The question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would we have drafted a rookie QB first 2 rounds? ( first 3 picks)

• Yes

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In hindsight, the Rams should have done many things different over the last 10 years.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I think so. Why not raise a potential/eventual starter knowing your first qb has 2 acl repairs and your 2nd string has 13 win 13 losses (14 kinda now?)

I say yes, I would have.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
2nd round was high no matter how you cut it. AJ McCarron when in the 5th round. Connor Shaw was undrafted. Mettenberger went in the 6th fucking round, and I wanted him the whole draft season. He even ran a similiar offense at LSU under Cam Camer
With what Senior Ram management know right NOW, do you think they would have drafted a QB in the first round maybe or 2nd round in May?
FWIW I was extremely high on Bortles coming out and even took him in our R.O.D draft. I almost wanted to draft him and bid off Sam to the highest bidder TBH. Would he have made a difference you think? I keep wrestling with this....

List which QB you think we would have drafted and why.

2nd round was high no matter how you cut it. AJ McCarron when in the 5th round. Connor Shaw was undrafted. Mettenberger went in the 6th fucking round, and I wanted him the whole draft season. He even ran a similar offense at LSU under Cam Cameron who comes from the same coaching tree as Schottenheimer.

so yea, second round is high.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Voted NO because like ChrisW says - 2nd round way to high

.....But Blake Bortles would've looked good in horns just about right now

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
We had 5 picks, 1 in the sixth and 4 in the seventh to move up and take Mettenberger. So, we could virtually give up nothing to have moved forward to get him.
Looks like Mettenberger had surgery for a torn ACL. I don't know if that would have scared the FO to bring in another guy with knee issues.

V3

Hall of Fame
If they had 20-20 hindsight they could have kept Bradford from getting hurt in the first place.
Unless you know the future as well as having 20/20 hindsight(essentially the same thing), we still don't know if Bradford would have lasted the whole season or just another game. Heck, he could have gotten hurt the very next play. We simply don't know.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Looks like Mettenberger had surgery for a torn ACL. I don't know if that would have scared the FO to bring in another guy with knee issues.

I'd rather roll the dice on that than Rhaney, Sam, C. Bryant, and Garrett Gilbert. Would you trade all 4 of those to have Mettenberger as your 3rd QB over Austin Davis?

V3

Hall of Fame
I liked Garoppolo, Mettenberger, and Bridgewater. I liked Carr a little but I couldn't get a real good read. I never bothered to watch Bortles because I never imagined the Rams even entertaining the thought. After those guys, I didn't really like anyone else.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd rather roll the dice on that than Rhaney, Sam, C. Bryant, and Garrett Gilbert. Would you trade all 4 of those to have Mettenberger as your 3rd QB over Austin Davis?
I wouldn't have traded up for Joyner so I wouldn't have had to trade those guys to get him. That's just me, though.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I was fine with Mettenberger, but after so many people have come out of the woodwork, second guessing "the QB plan" for this season because of Sam's injury history, I imagine that that too would be questioned at this stage of the game. I didn't think anyone besides Bridgewater would be a game-changer, so it's kind of "Meh" to me at this point.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wouldn't have traded up for Joyner so I wouldn't have had to trade those guys to get him. That's just me, though.

I think Joyner will end up being worth the trade up. But we wouldn't have lost anything either way by trading those seventh round picks. It is a hindsight opinion, though.