The Walking Dead season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah the show is just so badly written now it's upsetting. Can't believe how badly they've messed up the Negan and all out war storyline.

So Rick, the star of the show, spent two whole episodes tracking down the junkyard weirdos to join the fight... spent time in a sweat box, fought another zombie for Jadis, and convinced Jadis to join them finally. The next episode begins with the junkyard weirdos running away and literally having zero purpose. The star of the show spent three episodes literally doing nothing that advanced the story at all.

The entire half of the season was based around them surrounding the survivors with walkers and trapping them. Then they all just magically escape with no explanation and are suddenly mobilized over night to capture the kingdom, Alexandria, and Maggie's caravan... who they inexplicably just let go. Not to mention Negan and the survivors know one of them is a traitor but they just seem to not care anymore.

And (spoiler) is bit for how long? When did that even happen?

Finally, a showdown with Rick and Negan and it's a bitch slap fest followed by what @-X- said where Rick gets pushed out a window with a mostly loaded revolver and doesn't just shoot Negan in the balls right there and runs away instead?

Bleh, they need to clean the writing up in the back half of this season or they risk losing even die hard fans.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I was watching that scene and first I thought smart move Rick don't stay right there. Then I was shaking my head as he wussy moved it and ran. Then Negan goes and stands right in the window and shows he's an idiot. Honestly this whole half of the season was garbage, not sure if I pick it back up or just dvr to watch later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those who missed it, here's a video of the Epic Negan vs Rick brawl...
tenor.gif

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
People still watch this show? I finally quit watching halfway through last season. I just don't care. I should have stopped like 2 seasons ago. Same shit, different toilet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, yeah. Rick grabs a gun during the scuffle and gets knocked out the window. Fair enough. But instead of walking back to the window which is now gone, and emptying his clip into Neegan, he ..... runs away.

C'MON.

Maybe he figures if he shoots he will get swarmed by Negan's men. I don't think shooting Negan would instantly end the fight. However, he should have shot him when they rolled in with armored cars at the beginning of the season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cant stand her. And when she's on Talking Dead, shes even worse

I wondered if Alaina (Tara) is trying to play off the tough lesbian role in the show. If so, she sucks at it. Someone should have told her that not all lesbians are butch. Even in the couple dynamic it isn't required that one be tough and manly. She needs to stay within her abilities.

And yeah she is annoying in real life.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Psycho_X

It appears that the whole reason for Rick risking his life at the trash heap was to create a reason for his absence. That way stupid Darryl and dopey Tara can make a huge mistake without Rick stopping them. Also, Rick wouldn't be there to see Negan's crew escape, so that way he can be totally surprised when it happened. Logically, if you run a zombie herd in to surround a compound, you don't all go home, leaving only four snipers to hold the fort. You fortify and run a supply line until it's over. That way if there is any sign of an exit, they are on top of it. And why did Darryl suddenly turn into a mushy reactive, non strategic fool? When did all of the main group do that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Scott Gimple seems clueless to how badly he and his writers are currently writing this show. I watched The Talking Dead after the mid season finale and he was on it acting like his usual, smug little, I've got a scrumptious secret' self. He practically gloats like he has everyone in awe of his masterpiece and they are excited and surprised at every twist. He did go outside the box and answer some questions. He said that Carl is going to go the way that everyone on the show goes after being bitten. But, his role in the show is not over yet. He seemed to suggest Carl has a big play before he goes out. It's obvious that he has to die, but he admitted it and alluded to Chandler coming out with his first song and pursuing a music career. Ironically, in one of Chandler Riggs last episodes he has done his best acting. He also said he thought everyone knew Carl was bitten. In that scene when he and the new guy were attacked Carl winced in pain. I guess that was the bite. But then he gets up and acts fine. I figured that he must not have been bitten.

I was wrong about the Saviors jumping into the garbage truck, so how did they get out? Was Eugene cruel enough to tell Negan to occupy the zombies by feeding them the workers? They didn't have time to dig their way out. And what of the whole I can make enough bullets talk with Negan. Did they shoot their way out? To make bullets you need lead, primers and gunpowder besides used casings. Is that stuff just laying around?

Shoot Gregory already. Somehow he is gonna fuck things up again. Maybe he talks a loyalist into letting him out and the captives rush the gate. They would be better to keep him separate and alone in a cell. Those captives inside the walls are the Trojan horse that will compromise the Hilltop.

The sewer entrance needs to be hidden. Any savior with a drop of wit would see it and go looking there. Besides the Zombie theme, this show started out with a reasonable foundation. Probable outcomes and situations were a part of what drew me in. It had me thinking about what it really would be like and found the shows depictions to be realistic, up until maybe the Terminus rescue, but it was still not too far fetched after that. It all fell apart when Negan entered the picture. These cunning survivors suddenly start making foolish mistake after foolish mistake. And if these communities had cars and busses, why didn't any of them say screw it and caravan to a new location further from the Saviors? Oceanside did it.

And now that Oceanside Granny is dead, I think they come around and fight. She was the matriarch that wasn't allowing anyone to even consider fighting back. She had to be eliminated to remove the obstacle.

Psycho_X

Legend
@Elmgrovegnome I was just talking with someone about how it was a shame because Chandler Riggs, or however his name is spelled, was actually starting to learn how to act finally lol.

Another thing, maybe I was not paying attention out of boredom, but another part of the episode that makes zero sense is what the hell happened to Carol, Rick, and Jerry? Carol and Jerry pull up to rescue Rick in the beginning.... then they are seen briefly driving at night and what sounds like them having a car crash with no other info given.... then suddenly Jerry is in the back of the savior truck being threatened in front of Maggie.... Rick ends up at Alexandria out of no where.... and did we even see Carol again?

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Day off work and watched it this morning.
It's become incredibly tedious to watch, but somehow I'm still drawn to it. It might be a case of friends and workmates watch it so I feel the need to as well. But it's lacking in direction and suspense.
I stopped reading the comic book about a year ago.

I wonder how long Carl's demise might take. I'm going for at least 3 episodes.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scott Gimple seems clueless to how badly he and his writers are currently writing this show. I watched The Talking Dead after the mid season finale and he was on it acting like his usual, smug little, I've got a scrumptious secret' self. He practically gloats like he has everyone in awe of his masterpiece and they are excited and surprised at every twist
Nail on the head.
I used to really enjoy Talking Dead. Now its such rubbish, they have the same guests on who are as enthusiastic as they were the first time on the show. I get it, its self serving promotion for their "real jobs" but still. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they at least intimated that the show has lost a step. Only time I ever saw that was when they pulled the Glenn miracle escape trick. Even Hartwick was saying there was no way Glenn would make it out alive.
But back to Gimple, man he is a pompous azz. The show was fun for its simplicity, the idea that there's all this symbolism and deep meaning is just ridiculous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Elmgrovegnome I was just talking with someone about how it was a shame because Chandler Riggs, or however his name is spelled, was actually starting to learn how to act finally lol.

Another thing, maybe I was not paying attention out of boredom, but another part of the episode that makes zero sense is what the hell happened to Carol, Rick, and Jerry? Carol and Jerry pull up to rescue Rick in the beginning.... then they are seen briefly driving at night and what sounds like them having a car crash with no other info given.... then suddenly Jerry is in the back of the savior truck being threatened in front of Maggie.... Rick ends up at Alexandria out of no where.... and did we even see Carol again?

Didn’t she show up at the Kingdom on the other side of the gate when Ezekiel was captured?

It seems the unspoken plan was for Each to check out a different stronghold. Jerry was captured on the way to the Hilltop. Why was the Hilltop group driving from? Why were so many on the road? Shouldn’t they be home like the Alexandrians?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I haven't watched the last three episodes, sounds like I shouldn't.

Meh, this season lost my interest, I think I'm done with the show.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the mid season return was last night. Anyone watching?
Asking for a friend

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the mid season return was last night. Anyone watching?
Asking for a friend
I read some comments that is wasn't very exciting. I might watch it tonight.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read some comments that is wasn't very exciting. I might watch it tonight.
The episode was an hour and 20 minutes long. I think to extend the episode, they added about 30 minutes of commercials.
I fell asleep about 5 times, had to rewind until I vaguely remembered the scene, then pushed play. Wash, rinse, repeat....

Psycho_X

Legend
The episode was an hour and 20 minutes long. I think to extend the episode, they added about 30 minutes of commercials.
I fell asleep about 5 times, had to rewind until I vaguely remembered the scene, then pushed play. Wash, rinse, repeat....

Yep, it was awful how many commercials they shoved into it. The whole episode was basically a 50 minute long death scene with 30 minutes of commercials interrupting it over and over again. Was so drawn out and right when you start to get into it, bam, another commercial break. It's hard, it's really hard to stay invested in the show.

I actually feel annoyed come Sunday that I feel like I have to obligate an hour + to watching the show because I have so much invested in it. It's kind of like what watching the Rams was like for the decade before last year lol.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, it was awful how many commercials they shoved into it. The whole episode was basically a 50 minute long death scene with 30 minutes of commercials interrupting it over and over again. Was so drawn out and right when you start to get into it, bam, another commercial break. It's hard, it's really hard to stay invested in the show.

I actually feel annoyed come Sunday that I feel like I have to obligate an hour + to watching the show because I have so much invested in it. It's kind of like what watching the Rams was like for the decade before last year lol.
Sadly, I don't even need to include a <spoiler alert> when talking about it.
I really had hoped they were going to take a crazy route, and that Carl was somehow going to be saved. Either he was going to be immune or they somehow found an antidote. I know the novel fans would say that they would have to ignore the remaining novels then, however from what I understand, Carl doesn't die so they have to change anyway.
In any event, I think there are basically 2 types of Walking Dead fans. 1) Those who have given up on the show and 2) those that continue to watch because they've invested so much time in to it....
And yes, I don't believe there is a group 3, who still love the show

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Saw it. Liked it. Would have killed Negan about ten times by now.

I haven’t read all the posts in here but here’s my twist. There is a cure and the race is on to get to the lab that fell before it could get out. Negan gets there first and in the vein of holding onto the popular bad guy, decides he is going to build an army of those he chooses to cure. The rub is that many in his army can’t rationalize living under a tyrant nor expecting others to do so. A rebel force is created and they work to protect and serve under Michon when Rick dies in battle.