There's just something about Keenum, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I mean, a hard to put your finger on it "something".

Yeah, he's a limited QB.

And yeah, we all know that he's holding a place for Goff.

But man...

His teammates sure make plays for him, don't they? Quick's career has seemingly been resurrected with Keenum, for example.

It's sure easy to root for a scrappy QB that keeps finding a way to win, that's for sure. Including winning against the likes of the Seahawks and the Cards, mind you.

I've gotta say that he's one HELLUVA placeholder.

And I, for one, intend to enjoy this ride for as long as possible. Lol.

Incidentally, with this D and ST, can you imagine what the Rams could accomplish once the O starts firing on all cylinders?

Hot Damn!

Big Game

Living The Dream
Keep Winning Case!!!

tempAP_16276727787710--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempAP_855631850171--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempAP_797806255791--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp_RT11084--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempAP_16277003949675--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great looking photos @Big Game

Case is killing me....I'd rather win this game with a 2-3 score lead as good as that defense was playing...yet 3 & outs still plague these rams...why? missed throws mixed in with drops...

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Case is killing me....I'd rather win this game with a 2-3 score lead as good as that defense was playing...yet 3 & outs still plague these rams...why? missed throws mixed in with drops...

You're right he was off early on. He missed some easy throws where TA was wide open with room to run. And yes Quick and Kendricks both had a couple drops. However...Case brought his A game in the 2nd half and we won the damn game. Go have a beer and a bud man. You deserve it

RamzFanz

Damnit

It seems like almost every bad throw was to TA. There's something going on there that I can't put my finger on. In contrast, Case did everything else well. Scrambling, hitting his receivers, not turning the ball over, etc.

The 3 and outs are as much the play calling as anything, IMHO. No rushing TA, no misdirection, Gurley up the middle over and over and over. This team has the talent to put up big numbers with Case.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Rams Football is fun to watch.
It's a shame, some are more concerned with getting Goff in the game.
I'm looking forward to the Goff era as well. However. Until that day arrives, I'm enjoying Keenum's mini era.

fearsomefour

Legend
You're right he was off early on. He missed some easy throws where TA was wide open with room to run. And yes Quick and Kendricks both had a couple drops. However...Case brought his A game in the 2nd half and we won the damn game. Go have a beer and a bud man. You deserve it
Quick had one drop, the diving catch attempt. Not an easy catch but that would be scored as a drop.
The 4th down attempt would not be scored as a drop and the defender got his hand on the ball first, that was a defenced pass.

Psycho_X

Legend
He has limited tools physically but he is one scrappy sonabitch and plays his ass off so all the props to him. As long as he keeps finding ways to win it won't matter that Goff is riding the bench until he's ready.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
It seems like almost every bad throw was to TA. There's something going on there that I can't put my finger on. In contrast, Case did everything else well. Scrambling, hitting his receivers, not turning the ball over, etc.

The 3 and outs are as much the play calling as anything, IMHO. No rushing TA, no misdirection, Gurley up the middle over and over and over. This team has the talent to put up big numbers with Case.

Case is short and so is Tavon so without proper angles Case has to throw over the line and drop it in to Tavon. That's tricky on out plays

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case is balling ... I mean striaght up balling he was like some rabid jack Russell out there in the land of Great Danes and I loved every second of it ... But I sincerely hope we don't get involved in a shootout I'm not sure our O is quite ready for that

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It seems like almost every bad throw was to TA. There's something going on there that I can't put my finger on.
Some to Lance....kenny keeps making tough catches too...TA...well the smaller catch radius...his speed...almost like, he hasn't worked with him...

And trust me, the more I see guys like even the Broncos 3rd stringer got in the game..Yes, Paxton...Lynch...got in the game....and did well...it just eats at me...and this guy keeps going 3 & outs...like...is he trying to win the game? Not a single throw to Quick AFTER the TD until the 2nd half...and NO, those weren't drops...tough, makeable catches, yes, but drops?!? c'mon man!

RamzFanz

Damnit
...and this guy keeps going 3 & outs...like...is he trying to win the game?

Did he... did you... what?

If CK didn't look like the guy who wanted to win that game more than any player on the team, I don't know who did.

Case may be conservative in his play making decisions, but that's why he's 6-2 as a starter. He doesn't turn it over and he takes what's there instead of trying to force it. Do you want him to go all Austin Davis on us? If the running game shows up, with this D, CK will be all we need to go to the playoffs. Right now, with the box stacked, the monkey is on his back and he's doing what he needs to do to win. The play calling isn't doing him any favors either.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Rams Football is fun to watch.
It's a shame, some are more concerned with getting Goff in the game.
I'm looking forward to the Goff era as well. However. Until that day arrives, I'm enjoying Keenum's mini era.

Wow great post man. Sums things up perfectly the way things have been on here lately.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Some to Lance....kenny keeps making tough catches too...TA...well the smaller catch radius...his speed...almost like, he hasn't worked with him...

And trust me, the more I see guys like even the Broncos 3rd stringer got in the game..Yes, Paxton...Lynch...got in the game....and did well...it just eats at me...and this guy keeps going 3 & outs...like...is he trying to win the game? Not a single throw to Quick AFTER the TD until the 2nd half...and NO, those weren't drops...tough, makeable catches, yes, but drops?!? c'mon man!

Exactly LA if Keenum makes better throws on those attempts they are easy completions no way in hell are those drops.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
t seems like almost every bad throw was to TA. There's something going on there that I can't put my finger on.
Best I can guess is, ask a pitcher what it's like to throw to a 5'7 batter.
Strike zone is quite a bit smaller.

I imagine that's some of what's going on here too, and I think Quick/Britt will begin to get the lion's share of Keenum's targets (unless instructed otherwise).

That's not a knock on Austin, btw. It's not an insult to say a short man is short.
And to hit a small, moving target that moves that fast? Takes incredible timing and placement.
Maybe that will improve as the season wears on though. Or not. Maybe Goff will be better at that placement.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Did he... did you... what?

If CK didn't look like the guy who wanted to win that game more than any player on the team, I don't know who did.

Case may be conservative in his play making decisions, but that's why he's 6-2 as a starter. He doesn't turn it over and he takes what's there instead of trying to force it. Do you want him to go all Austin Davis on us? If the running game shows up, with this D, CK will be all we need to go to the playoffs. Right now, with the box stacked, the monkey is on his back and he's doing what he needs to do to win. The play calling isn't doing him any favors either.
I agree with all of this ! Keenum is out to prove the world wrong ..he knows he is nowhere as talented as Goff but if he continues to not turn the ball over and just do enough, we can win and that's all I care about . Plenty of time for goff to come along

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope people are aware, or at least acknowledge, that Keenum has only started 19 games in his career thus far.
You don't even wanna know how many coordinators and coaches he's been with either.
Remember what that was like? Anyone?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Debacled

Starter
Keenum does seem to show off some Kyle Boller-esque accuracy at times, mind you without the cannon for an arm. But he plays smart enough (even if he does lock into his first read pretty often) and can move well in and out of the pocket.

That said the team can win with him as long as he continues to keep ball security under control. The offense will never be confused for exciting, at least this year, but can pop from time to time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Case is short and so is Tavon so without proper angles Case has to throw over the line and drop it in to Tavon. That's tricky on out plays
Well .. Fran Tarkinton is "Short" and Drew Breez is "Short" It didn'/ doesn't effect their Ability to Win Games Passing!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice dividend with Case's performance. He'll be a free agent. With that increase in QB contracts last offseason, he will likely get the Rams a 3rd rounder if he continues like this for a while longer.