The time Todd Gurley was threatened by a troll and answered back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now as far as phone calls, I don't think FB is tapping calls so I'd say that's a bit out there.

Periodically Facebook asks if they can use the contacts on your phone to find potential new people to send friend requests for. I always say no, but they apparently get your call history when they do. Not the actual content of the calls, but if your friend is interested in something, they may assume that you are too.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
i'm confused, i don't use facebook. did you call each other through facebook?

No. I put Facebook and messenger on my phone because my dad kept sending me crap on messenger and the complainin* that I didn’t respond. I put Facebook on my phone because I had a moment of weakness and thought I’d keep up with my half-sister. I haven’t.

I called using my regular cell phone. No other apps were on and all access to microphone, location data and camera is restricted to a few apps like find my iPhone.

The point is that even when the app is off AND disallowed access, Facebook is still monitoring the root use of the phone. It’s the same as wiretapping every single phone on the planet. The scale of that crime alone is almost unfathomable. And that’s just for starters.

White hat hackers have proven time and again that Facebook is a bad actor, but the only people more tech illiterate than grandmas and zombies are politicians.

They can’t even grasp the problem which makes a solution impossible.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Using troll behavior as a back channel for a social engineering attack that gets someone to support (what I'm assuming is) the political view opposite their own, to the extent that they don't know about it afterwards, is some grade A mind control.

I'll start here........the object wasn't to get people to do the opposite. It was to get them to take action.

People who may not have voted end up voting.

So it wasn't to get them to support an opposing view it was using lies to get them to STOP the opposing view.

EDIT: What I mean is it was designed to make people take action against the percieved opposition.

Have you seen the FB ads and posts about Black Lives Matter? Or the fake accounts that were designed to irritate and incite white people?

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'll start here........the object wasn't to get people to do the opposite. It was to get them to take action.

People who may not have voted end up voting.

So it wasn't to get them to support an opposing view it was using lies to get them to STOP the opposing view.

EDIT: What I mean is it was designed to make people take action against the percieved opposition.

Have you seen the FB ads and posts about Black Lives Matter? Or the fake accounts that were designed to irritate and incite white people?
No. I have a Facebook that I don't ever use. I check it about once a quarter. Maybe.

Being in the IT security profession I understand (mostly) how dangerous social media is and choose not to participate. Most of my colleagues do the same, except for the really young ones. They'll figure it out eventually.