The OL..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
As of now, it'd be

LT Alaric Jackson
LG Jonah Jackson
C Steve Avila
RG Kevin Dotson
RT Rob Havenstein

Am I the only one who feels REALLY good about that OL?

I know a lot of people want to update LT or I've seen people saying trade up for Joe Alt... But I personally think Alaric is more than serviceable. He's not ELITE, but he's not bad. He's a real solid starter.

I can see the OL finishing as a Top 4 unit.

And above all, I love that within the last 2 years they've transitioned to more power/physicality/toughness. We're becoming becoming the bullies ( except on Defense @OldSchool :) )

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love it....McVay is being selfish on offense and when you add these guys to what we had last year, it's going to be bonkers. And with 11 picks, we will easily be able to add depth at RB and WR while going HAM on defense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's been a great day for the offense so far in free agency. That's a lot of beef up front and I hope McVay takes full advantage of it.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's been a great day for the offense so far in free agency. That's a lot of beef up front and I hope McVay takes full advantage of it.
No disagreement and I love the O signings! I just worry about the Defense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love the Jonah Jackson signing. The Lions' vaunted O-line wasn't the same without him.

methomas50

Rookie
Am I the only one who feels REALLY good about that OL?
Not at all. This should be a very good run blocking OL, continuing the theme from last year which really lead to the team playing its best ball as the season wore on. I think they grab an O Linemen, hopefully a tackle early. I wish the season want 6 months away.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No disagreement and I love the O signings! I just worry about the Defense.
We're literally what 4 hours into the offseason? Save your worry man damn technically the offseason still hasn't even started yet. There's a lot of time to doom about the D.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The first day of FA hasn’t been at all like I expected, but I fucking love what they did. They are putting a bunch of maulers in front of Matthew Freakin’ Stafford which they will use not only to wear down opposing D’s with the run game but provide oodles If time for #9 to fuck them up good.

And for the TE signing … I trust McVay on skill positions like this, and I bet there are some Shithawks fans starting to worry what this neglected TE might do with Sean’s coaching.

Yeah, I want an edge too, but I also remember how our D was supposed to be horrible last year and managed to be middle of the pack. I’m not worried.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I know a lot of people want to update LT or I've seen people saying trade up for Joe Alt... But I personally think Alaric is more than serviceable. He's not ELITE, but he's not bad. He's a real solid starter.

I can see the OL finishing as a Top 4 unit.
Agreed on Alaric Jackson. He is at the very least an average LT. I'd say a bit above, and he is young and ascending. He is a bruiser and that perfectly fits the mold this OL is taking too. It should be fun to watch if the Rams retain him! But even average LTs are not cheap and will have quite the market. It would not surprise me if a team swoops in....

Also agreed that this o-line should be a top 5 unit, and among the most physical if everything goes right: retain AJ, stay healthy (which every o-line in the NFL needs to do to finish at the very top), and have Avila switch to C successfully at the NFL level. I am quite optimistic Avila can do it but it is not without risk. If he can't, this o-line might fall flat on its face... the risk averse option would have been paying up for center, likely for less than what we spent on J. Jackson at LG. Many did think C was Avila's natural/best position coming out of college. We shall see. Making the C calls at the NFL level is always a new ball game. In another thread a poster has a quote from Avila saying he prefers C. That is encouraging.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could be underestimating A Jackson but I don't think he's the guy they want at LT long term. They're a young stud LT at 19 away from having one hell of a stacked line. Not sure if the draft lines up for them but if not then they probably have Jackson fill the role then address it this time next year.

But at some point they need to address LT. And how often are they going to be up this high. Hopefully not too often in Stafford's remaining years.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is could be a brilliant move if it works out. Running the ball more extends Stafford's career, McVay could be wanting to see 9 play into his 40s. No better way to do that is protect him and run the ball with some beef, the kind you don't move. Don't be shocked if we get an OT first in this draft. I'm all for filling those seemingly glaring holes on D but this might be the year to solidify the O for maybe 4 or more years. Another draft like last year could make this team MAJOR trouble for the entire league. With our draft picks, I think you do that without even making a trade. I think our Rams are in damn good hands at the moment. We never really know what direction they are going to go. It makes it fun to try and figure it out here at ROD with all you numbskulls. It might be time for a contest to see who can predict our draft.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
We're literally what 4 hours into the offseason? Save your worry man damn technically the offseason still hasn't even started yet. There's a lot of time to doom about the D.
I know there's PLENTY of time. Just don't want them to play borderline starters at important positions. Want to have all the great help for AD we can get.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know there's PLENTY of time. Just don't want them to play borderline starters at important positions. Want to have all the great help for AD we can get.
2ckikr.jpg

Just because we haven't signed or traded for somebody in 4 1/2 hours now doesn't mean we won't get somebody :)

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
2ckikr.jpg

Just because we haven't signed or traded for somebody in 4 1/2 hours now doesn't mean we won't get somebody :)
Oh I know, it's the qualify of who we get.

But, like you said.. patience and I know that. Just extremely knee-jerky.

Haha.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I know, it's the qualify of who we get.

But, like you said.. patience and I know that. Just extremely knee-jerky.

Haha.
I keep waiting for Khalil Mack in horns. Might be a pipe dream but for some reason I think it's going to happen and I think we sign him to a reasonable extension. Reasonable based on his past pay levels. If not McSnead have done great for this franchise and I at least will give them the benefit of the doubt.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I keep waiting for Khalil Mack in horns. Might be a pipe dream but for some reason I think it's going to happen and I think we sign him to a reasonable extension. Reasonable based on his past pay levels. If not McSnead have done great for this franchise and I at least will give them the benefit of the doubt.
I can see Mack. I can see Bosa too.

I don't see Hunter.

McSnead is the BEST to happen to us!