The Rams Are Now In The Balances...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
*A hard loss in an under performing season home opener against the Vikings. 0-1

*A struggle to defeat the Bucs on the road...but courageous. 1-1

*A loss against the Cowboys (with the help of terrible officiating). 1-2

*A gallant effort against the Eagles on the road fueled by a slow start. 1-3

Monday Night, the Rams will host the Niners at the ED. I won't over dramatize this game, but I will say this is a pivotal game.

I've watch Fisher speak on this game, and I think he has the same view I have. If the Rams lose this game it puts them in the balances!

This is a young team, which, despite good efforts in all but the Vikings game could begin to slide into mediocrity should they fall to 1-5. I don't say that they will, but there's no doubt the Rams will fall from any discussion of being a good team...let alone being mentioned in the post season.

I'm a fan to the end PERIOD!!! However, as I see it! That's where they stand when kickoff starts Monday night.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
*could begin to slide into mediocrity should they fall to 1-5.

1-5 is mediocrity? If our Rams lose the next two weeks, we'd be lucky if anyone said they were mediocre. :( I am praying for a crazy turn around to the season this Monday night.

Last edited:

209RamsFan

If they lose monday, heads need to roll.Period. Im sick of Fishers horsesh!t "we need to clean....fill in th blank"...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If they lose monday, heads need to roll.Period. Im sick of Fishers horsesh!t "we need to clean....fill in th blank"...
Yeah. That'll solve everything. Fire him on Tuesday and promote (insert coordinator of choice or McGinnis) as interim head coach.
Oh wait. You said head(s) need to roll. I assume you mean the coordinators too. Okay, McGinnis for head coach it is.

Yay team.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Fisher and Snead have put together the first hope we've had in what? 8 years?

I get pissed at the coaching too but the last thing I would do is trade down on the management of this young team this soon.

If the Rams lose this week... I think they will fear for their jobs, as they should, but not during this season. You can't win if you can't win divisional games at home. But, damn, this is a LOT of talent we didn't see with previous management. Who did they inherent besides Quinn who was not producing at the time and Bradford who has not played?

ALL of the talent we DO see, is of their making.

I pray they have schooled the LBs on how to break blocks and make tackles. If so, this team could kill.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Look up "must win" in the dictionary. It will have a picture of this MNF matchup. This may be Fisher's most important game as the Ram's HC. No pressure!

RamWoodie

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1-5 is mediocrity? If our Rams lose the next two weeks, we'd be lucky if anyone said they were mediocre. :( I am praying for a crazy turn around to the season this Monday night.
I'm not equating "mediocrity" to the record...it applies to the level of play.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Minus the mistakes we have played like one hell of a football team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You could say that about ANY team
Not really. I have seen some pretty bad football being played this season by teams not sporting horns. I will say though - this team seems to collect disastrous plays/penalties like few others.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah. That'll solve everything. Fire him on Tuesday and promote (insert coordinator of choice or McGinnis) as interim head coach.
Oh wait. You said head(s) need to roll. I assume you mean the coordinators too. Okay, McGinnis for head coach it is.

Yay team.

Can't you see how good of a plan this would be? Isn't it clear that if they lose there is no other choice but to follow this course of action. We need to get Martz on the phone right now, he can fix this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This team just needs to keep getting better IMO.

Defense needs to start playing well, that is absolutely critical. Talent is there, as is the coaching, so I'm gonna lose my mind if they don't show up in this game. Special teams needs to pick it up too. Those two things happen and the offense keeps up what it's been doing, the Rams will win this game and many more on the schedule.

Fisher teams tend to improve through the season regardless of their start. Definitely a big game, however Seattle next week will be just as big. So the key is the Rams start to play the way they're capable and the W's will come.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yay team.

So I saw your reply to 209RamsFan and wanted to ask you something. Firstly, I want to make it clear that I did not say if we lose this Monday night, fire Fisher and Snead. That obviously would be way to drastic. But I will pose this next question to you and others.

If at the end of this season, the Rams end up say ... 4-12 ... would you consider firing Fisher as an option?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
*A hard loss in an under performing season home opener against the Vikings. 0-1

*A struggle to defeat the Bucs on the road...but courageous. 1-1

*A loss against the Cowboys (with the help of terrible officiating). 1-2

*A gallant effort against the Eagles on the road fueled by a slow start. 1-3

Monday Night, the Rams will host the Niners at the ED. I won't over dramatize this game, but I will say this is a pivotal game.

I've watch Fisher speak on this game, and I think he has the same view I have. If the Rams lose this game it puts them in the balances!

This is a young team, which, despite good efforts in all but the Vikings game could begin to slide into mediocrity should they fall to 1-5. I don't say that they will, but there's no doubt the Rams will fall from any discussion of being a good team...let alone being mentioned in the post season.

I'm a fan to the end PERIOD!!! However, as I see it! That's where they stand when kickoff starts Monday night.

I'm not sure what 'in the balances' means......but there is no question I'd like to see the Rams improve.

Right now, I would settle for mediocrity - because so far the Rams are a bad team.
They'd have to improve to be mediocre. Now, what I mean by that is that the Rams are finding ways to beat themselves.
That's what bad teams do. They have the talent to become mediocre then good - even this year. We'll see if they improve.
I think they can and hope they will. Time will tell.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I thought we'd be scrapping for a playoff birth this year. Sad, we haven't hit the 500 mark. Losing this games is expected by most but winning could signal a turning point.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am in the arena of those showing patience, how much is the question. The teams Dallas Phi that have beaten us are playing good football. I am of the belief we need maturity and experience which in some cases is the same thing. I think Williams system for what ever reason needs time (not an excuse) at least I hope that's the issue.
If we can ad some veteran leadership in the offseason and continue to mature along with Fish and Snead addressing the issues without their ego's getting in the way of righting their missed assessments we should be fine. The Caveat being that I am not getting younger.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If we lose the next two games I would have to say the season is lost. Losing tomorrow might do it. Would I advocate a coaching change if that happens? I think it would depend on the circumstances. If they continue the poor play, the dumb mistakes, and it looks like the coaches have lost their team, then yes I think a change would have to be made.

But if they improve, pull off some good wins against good teams, then I think you have to give them another year. I've never been a fan of the 3 year coaching carousel. Some teams just seem to be doomed to go through that every 3 years. A 4th year wouldn't seem to be that much worse. And who knows, maybe they're on the verge and changing coaches might ruin that.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm as concerned as anyone but now is not the time to throw anybody overboard. These next two games are arguably the most important on our docket this year regardless.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I saw your reply to 209RamsFan and wanted to ask you something. Firstly, I want to make it clear that I did not say if we lose this Monday night, fire Fisher and Snead. That obviously would be way to drastic. But I will pose this next question to you and others.

If at the end of this season, the Rams end up say ... 4-12 ... would you consider firing Fisher as an option?
Not really. We're on our 3rd string QB. People will say he's not playing like one, but there has to be some accounting for the coaching he's getting and the development of the players (receivers) in order for him to be playing this well, yeah? This is a team that's 2 years removed from a 2-14 season and had the roster blown to pieces. No, I wouldn't be thinking about firing him at all if they go 4-12 (which they won't).

Was anyone thinking Super Bowl after the schedule was released and before the season started?
How about after Bradford went down?
And then Chris Long?