Things that should be on Fisher's "to do" list this week...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
It was in fact quite the oppisite. Savard implied that Fisher would still be comfortable giving Pead the ball and Fisher responded with, "If Pead puts the ball on the ground again it won't be his fault it will be my fault for letting him carry the ball again."

It caught Savard and Farr off-guard and they both seemed surprised for fisher to have been so blunt about a player like that.

Roughly the 35:50 minute mark here:

View: https://soundcloud.com/101sports/the-jeff-fisher-show-7

What am I missing here? Fisher said he'd go back to him it's just that if Pead fumbles again, it's Fisher's fault.

Savard: You won't have any problem going back to him, will you?

Fisher: No. No, I'll go back to him but if he puts the ball on the ground again, it's my fault.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What am I missing here? Fisher said he'd go back to him it's just that if Pead fumbles again, it's Fisher's fault.
It was a failed pun on Fisher's part.
He should have just said, "Hell no I won't go back to him in that situation."

V3

Hall of Fame
It was a failed pun on Fisher's part.
He should have just said, "Hell no I won't go back to him in that situation."
I'm not hearing a pun. Maybe my radar is off since I didn't sleep much at all last night. Why would he say he'd go back to him?

bskrilla

Starter

Savard: You won't have any problem going back to him, will you?

Fisher: No. No, I'll go back to him but if he puts the ball on the ground again, it's my fault.

I don't know. Right after that Demarco or Savard says something about "coach speak". To me it sounded like he was saying "yah sure I'll SAY I'll go back to him, but dude's not actually getting anymore carries"

The "if he puts the ball on the ground again it's not his fault it's mine because I put him back on the field" seems to me like he's pretty explicitly saying "He's not going to be running the ball again anytime soon."

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It was in fact quite the oppisite. Savard implied that Fisher would still be comfortable giving Pead the ball and Fisher responded with, "If Pead puts the ball on the ground again it won't be his fault it will be my fault for letting him carry the ball again."

It caught Savard and Farr off-guard and they both seemed surprised for fisher to have been so blunt about a player like that.

You conveniently omitted the first part of that quote. Fisher's response started with him saying he would have NO reservations about putting him back in there, then added the part you referred to.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not hearing a pun. Maybe my radar is off since I didn't sleep much at all last night. Why would he say he'd go back to him?
I took it like, he better not fuck up again...But he is going to get some carries..very infrequent with the return of some rb's.....dude better not drop the rock...Listen to DeMarco, he says something like, "uh oh, coach speak"...Implying, this is his last warning/chance...that's how I took it....

bskrilla

Starter
And yet he carried the ball on their very next play (kick off return). Do you really believe anything Fisher says? :eek:

Fisher seems to be the kind of guy to not change up ST squads during a game unless injury strikes or some player is just like being soooo boneheaded as to be completely benched. Pead came in as their return guy for the game so they kept putting him back there.

I think Fisher was referring specifically to carrying the ball on offense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're not hearing it, because it failed. lol.

Them: Would you go back to him?
Him: Yeah. Well, wait. I mean, I would, but then it would be my fault if he fumbled, because I put him in there, so in reality I wouldn't put him in there, so no, I wouldn't go back to him there.

He was just trying to make a joke, but framed it all wrong.
That's what I'm hearing anyway.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree about bolstering the CB position but, as @Alan said, may be slim pickins.

Pead? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Fisher cut him... and I would be surprised if he didn't. As far as ST for Pead... I just haven't seen anything that just about any other guy could do. Maybe I'm not looking closely enough.

Quick? My only issue is they sounded like he was 100%. Of course, they rarely tell us everything. So, I'll guess he's not ready and figure he'll be back when they say so.

Fairley? One game in... I'm going to reserve any judegment for a while on him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I share Rams43 bewilderment on DT Nick Fairley. The loss of DT/DE Eugene Sims for the next month is sure to get Nick a ton of action now. Sims has always played a lot @ DT. Plus we may see Akeem Ayers get additional play in relief of Quinn.

The current issues @ RB (Reynolds- knee & Pead-poor performance) could just fade away if Mason returns & Gurley works closer to play. Cunningham & Austin could carry the load for one more week without too much of an issue. The bring up of Brown from the PS is a very quick fix if Mason is not ready. So just not too worried about this.

The CB issues is a much bigger issue. Going into this season with only 4 CB's was seriously risky move for Fisher/Williams. They like & played the Big Safety Nickle(BSN) a lot & it is effective. More Barron gets on the field during the game better he plays. Barron is a play-maker up near the LOS, bet we see BSN for the rest of the season. Plus this helps on the overuse on the CB's.

Fact is Fisher/Williams have developed a thick play making talent @ safety with Cody Davis & Mo Alexander sitting on the bench just waiting to get on the the field. Its obvious the Org. have full faith in 2nd yr CB's Joyner & Roberson duo being able to start together once again like last yr if need be. It will give time for CB Trovon Reed to develop.

bskrilla

Starter
You conveniently omitted the first part of that quote. Fisher's response started with him saying he would have NO reservations about putting him back in there, then added the part you referred to.

I heard the no, but it seems to me like that was the "coach speak" part. I'm not saying he definitely won't let Pead run the ball anymore, and I actually hope he DOES at some point (particularly if we're way up in a game or something because I want the kid to succeed).

This just sounds so damning to me, "it would be my fault for putting him back on the field." Like I'm not sure how to read that in a way where it doesn't sound like Fisher is pretty much done with him as a RB. I hope I'm wrong.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Fisher sounds like he is all Pead out at this point!
Or maybe he's just Pead off?

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't know. Right after that Demarco or Savard says something about "coach speak". To me it sounded like he was saying "yah sure I'll SAY I'll go back to him, but dude's not actually getting anymore carries"

The "if he puts the ball on the ground again it's not his fault it's mine because I put him back on the field" seems to me like he's pretty explicitly saying "He's not going to be running the ball again anytime soon."
I interpreted that coach speak to mean, "Pay attention Pead. This is your last chance because if you mess up again, you make the coach look like an idiot". IDK

bskrilla

Starter
I interpreted that coach speak to mean, "Pay attention Pead. This is your last chance because if you mess up again, you make the coach look like an idiot". IDK

Could be. And I hope that's the case. I honestly think Pead might just have some of the worst luck ever. I mean he was actually covering that ball up pretty well after a solid run and the defender just made a great play. I feel for the kid.

V3

Hall of Fame
I took it like, he better not freak up again...But he is going to get some carries..very infrequent with the return of some rb's.....dude better not drop the rock...Listen to DeMarco, he says something like, "uh oh, coach speak"...Implying, this is his last warning/chance...that's how I took it....
That's pretty much how I see it. I definitely think his touches will be limited. Heck, they were pretty limited in the SEA game.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

LOL, I heard him say that last night and I laughed out loud, literally. Pead has been put on notice.

Alan

Legend
bskrilla with this:
Fisher seems to be the kind of guy to not change up ST squads during a game unless injury strikes or some player is just like being soooo boneheaded as to be completely benched. Pead came in as their return guy for the game so they kept putting him back there.

I think Fisher was referring specifically to carrying the ball on offense.
Maybe but I'd think the over under for that possibility would be about 10% and I'd take the under.

No offense but I find your last sentence to be kind of out there. I can't really see how that could be possible. Especially when you consider the fact that you're probably more likely to fumble on a return of any kind due to the difficulty of catching the ball in the first place.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cunningham isn't going to get 30 + touches, Pead will get a few next week. He better just double up on the arms, cause the Skins will be ripping at the ball. Cleveland Gary had to deal with it and over came. Way different situation of course.
Until Mason comes back the Rams are so thin at RB Pead will get a few touches I would think.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cunningham isn't going to get 30 + touches, Pead will get a few next week. He better just double up on the arms, cause the Skins will be ripping at the ball. Cleveland Gary had to deal with it and over came. Way different situation of course.
Until Mason comes back the Rams are so thin at RB Pead will get a few touches I would think.
Wonder if Bradley Marquez could be utilized next week as a RB/WR in the short passing game area. Marquez sure has the look of having some youthful Anquan Boldin in him.

Marquez has earned some additional playing time opportunities after the first week.

bskrilla

Starter
Maybe but I'd think the over under for that possibility would be about 10% and I'd take the under.

No offense but I find your last sentence to be kind of out there. I can't really see how that could be possible. Especially when you consider the fact that you're probably more likely to fumble on a return of any kind due to the difficulty of catching the ball in the first place.

Maybe they think it's a mental thing for Pead as a RB. Maybe they trust him on kick-offs for whatever reason, but are worried that he's in his own head when he lines up in the back-field. It's just the vibe I got from what he said.