The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
At the bar before going to the Sounders game tonight. Watching Orlando vs New York in a battle of new teams. Rooting on Orlando since NY is connected to Manchester City.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Really enjoying this. Quality isn't brilliant but it's not horrendous, especially considering it's two expansion teams. Would love to see Orlando get the win.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Apparently it's not just the refereeing in the uk that's bad... Orlando been really unlucky with a couple of decisions although it was definitely a red card.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Apparently it's not just the refereeing in the uk that's bad... Orlando been really unlucky with a couple of decisions although it was definitely a red card.

Some questionable calls in this game. You think that should have been a penalty kick for Orlando? I didn't see if he was touched or not caught the replay to late.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Yesssss!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Some questionable calls in this game. You think that should have been a penalty kick for Orlando? I didn't see if he was touched or not caught the replay to late.

Definite penalty. Also the offside on the other penalty... There was no replay so I couldn't see for sure but at full speed I thought he was onside and that should have been a penalty too.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Definite penalty. Also the offside on the other penalty... There was no replay so I couldn't see for sure but at full speed I thought he was onside and that should have been a penalty too.

I agree. Good showing by both new teams.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Watched NYC FC vs Orlando City SC and NY Red Bulls vs Sporting KC today. Now watching NE vs SEA. This is the first time I've really ever sat down to watch soccer games, besides the past two world cups. Aside from players on the US National Team, I really have no idea who plays for who or which players are the best on which teams. I think the last World Cup really got me pumped up and I gotta say I'm loving this whole Soccer Sunday thing.

Also, when did the MLS change their logo?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Watched NYC FC vs Orlando City SC and NY Red Bulls vs Sporting KC today. Now watching NE vs SEA. This is the first time I've really ever sat down to watch soccer games, besides the past two world cups. Aside from players on the US National Team, I really have no idea who plays for who or which players are the best on which teams. I think the last World Cup really got me pumped up and I gotta say I'm loving this whole Soccer Sunday thing.

Sounders fan here. Hope you enjoy it! The new mls logo started this season.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I'm in the same boat as you. This will be my first full season of football. It was a good day, watching all the games. NYCFC should pick up a little when they get Lampard in July. The Sounders look really dangerous. I was hoping Juan Agudelo would be more involved. He just looked a little lazy to me.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm in the same boat as you. This will be my first full season of football. It was a good day, watching all the games. NYCFC should pick up a little when they get Lampard in July. The Sounders look really dangerous. I was hoping Juan Agudelo would be more involved. He just looked a little lazy to me.

Glad to hear more people are interested in watching. Both of the new teams look like they will be scary soon. I give NYCFC the edge by a little knowing they are getting Frank soon.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Glad to hear more people are interested in watching. Both of the new teams look like they will be scary soon. I give NYCFC the edge by a little knowing they are getting Frank soon.

I don't know, man. OC will be pretty damn scary on the attack when they get some more playing time together.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll go ahead and admit it. I watched the entire Orlando City game yesterday. I still can't believe the incredible turn out for the game... over 62,000. It was the second largest MLS crowd ever,,, and it was said that the only thing stopping it from being number 1 was the stadium can't hold any more. Our next home game is already sold out as well. WTF

I love that there are no commercials for 45 minutes. I hate that the games can end in a tie.

But at least we didn't lose. Kaka !!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'll go ahead and admit it. I watched the entire Orlando City game yesterday. I still can't believe the incredible turn out for the game... over 62,000. It was the second largest MLS crowd ever,,, and it was said that the only thing stopping it from being number 1 was the stadium can't hold any more. Our next home game is already sold out as well. WTF

I love that there are no commercials for 45 minutes. I hate that the games can end in a tie.

But at least we didn't lose. Kaka !!!

It was an impressive showing in Orlando. I hope some fans aren't discouraged at how boring the first half was.

As for the commercials, that's the best thing about football. I did notice when I moved to FS1 later in the evening to watch the last two games that they had dome advertisements about every 10 minutes where they would shrink the soccer action to give the sponsors some air time. Only in America.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I don't know, man. OC will be pretty damn scary on the attack when they get some more playing time together.

True, and I do have to give them credit it's always impressive when a team plays with a man down and more than holds their own.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
It was an impressive showing in Orlando. I hope some fans aren't discouraged at how boring the first half was.

As for the commercials, that's the best thing about football. I did notice when I moved to FS1 later in the evening to watch the last two games that they had dome advertisements about every 10 minutes where they would shrink the soccer action to give the sponsors some air time. Only in America.

Wait they actually did that!!? I've never seen anyone do that yet how awful.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Yeah, when I heard that the Citrus Bowl was sold out I wasn't really expecting every single seat to be filled in the stadium... but there wasn't an empty seat in the house. They had people who were allowed to stand in certain railing areas who paid to get in with no seats.

My neighbor who is in his 70s went out to the game and started tailgating at 11am. He and his wife got home at 8:30pm... and they were still screaming when they got out of the car. Seriously LOL. He's got 2 season tickets and he told me last night that he'll be giving them to me for the games he can't attend. I can't believe they play as many games as they do... like 30 games.

So I'll be going soon. Looks like an insane atmosphere. They entire crowd does some kind of parade walk through downtown as they enter the stadium. Madness.

They have an Iron Lion section that is calling my name.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, when I heard that the Citrus Bowl was sold out I wasn't really expecting every single seat to be filled in the stadium... but there wasn't an empty seat in the house. They had people who were allowed to stand in certain railing areas who paid to get in with no seats.

My neighbor who is in his 70s went out to the game and started tailgating at 11am. He and his wife got home at 8:30pm... and they were still screaming when they got out of the car. Seriously LOL. He's got 2 season tickets and he told me last night that he'll be giving them to me for the games he can't attend. I can't believe they play as many games as they do... like 30 games.

So I'll be going soon. Looks like an insane atmosphere. They entire crowd does some kind of parade walk through downtown as they enter the stadium. Madness.

They have an Iron Lion section that is calling my name.

Soccer fans are nutty. If you want to see how extreme it gets, pull up the documentary on the fans of Celtic Vs. Rangers. Those fans are like Crips vs. Bloods.