instead had him play situationally at Safety maybe.