The question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would we have drafted a rookie QB first 2 rounds? ( first 3 picks)

• Yes

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
With what Senior Ram management know right NOW, do you think they would have drafted a QB in the first round maybe or 2nd round in May?
FWIW I was extremely high on Bortles coming out and even took him in our R.O.D draft. I almost wanted to draft him and bid off Sam to the highest bidder TBH. Would he have made a difference you think? I keep wrestling with this....

List which QB you think we would have drafted and why.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They wouldn't have drafted Bortles. But knowing what they do now...they might have taken a second round QB like Carr or Garoppolo. But that's idle speculation. Because they didn't have the gift of hindsight and that would have greatly altered their draft strategy.

Why those two? As I recall, we brought Carr in for a visit and he fell to the 2nd. We could have traded up for him. Garoppolo makes sense as a scheme fit as well and would be around for our second round pick.

It's also possible they would have went for someone like Aaron Murray in the 4th round.

A55VA6

Legend
I think the Rams probably would have picked a QB in the first 2 rounds. Not sure who - really depends on who they liked. It would have probably changed our draft quite a bit to where we wouldn't have someone like a Donald or Joyner.

I'd rather have drafted a QB in Fisher's first year, a Wilson or Foles in the 3rd round that year, hell even Cousins in the 4th would be a better situation than the one we're currently in.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I was inn favor of using a third round pick ,no higher,but really no lower either,but as jrry says hindsight isn't a reasonable assumption so the question makes no sense,if I'd known Microsoft was gonna ............................ but WHOKNEW?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Anyone who knows me from RRF knows I wanted Garoppolo and thought they should of drafted in the 2nd.

That being said Joyner would of been hard to pass on at the time of last years draft.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If they had 20-20 hindsight they could have kept Bradford from getting hurt in the first place.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You are correct! They would have had to have 20-20 foresight to have held Bradford out for that one play/

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Voted no before I read the question. Probably would have taken one in the 2nd. Garapolo.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be honest here, folks... Fisher had a plan that we all thought was good. He had Bradford coming back as a starter and signed Hill as a very good, emergency back-up. Someone wrote the other day that many, if not most, of the other teams have (or had) a worse QB situations that the Rams. It's just bad luck to lose your starting QB in the preseason.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Let's be honest here, folks... Fisher had a plan that we all thought was good. He had Bradford coming back as a starter and signed Hill as a very good, emergency back-up. Someone wrote the other day that many, if not most, of the other teams have (or had) a worse QB situations that the Rams. It's just bad luck to lose your starting QB in the preseason.

Honestly, not all of us thought Fisher's plan was good, but it is what it is.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought The Question was "What is nine times six?"

Memphis Ram

Legend
Easy to say they should draft a position. Harder to say that they would have liked the players available at that position.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I voted no. I wanted Murray in the 4th. Even had he been drafted, he still probably wouldn't be starting right now, but I still like the kid.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I said no also. Garoppolo was the only guy I really liked out of the top choices. I'd like to have Mettenberger or Murray, but I was gunning for Tajh Boyd as a high-ceiling prospect.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I voted NO, simply because " Hind-sight Questions " are silly to me!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this rate of losing 2 QB in only 1/2 of a regular season game played, I think in hindsight they should have drafted a QB in EVERY round