The OL..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see Mack. I can see Bosa too.

I don't see Hunter.

McSnead is the BEST to happen to us!
I don't Bosa, he can't stay on the field at all. Never liked Hunter but that's just me he can stay healthy and get sacks. But I think at Mack's age we can get him and sign him for another year or two to lessen his cap hit. That may be just wishing on it but hey that's what today is for.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't Bosa, he can't stay on the field at all. Never liked Hunter but that's just me he can stay healthy and get sacks. But I think at Mack's age we can get him and sign him for another year or two to lessen his cap hit. That may be just wishing on it but hey that's what today is for.
I do worry about Macks age, I really want a young up and comer. Not I wouldn't hate mack.

Anything they do to ensure we draft Cooper DeJean will be PERFECT

Antonius

Pro Bowler
For years the stupid-niners have been killing us with their defense by crushing the interior of the line. Just crashing up through the middle, wreaking havoc on whoever was under center or in the back field. It was better last year with Avila. But now. This interior looks to be build for holding up against those defensive fronts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do worry about Macks age, I really want a young up and comer. Not I wouldn't hate mack.

Still can and should add a day 2 or early day 3 guy. But yeah he's not a long term solution but he'll be around as long as AD and Stafford IMO which is fine. Cooper is 3rd on my list but wouldn't complain at all about him even though I still think WR in the 1st will be the McVay way.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just can’t argue with putting resources into protecting Stafford.
Defense will be sooooo young.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have learned over the years that these types of signings like the Rams made today usually pan out better than those real flashy types.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

I got you on this mock. (This assumes an Uche type signing at edge) and I see Dejean as the "star" position...CB/S.
1000003236.jpg

PARAM

Hall of Fame
As of now, it'd be

LT Alaric Jackson
LG Jonah Jackson
C Steve Avila
RG Kevin Dotson
RT Rob Havenstein

Am I the only one who feels REALLY good about that OL?

I know a lot of people want to update LT or I've seen people saying trade up for Joe Alt... But I personally think Alaric is more than serviceable. He's not ELITE, but he's not bad. He's a real solid starter.

I can see the OL finishing as a Top 4 unit.

And above all, I love that within the last 2 years they've transitioned to more power/physicality/toughness. We're becoming becoming the bullies ( except on Defense @OldSchool :) )
I'm amped as hell about our OL.....and that's without knowing whether Alaric will be back. I don't mind if he's back but like you say, he's "servicable" and not elite. At least, not yet. And if he's only 'serviceable in 2024, we have to either pay him or pay somebody else. That's our term though.

What do the Rams think of him? I think if they fear losing him, they might put a 2nd or 1st round tender on him. We might have a good idea once we know what tender he's given. If it's the RoFR, then I gotta believe drafting an OT high is the way to go. Especially if he's more than 'serviceable'. Like first round grade. 5 years at a very affordable salary for a LT. If Alaric doesn't get any offers and they do draft a LT, start him and let Alaric be the 6th man. Release Noteboom and they 5 mil richer.
Alaric hasn’t signed, right? We could still technically lose him?
We either tender him, let him go or extend him but I'm not sure the latter is the way to go. If we're going to compete for Superbowls the rest of Stafford's career, the OL has to be excellent. I think we're well on our way there, if not already there.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like what you’re doing.. but I’d go edge over LB with that second pick.
Yeah, kind of didn't see any I liked and I really want to have that dynamic duo at LB. And Wilson has the speed to be a great blitzer.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, kind of didn't see any I liked and I really want to have that dynamic duo at LB. And Wilson has the speed to be a great blitzer.
Couldn’t speculate without seeing what was still on board. May even have double dipped at corner if the Edge pool was that bad.. or if there wasn’t a DL.
LB is just lower priority for me. Mid rounds.

Fatboy

Rookie
I am on the fence about moving Avilla to center, I hope he can make the transition. --- the Fatboy !

fearsomefour

Legend
LT/Jackson/Avila/Dotson/Hav is a nightmare for run defenses.
When you consider Jackson and Avila will two of the more mobile interior lineman and the size with Avila, Dotson and Hav....a lot to deal with for defenses......now.....off of that, play action.
Forget about it.

jap

Legend
Making the C calls at the NFL level is always a new ball game. In another thread a poster has a quote from Avila saying he prefers C. That is encouraging.
 If there is a problem, Matthew can help with the OL calls until Steve is comfortable. Matthew essentially coached up a Pro Bowl center at Detroit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could be underestimating A Jackson but I don't think he's the guy they want at LT long term. They're a young stud LT at 19 away from having one hell of a stacked line. Not sure if the draft lines up for them but if not then they probably have Jackson fill the role then address it this time next year.

But at some point they need to address LT. And how often are they going to be up this high. Hopefully not too often in Stafford's remaining years.
Totally agree, as you know about getting a premium LT at #19. I am so excited about watching our Oline road grading Niner ass. I am also curious if this front could do the "tush push?" I can't count the number of times we were stuffed with less that a yard for a first down and we couldn't get it. As for the draft pick, I am salivating over the possibility of getting a young Big Whit at LT.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Totally agree, as you know about getting a premium LT at #19. I am so excited about watching our Oline road grading Niner ass. I am also curious if this front could do the "tush push?" I can't count the number of times we were stuffed with less that a yard for a first down and we couldn't get it. As for the draft pick, I am salivating over the possibility of getting a young Big Whit at LT.
Yeah. Prob is it has to be there. I cooled on LT as a possibility when the mocks were trending with more of those options going off, just felt for a while like it wasn't likely to happen. Still not sure if we'll see a good option there at 19. So many good possibilities there, depending on who falls, that it seems like that will drive the decision of course. But I think outside of someone like Latu falling to us it would be best case to just get it over with this year.