Things that should be on Fisher's "to do" list this week...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
In no particular order...

Sign a FA CB that best fits our system. We were down to 2 CB's briefly last Sunday. That's scary. Not to address this is risky, if not borderline reckless.

Release Pead this week. His usefulness is over. How can teammates and coaches trust him any further when the games really count? If Mason can't start, then activate M Brown off PS until Mason is ready.

Get to the bottom of the Quick issue. When, exactly, is he gonna be able to contribute? And are there off field non medical factors preventing his activation? If so, can they be corrected?

While you're at it, find out what the heck is going on with Fairley. He had 22 snaps and yet remained virtually invisible. THAT's worth a $5 million contract? Try to get into his head, or appeal to his pride. His preseason and first game performance is embarrassing you, Snead, and himself. There are lots of players that can take 22 snaps and remain invisible for a helluva lot less than $5 million. Heck, I'LL do it for only $1 million! Lol.

Congrats on the nice win last Sunday. But please take care of these 4 items this week. Especially the first two.

Before they bite you in the butt...

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If Pead plays on Sunday, I'll have my heart in my mouth expecting him to fumble so its difficult to argue with that one.

I thought Roberson did really well when he came in but you're right about the numbers being thin.

The Quick issue doesn't bother me too much. I'd rather they be cautious and the WRs that did play all contributed so there's no need to rush him back.

I didn't realise Fairley had played that many snaps. I only noticed him once and that was only because he reacted more slowly to a snap than I would have.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think Fisher said on his radio show last night that he's going to give Pead the ball again. I'm hoping I heard that wrong since I couldn't rewind live radio.

jap

Legend
I think Fisher said on his radio show last night that he's going to give Pead the ball again. I'm hoping I heard that wrong since I couldn't rewind live radio.

Isaiah is a young RB who has had a limited number of carries in the NFL thus far. RB's of that caste tend to e prone to fumbling until they learn that they have to guard against NFL defenders trying to rip the ball out while they are tackling them. Apparently, many of the members here seemed to forget BamBam was a turnover machine himself until he adjusted to the NFL defensive ball-stealing machinations. SJ, AP, and other RB's also coughed up the ball quite a bit until they adjusted to the NFL's combination tackling/ball striping.

Fisher isn't going to give up as easily as the rest of you because he's played in this league and knows only too well the tendencies of young RB's to become divorced from the rock after defensive collisions. Ball security tends to follow early fumbling, especially when the young RB's learn the NFL defenders will continue after them in earnest until the young RB's prove they can secure the rock.

Even if the Horns hope to unload Isaiah eventually, it would do them well to continue coaching him and allowing him to improve in the meantime. If he learns to secure the rock and becomes more comfortable following blockers and finding defensive seams more quickly, they have a better chance at getting a return if/when time comes to part was with Pead.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I sure hope not I haven't listened to his show yet... I wouldn't even want pead to recover a fumble.. he'll probably fumble the fumble.

IT was ease my mind if they didn't play the off man coverage on 3rd and shorts giving 10yrd cushions. You have to think it's gonna bite use in the but and compromise our pass rush. A good wr doing a double move will kill that coverage for big yardage

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isaiah is a young RB who has had a limited number of carries in the NFL thus far. RB's of that caste tend to e prone to fumbling until they learn that they have to guard against NFL defenders trying to rip the ball out while they are tackling them. Apparently, many of the members here seemed to forget BamBam was a turnover machine himself until he adjusted to the NFL defensive ball-stealing machinations. SJ, AP, and other RB's also coughed up the ball quite a bit until they adjusted to the NFL's combination tackling/ball striping.

Fisher isn't going to give up as easily as the rest of you because he's played in this league and knows only too well the tendencies of young RB's to become divorced from the rock after defensive collisions. Ball security tends to follow early fumbling, especially when the young RB's learn the NFL defenders will continue after them in earnest until the young RB's prove they can secure the rock.

Even if the Horns hope to unload Isaiah eventually, it would do them well to continue coaching him and allowing him to improve in the meantime. If he learns to secure the rock and becomes more comfortable following blockers and finding defensive seams more quickly, they have a better chance at getting a return if/when time comes to part was with Pead.

With all due respect, jap, that is pure spin, man.

Pead has entered his 4th season now.

Honestly, he looks exactly like what he is. A 5th string RB.

And one that is a poor KR with fumblitis, at that.

I just don't see a future for him with this team.

Saaaaay... You aren't his agent, are you? Lol.

Alan

Legend
Rams43 peeking through his fingers:
Release Pead this week. His usefulness is over. How can teammates and coaches trust him any further when the games really count? If Mason can't start, then activate M Brown off PS until Mason is ready.

Get to the bottom of the Quick issue. When, exactly, is he gonna be able to contribute? And are there off field non medical factors preventing his activation? If so, can they be corrected?

While you're at it, find out what the heck is going on with Fairley.
Having two smurfs as part of your starting CB corps is always going to be dangerous and it's too late in the year for effective remedies. Though I agree that we should start looking for appropriate bodies. I've no doubt we're already/always doing that. You can't take a player from another team's PS without putting him on your 53 and it's too early for that IMO. I also doubt there's anything worthwhile out there anyway.

Pead is a valuable member of this team on special teams if nothing else. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field again. I think the reaction to his two whole carries against one of the best Ds in football is a little overblown/premature.

Quick will be ready when he's ready and that isn't up to Fisher, it's up to the medical staff. Why the caution with Gurley and not with Quick?

I don't know what's up with Fairley but again, it's way too early to talk about him not being worth his salary. it is a little concerning though.

jap

Legend
With all due respect, jap, that is pure spin, man.

Pead has entered his 4th season now.

Honestly, he looks exactly like what he is. A 5th string RB.

And one that is a poor KR with fumblitis, at that.

I just don't see a future for him with this team.

Saaaaay... You aren't his agent, are you? Lol.

So he entered his 4th season---big deal! Does that automatically make him an experienced RB with respect to sheer carries? Even AP suffered from fumbling well into his career, at times turning over the ball in critical situations, and only his rush production kept him in a starting role. Besides, it's not really four seasons; it's effectively three seasons with the first two being extremely limited, and the third being postponed due to injury.

No NFL coach will put up with continued fumbling unless an RB's production makes it a worthwhile risk. However, you see most coaches putting up with RB's who has had limited carries . . . until they either adjust to NFL defenders, or the coach gives up on them entirely.

Any veteran NFL fan knows that fairly inexperienced players make mistakes, and coaches suffer through those, chalking them up to growing pains.

Hell, I didn't want Benny at times early on because he was dropping it too much for my taste. However, a RB can early learn to develop their handle through active carries via hostile opposition.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher didn't say that. He said something about NOT playing Pead again. I need to find the quote. It is on this forum somewhere.

Alan

Legend
RAGRam spying for Gargamel:
Who's the 2nd?
Joyner and Gaines. Both of whom have already missed many games due to injuries and will miss many more. Even if they never get injured again.

bskrilla

Starter

It was in fact quite the oppisite. Savard implied that Fisher would still be comfortable giving Pead the ball and Fisher responded with, "If Pead puts the ball on the ground again it won't be his fault it will be my fault for letting him carry the ball again."

It caught Savard and Farr off-guard and they both seemed surprised for fisher to have been so blunt about a player like that.

Roughly the 35:50 minute mark here:

View: https://soundcloud.com/101sports/the-jeff-fisher-show-7

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Apparently, many of the members here seemed to forget BamBam was a turnover machine himself until he adjusted to the NFL defensive ball-stealing machinations. SJ, AP, and other RB's also coughed up the ball quite a bit until they adjusted to the NFL's combination tackling/ball striping.
exactly
Release Pead this week..........what the heck is going on with Fairley.
LOL....fumbling happens....it does....Some of the best suffer from it. I included jap's comment for emphasis. It can be coached out of a player....And yes, he's still a valuable player to OUR team.
Fairley reminds me of Langford, it will take time to adjust to the system. Not sure when, but usually around mid-season.
First game and we already have a to do list? Well, the only area I see that needs to be addressed is the run defense. Which I have been harping on throughout training camp. With our D-Line, we should never allow 100+ yards in any game, unless the opponents have 40+ carries. Never.

Britt is so good for us, stopped to have a "beverage" with some tailgaters!!!!! LOVE this!!!

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
bskrilla with this:
It was in fact quite the oppisite. Savard implied that Fisher would still be comfortable giving Pead the ball and Fisher responded with, "If Pead puts the ball on the ground again it won't be his fault it will be my fault for letting him carry the ball again."
And yet he carried the ball on their very next play (kick off return). Do you really believe anything Fisher says? :eek:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fairley reminds me of Langford, it will take time to adjust to the system. Not sure when, but usually around mid-season.
Yeah. Fairley came in a little light this off-season and they're working on bulking him up by about 10 pounds. Fisher said he'll be used in sub-packages to rush the passer to start, and that will probably be his role throughout the season. I don't think he'll get a real heavy workload with Brockers and Donald healthy. And the defense is different, but it's not completely foreign to him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

It caught Savard and Farr off-guard and they both seemed surprised for fisher to have been so blunt about a player like that.

Roughly the 35:50 minute mark here:
Damn... that sounds harsh. Did Pead just Tweet #yikes?