The way I see it, the Rams owe me this one.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It was January 14, 1990. I was 22. I had been a Rams fan for over a decade at that point. And the team let me down.

Sure, the opponent was a juggernaut 49ers team that had only lost 2 games all season, but one of those defeats was at the hands of our Rams, and they had only managed a 3 point victory in the other match-up. We had a potent offense with Jim Everett, Greg Bell, Henry Ellard and Flipper Anderson. The defense was lead by future HOF Kevin Greene, LeRoy Irvin and Jerry Gray. It was not unreasonable to hope for an upset that would send our Rams back to the Super Bowl.

And, for 15 minutes, we held our own. After one quarter, the Rams were up 3-0. But then, the wheels fell off and we were blown out 30-3. The term "phantom sack" would forever be in our vernacular, and our hopes turned to embarrassment.

But I stayed.

It would take a decade to recover from this defeat. Over the next 9 seasons, the Rams failed to post a winning record, and went 1-17 against the hated 49ers. We were taunted with the term "SOSAR," and our stature as a franchise was diminished.

But I stayed.

Three glorious years followed, but the GSOT was short-lived. Then came another 15 years of struggles... only one winning season and one playoff win in that span, and the 49ers - past the Montana/Young dynasty - still got the better of us more often than not.

But I stayed.

And now, here we are. Finally a chance to avenge that 1989 defeat. Finally a chance to break the hearts of 49ers fans and regain our stature as the best in the West.

I don't care how we do it. I don't care if its 2-0 or 51-49. Just win this one, Rams.

Damnit... you owe me.

dang

Legend
I feel ya. Been a Rams fan since 1972. Pretty hard times 1980-1998 but I stayed with them. I Almost considered a change when they moved to St Louis but I stayed with them. I’m too old and emotionally connected to change but I know better than to count on anything with the Rams. I’m going to try to relax and enjoy where they are now and hope they play their best because they are a very talented fun team to follow.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It was January 14, 1990. I was 22. I had been a Rams fan for over a decade at that point. And the team let me down.

Sure, the opponent was a juggernaut 49ers team that had only lost 2 games all season, but one of those defeats was at the hands of our Rams, and they had only managed a 3 point victory in the other match-up. We had a potent offense with Jim Everett, Greg Bell, Henry Ellard and Flipper Anderson. The defense was lead by future HOF Kevin Greene, LeRoy Irvin and Jerry Gray. It was not unreasonable to hope for an upset that would send our Rams back to the Super Bowl.

And, for 15 minutes, we held our own. After one quarter, the Rams were up 3-0. But then, the wheels fell off and we were blown out 30-3. The term "phantom sack" would forever be in our vernacular, and our hopes turned to embarrassment.

But I stayed.

It would take a decade to recover from this defeat. Over the next 9 seasons, the Rams failed to post a winning record, and went 1-17 against the hated 49ers. We were taunted with the term "SOSAR," and our stature as a franchise was diminished.

But I stayed.

Three glorious years followed, but the GSOT was short-lived. Then came another 15 years of struggles... only one winning season and one playoff win in that span, and the 49ers - past the Montana/Young dynasty - still got the better of us more often than not.

But I stayed.

And now, here we are. Finally a chance to avenge that 1989 defeat. Finally a chance to break the hearts of 49ers fans and regain our stature as the best in the West.

I don't care how we do it. I don't care if its 2-0 or 51-49. Just win this one, Rams.

Damnit... you owe me.
You just described my entire Rams Fandom. We are of similar age and had the exact same experiences... Good and bad. They us us all bro. They us us all.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here since Hadl...The sultry summer of 1973 at just 7 years of age.
You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life
The facts of life
1643307011247.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here since Hadl...The sultry summer of 1973 at just 7 years of age.
You take the good
You take the bad
You take them both and there you have the facts of life
The facts of life
View attachment 51539
I still feel like we were jobbed in 1973. There is no way the Dallas Cowboys should have hosted the playoff game with the Rams when they had an inferior record, those bastids! I was there for the last game of the regular season awhen the Rams beat the Browns. The following play off game the next weekend they were bounced....SONOFA

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
That game at the end of the 89 season was a tough one. The "phantom sack" game.
That was the game when we seen our GREAT offensive line getting old. It was a good run but the 9ers D line was like cement.
I miss the days of Rams dominate O lines, all those high draft picks. Now we trade them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still feel like we were jobbed in 1973. There is no way the Dallas Cowboys should have hosted the playoff game with the Rams when they had an inferior record, those bastids! I was there for the last game of the regular season awhen the Rams beat the Browns. The following play off game the next weekend they were bounced....SONOFA
Yeah, back then they rotating home field year to year, eventually they got it right, however, we hosted the Cowboys in 1975 in the NFC Championship Game losing 37-7 sending yours truly to bed in tears.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, back then they rotating home field year to year, eventually they got it right, however, we hosted the Cowboys in 1975 in the NFC Championship Game losing 37-7 sending yours truly to bed in tears.
These days....

h5jF3Tc.gif

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

But I stayed.

But I stayed.

But I stayed.

Damnit... you owe me.
Great post, Avenger. But did you have to mention the "phantom sack?"
Man, that brought back a lot of bad memories.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

sacram

UDFA
That 3 point victory by the Niners in the regular season you speak of, is probably my worst game memory as a Ram fan. I was a senior in high school, and was attending a XMas party with my co-workers. I was the only Ram fan there, and was completely surrounded by Whiner fans.

The Rams completely DOMINATED that game through 3 quarters. They led 27-13 at the end of 3, and they had the ball inside of the Niner 5 to start the quarter with a 2nd and goal. Everett fumbled the exchange, turning it over, and the rest is history.

To be clear, this might've been THE best Niner team they've ever had, as I believe they were 1st in the NFL in both Offense and Defense, and that Ram team should've swept them.

They went on quite a run, ending the regular season with a win at New England in inclement weather, that ended with a goal line stand just to get in the playoffs. Two more huge road playoff wins led us to that NFC championship game. Remember not only were the Rams up 3-0, but Flipper broke wide open on a deep pass down the sideline that Lott knocked down at the last second, which could've easily been a 10-0 Ram lead as well. What could've been...

And yes, living here in NorCal my whole life being a Ram fan, I've had alot of heartbreak. A victory this Sunday could certainly help make up for it.

RamWoodie

Legend
How many of you folks remember the old "Vikings/Cowboys heartbreak" playoff games?

THAT'S HOW IT'S GONNA FEEL IF THE RAMS CAN'T MAN UP AND WIN!!!

Those were really hard to take...and all you could say was "next year". :sur:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
This is the time to heal all wounds Rams, this game is in your house and you must win it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fuck I was 9 months old on Jan 14, 1990.

The good ole days where I didn't let a game take over my life.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill

But I stayed.

But I stayed.

But I stayed.

Damnit... you owe me.
I have been right there with you, the monday game where they couldn’t tackle John Taylor, UGH. That game will forever be burned in my soul. 89 they go to philly and beat Buddy’s birds in that dump and then on to NY to beat Parcells Giants... then to San Fran, ouch. The way this regular season ended can be erased with a victory on Sunday. Deebo Kittle and that goofy qb own these Rams, not to mention they’re defense. I’ll be watching with one eye closed as Deebo comes to town. Hopefully the Rams can play the part of Craig and knock Deebo the fk out. Its hard for me to predict that to happen but one can dream right? Cmon Rams ONE TIME this Sunday blast these guys in front of their home crowd!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We will have no excuses to lose this game. A loss in this game and it might go down as the most painful loss in history. I know there are some bad ones, but letting these clowns go to the superbowl would be an embarrassment of the highest magnitude.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You just described my entire Rams Fandom. We are of similar age and had the exact same experiences... Good and bad. They us us all bro. They us us all.
Not even sure how I forgot the word "owe" twice in this post.... But it got me thinking. This team "owes" us nothing. They have kept my heart and attention through a second generation ( my son) and provided an outlet for joy and pain and all other sorts of (wtf) emotions.

The Rams are nothing more than what we choose to make them in our lives. My son losing his shit screaming when staff hit Kupp this past Sunday and the elation of that win was worth 10 horrible losses.

Having SAID that.....

Yeah, you Rams owes us on other championship!!!! :)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
All is well! We are going to get it done. It might not even be close.

Tano

Legend
They went on quite a run, ending the regular season with a win at New England in inclement weather, that ended with a goal line stand just to get in the playoffs. Two more huge road playoff wins led us to that NFC championship game. Remember not only were the Rams up 3-0, but Flipper broke wide open on a deep pass down the sideline that Lott knocked down at the last second, which could've easily been a 10-0 Ram lead as well.
Everett underthrew that pass by 10 yards

Only way that Lott was able to recover

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
This season will belong in the top 10 of all time best Ram seasons.

1 SB win, close losses in 3 SB's and then more NFC champion losses than I care to remember.

Next year should even be better regardless of what happens Sunday.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yep. Back then they rotated who had home field advantage. What a croc