The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Soccer fans are nutty. If you want to see how extreme it gets, pull up the documentary on the fans of Celtic Vs. Rangers. Those fans are like Crips vs. Bloods.

Try fucking living with it. They aren't soccer fans, they're scum.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Heck of a goal by Rooney! That cross was a thing of beauty.
Shame how Arsenal scored the 2nd goal. After starting varsity my last three years in high school as a defender I've learned that if you're going to drop it back to the keeper, you 1. have to make sure you get enough behind the ball so the forward doesn't steal it and 2. make sure the goalie can control it. Coach chewed me out my freshman year for doing the exact same thing ManU did twice in a game! That following practice wasn't too much fun :LOL:! Never did it again though.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Heck of a goal by Rooney! That cross was a thing of beauty.
Shame how Arsenal scored the 2nd goal. After starting varsity my last three years in high school as a defender I've learned that if you're going to drop it back to the keeper, you 1. have to make sure you get enough behind the ball so the forward doesn't steal it and 2. make sure the goalie can control it. Coach chewed me out my freshman year for doing the exact same thing ManU did twice in a game! That following practice wasn't too much fun :LOL:! Never did it again though.

I always say as well make sure the pass is aimed outside of the frame of the goal itself - so if something does go terribly wrong at least its only going to be a corner kick - not a goal!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
£215.60 richer today thanks to SkyBet... Nothing like an accy coming good!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I might be drunk but is it not Saturday?!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see how Arsenal destroying my beloved West Ham is great, I'm offended! Just seen that the MLS game is on live from Yankee Stadium. Pitch looks a bit shit.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
£215.60 richer today thanks to SkyBet... Nothing like an accy coming good!

How many teams was that? Good punting that. I did my bollocks at Chelts, Coneygree saved me otherwise I'd have been well down. Still can't believe Annie Power fell.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
What's the score with playing at Yankee stadium? Are they going to build a dedicated football stadium at some point?

My acca was five teams. The value came from picking derby and Norwich to draw and having villa to win at Sunderland.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good choices that, Sunderland are shocking (pencil them in for a win next week though!).

No idea on the stadium but the baseball season will be starting soon. David Villa still looks decent.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The pitch looks tiny, is it even possible to fit a regulation size football pitch in there? Maybe it's just the weird shape of the ground that makes it look smaller

Last edited:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soccer? You need to switch it off and get a grip!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Sorry...!

I've googled it, 70 yards wide. That's within guidelines but probably on the narrow side.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep and looks like they are playing here for the foreseeable future.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sorry...!

I've googled it, 70 yards wide. That's within guidelines but probably on the narrow side.

I think they said they are going to wait and see how the schedule works with the Yankees schedule this year. If there's too many conflicts, they'll look into a stadium.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Commentators saying that Gerrard needs to come on to add experience and calm things down and 30 seconds later he's sent off! What a knob.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm a fan of Gerrard but he made a stupid, stupid mistake yesterday.