The "sunshine and lollipops delusional homer thread."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't call it delusional, but the offensive game plan is light years ahead of where its been. The WR have played great at times. On the passing game side, the offense shows some incredible potential. Quick was open deep AGAIN. Its no longer a fluke.
This isn't the dink and dunk of Schottenhiemer or Cignetti/Boras of 2015
The execution is lacking but god the potential is there

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Hey, just between us delusional homers, I have a theory.

I think Fisher has boxed himself in a corner with Goff now.
If he plays Goff next week and he lights it up, then people will verbally execute him for not doing it sooner.
If he plays Goff next week and he tanks, then people will verbally execute him for forfeiting all those draft picks to get him.
His best (and maybe only) move is to let him sit the rest of the year.

I agree with most if not all of what you said here. At some point Fisher needs to block out the noise and do what is in the best interest of the team. I am a firm believer that if you do the right thing or in this case what is in the best interest of the team everything else will take care of itself. Why should he care what everyone is saying, he should just do what is most beneficial to the team.

Whether Goff is ready or not is anyone's guess (I would say he is), but even an delusional homer can probably tell that the current course of action is not whats best for the team right now.

ram007

Starter
I was really happy to see Fisher going ballistic on the sideline instead of being stoic. Seeing some emotion I think shows all that I need to understand he is not a guy who doesn't care, is thinking of himself, is too stubborn or any of those things his detractors claim. It was refreshing for me to see him animated.

Love the way the defense was pounding on Cam, sure hope that continues the rest of the year. Some of those hits will turn into turnovers against lesser QBs which is the one thing that has been sorely missed over the last how many games now??

I think our WRs and TEs are playing well in spite of the drops we saw today. They still have problems in the redzone but I think they are at least showing some different play selections down there.

Always enjoy this thread more than the vent thread, somtimes wish I hadn't quit smoking weed :dizzy:

Good observation on takeaways blackbart. Teams appears to have zero'd in on not giving the ball away (eliminate turnovers) and let this offense score on them. And the offense is not able to answer.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably not a good sign when the homer thread contains approximately 40% of the posts addressing alcohol/pot/etc.
:LOL:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was able to get a quick nap in despite their being only about five minutes left in the game. That was nice. In a close game, with minutes to go, one should be at the edge of his seat. Not with this team though. I had zero expectations that they could make a come back. I never do anymore.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, nice catch by Higs. I can call him Higs because ... well, just because.

I was kinda hoping to see Mike Thomas get some quality offensive snaps, but I think they have their sights on getting Cooper involved now.
Who do you take snaps away from though, to get him more plays?

Oh, and good to see Benny get some more touches this game.
He showed me what I thought he would. The ability to gain yards.

Here's a suggestion to get more targets for Cooper, X.

Take them from Tavon.

I'm serious.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
it wasn't. His eyes were open wider than a barnyard owl.

Yeah, his eyes were open wide, alright.

But they weren't even looking in the direction of the ball.

I think the sun was a problem. It was blinding him at that particular angle on that particular part of the field at that particular time of the day.

I rewatched it several times.

Nobody's fault. Just one of those things.

But in a game ultimately lost by 3 points, it was a biggie.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh, and good to see Benny get some more touches this game.
He showed me what I thought he would. The ability to gain yards.
I would sure like to see them use Benny more!!(y)

I'm not even mad. I just bought a 65 inch 4K TV, so even if I have to watch the Rams lose, at least I can do it in style.
Very Cool!
View attachment 17529 ??

After reading all of these posts, and with a little HELP, I'm starting to feel better!!!!!(y)

View attachment 17530

Forget sunshine and lollipops, we need large quantities of alcohol
question-mark-face.gif
Make mine Rum and Coke!!

drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Meh, after the 24 hr rule, I'm back to being rational. Still aggravates me though about Fisher's progress for this team. Let's just kick the Jets's ass in style!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Here's a suggestion to get more targets for Cooper, X.

Take them from Tavon.

I'm serious.

He had 3 touches and you want him to have less?

Although, if the trade off is handing him the ball 10 times a game, I'm in. We don't need him as a WR nearly as much as a runner.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, his eyes were open wide, alright.

But they weren't even looking in the direction of the ball.

I think the sun was a problem. It was blinding him at that particular angle on that particular part of the field at that particular time of the day.

I rewatched it several times.

Nobody's fault. Just one of those things.

But in a game ultimately lost by 3 points, it was a biggie.

You would think the home team would anticipate this.