The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I thought free agents weren't allowed to be signed till the 9th. What's with all these details coming out now?

McKelvin was cut. He can sign a contract. The others that are free agents cannot. They can only agree to deals.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Mario Williams - DL - Free Agent
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins' deal with free agent Mario Williams should be finalized on Tuesday, and will be worth $8 million per season.

The offseason is the Dolphins' postseason. Their March dynasty is approaching Belichick-esque levels. Now 31, Williams was widely accused of quitting last season before being released by the Bills last week. Williams is one of the best pass rushers of his generation, and is well worth a flier, but it will be a risky deal for the perennially cap-strapped 'Fins. His addition will almost certainly mean the release of Cam Wake.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 8 - 4:36 PM

Damn! I was hoping the Rams would make a run at him. we could use the money saved by cutting long and not resigning hayes and upgrade the position.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McKelvin was cut. He can sign a contract. The others that are free agents cannot. They can only agree to deals.

i understand that but i thought details of the deals weren't allowed to be published until the player signed on the dotted line.

Ram65

Legend
i understand that but i thought details of the deals weren't allowed to be published until the player signed on the dotted line.

Info is leaked to the media people. No formal announcements made.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dolphins always splash big in free agency. Dream team...

Yeah and they always fall flat on their faces too. I think Williams could have been a very good signing for a team with a strong defensive staff, who plays a 4-3 and willing to line him up at LDE, and who has a strong group in place that he'll fall in line with.

Dolphins aren't that. They should be doing what Philly is doing, not helping teams like Philly clean things up. They have a young coach who might be good, but he's gonna have a learning curve and loading yet another veteran who can be problematic to that group leads me to think the owner is going to expect lots of wins out the gate. It's possible, but if they lose and lose hard then what? Seems to me that owner is never gonna get it man.

If I was the Phins owner I'd give the GM the green light to accrue draft picks, take a lot of good young WRs from rounds 2-5, and defensive players throughout, and trying to rebuild it right so the team can mature as the young head coach does.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Bruce Carter - LB - Free Agent
Bucs released LB Bruce Carter.

Carter lasted all of one season in Tampa Bay after signing a "four-year, $17 million" pact last March. He never took charge of a starting job, losing the MIKE gig to rookie Kwon Alexander, who went on to grade out as a bottom-three inside linebacker at Pro Football Focus. Carter played just 314 snaps. The former 2011 second-round pick hasn't been good since the 2012 campaign.
Related: Buccaneers

Source: Greg Auman on Twitter
Mar 8 - 5:15 PM

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Starting to wonder if the Rams are going to let all their defensive FAs walk, heavily pursue and sign offensive FAs, and then have a defensive draft...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Starting to wonder if the Rams are going to let all their defensive FAs walk, heavily pursue and sign offensive FAs, and then have a defensive draft...

This draft is a lot stronger on the defensive side. It wouldn't surprise me

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Jason Pierre Paul to return to Giants, thanks Cards for interest.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Update: JPP resigns with Giants for a 1 year deal worth up to $10.5 million

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I honestly believe our defense is gonna be better without Chris Long (mr joker), William Hayes (funny guy #2) and JJ
If Baron is stupid enough to not resign after the Rams virtually resurrected his floundering career he's nuts and only shows faith doesn't work both ways and that faith takes a back seat to $$$$$& all day long
Alexander can take over for Barron if he walks and let's draft another!!!!
If money is worth more than reasonable and realistic offers and a sense of loyalty then let's let the UDFA's have a shot and feast off the talent of Donald, Quinn, Brockers, Tru, Ogletree, TJ, Gaines, Roberson, Joyner and guys like Westbrooks and that French dude Pissat (who looks like something out of the Osterman Weekend)
My point is there are tons of young complimentary football players who will buy into our system and eventually also get to the point where other teams offer astronomical terms -- like Rodney McLeod
I love McLeod and love the way the guy plays - to me he's the ultimate Ram. A guy who gives it his all every game. Now the Rams gave him the opportunity and cultivated his talent to the point he is gonna get some nice offers - same with Barron - and my thoughts are that this is a sign this organization knows what they are doing with player development and we need to do more of this (great drafts and even better UDFA signings) instead if buying fat and tired dudes
Let them all fucking walk
This team will always be the youngest in the NFL - guaranteed

ROBERSON is my new #1
And Trinca-Pissat !!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

For those that wanted marvin jones it's not looking likely.

Marvin Jones - WR - Bengals

NFL Network's Albert Breer named the Titans, Browns, and Falcons as teams in pursuit of free agent Marvin Jones.

The Falcons' No. 2 wideout need is crystal clear after Roddy White and Leonard Hankerson flopped in the role last year and were released. Jones might have the best chance at target volume in Cleveland, although that obviously wouldn't be the case if Josh Gordon is reinstated. The Titans are a surprise team in pursuit with Kendall Wright and Dorial Green-Beckham in the fold.

Related: Browns, Falcons, Titans

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
That Mario Williams signing could spell the end to Cameron wake.....what would you think of going after him?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The Cardinals are shopping Calias Campbell :confused:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
rumor has it eagles are getting the 8th pick and a 4th rounder for Maxwell, kiko, and the 13th. could be bad for rams QB chances if the eagles go that route

Status
Not open for further replies.