The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There is something about Trinca-Pasat I really Like, I can't put my finger on it!!
Maybe it's because, on his Draft day, after he was Drafted, He said " I'm going to make the Teams that didn't Draft me Pay!!" (That as close to the actual quote as I can remember!!)

Everytime I look at him he reminds me of someone that would be in one of those 60s secret agent movies.

My panic levels are going to start rising soon. We're hearing nothing from the Rams

It may be best if you do what Fisher, Snead and Demoff are doing........Taking a nap.

Wow. Didnt figure McLeod to be in line for almost $8m / year. We pay the price for not locking up any of our secondary ahead of time. He'll probably be the easiest to replace out of the bunch, but he's definitely gotten better each year and I had hoped to see him back in horns.

He is replaceable. They couldnt' justify paying him nearly 8 million and keep the cap balanced in the long term.

Rams interested in KC CB Sean Smith according to bleacherreport. Go get em baby. Cheaper and better then Janoris

I'd be down with OPP in this case. Smith is a good corner.

Yeah agreed. We have a QB room full of backups, our WR corps is among the worst in the league, and we don't have a threat at TE to make up for it. Worst passing game in the league and it ain't gonna get better overnight unless they do something drastic.

I am really disappointed in them so far. I really expected them to add one WR in FA to boost what is a terrible unit. There's still time and all, but they gotta go after a Kearse and/or Fleener to get some vet talent in here that can help them out.

I hoped for it, but are there really any good options left? Is Sanu still out there? He would be my top target after Benjamin.

Migos must not mean, what we think it means.

There is the catch. We all thought that JJ just couldn't spell the word AMIGOS right. But in his strange strange mind if you drop the A it means they are not friends and he wants to go find different people to be friends with.

Chase Daniel to the Iggles. crap...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/eagles-signing-chase-daniel-to-go-with-sam-bradford/

The Eagles made a big move by keeping Sam Bradford.

But he’s not the only quarterback they’re bringing in.

According to ESPN’s Adams (Schefter and Caplan), the Eagles will sign Chiefs quarterbackChase Daniel when the league year begins.

That makes for some immediate intrigue, since new Eagles coach Doug Pederson is familiar with Daniel from his days as the coordinator in Kansas City, and Daniel was looking for a chance to start.

While Bradford might have some degree of advantage as the incumbent, Pederson doesn’t have any particular loyalty to him, and the fact Bradford’s the one guy Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly apparently agreed on might not give him a clear path to the starting job, or a long hold on it.

It also puts Mark Sanchez squarely on the market, as the Eagles don’t need three veterans making that kind of money on the roster.

If I was Sam I would be pissed at this. This has, Sam gets cut by next year written all over it. Pederson is probably hoping that Daniel can win the starting position by next season and maybe trade Bradford. If starting wasn't dangled in front of Daniel he was either not sought after to start anywhere or he doesn't speak English.

Pederson is doing typical new coach make over 101. Getting rid of guys and signing some big names. That is what Fisher did his first year or two with the Rams. Now Fisher has a better grasp of the roster and knows which way he wants to go and isn't grasping at other peoples players for answers so much. It didn't really work in the long term anyway.

At a second round tender, I would take that.

So the Rams could get a second round pick for Keenum? Holy shit that would be great!. I like the guy and all but turning a 7th into a 2nd would be big. Then Mannion gets thrust into the QB competition. Come on!!! Baby! Let's not roll snake eyes on this one!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well boys we got 1 hour and 15 minutes................ and all I hear are crickets

Now it's 1 hour left before the offseason playoffs begin. Will the Redskins remain the champions, or will the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Eagles finally knock them off their perch? Also, look out for 2 darkhorses in the Lions and Falcons, who are now following the path to gain headlines in March. Also, will newcomer New York Giants realize that their championships that actually counted occurred in February?

You can't miss moment of the action! Tune in to twitter for all the "REPORTS" and "FILED TO BSPN" madness!!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
IMO situations are completely different. Deciding to lock up Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancelor, Earl Thomas, Rob Gonkowski, Jordy Nelson, etc. is different those guys were really good and consistently played at an pro bowl level under their rookie contract. Rams have only had the opportunity to make that type of decision once and they did it Rob Quin and will probably do it as early as next season for Donald.

Jenks didn't play with any sort of consistency until his contract year a deal didn't really make sense for either side because the rams were unsure if they wanted to invest in a guy who was so inconsistent and on Jenks end he knew he could increase his value with a good year AKA clamp season. Same goes for Rodney to a lesser extent

Yeah maybe, maybe they tried and neither would play last offseason. I'd think we'd had been able to resign both for cheaper then what they signed today for if it was done a year ago. But who knows. All I know is right now we have 4 vacant starting positions with Barron and Hayes still undecided. Also, another pick from the coveted RG3 trade is now gone... this trade should have been the start of a playoff team if done correctly. I don't know, I understand what you're saying but some how I feel like the front office failed some where along the line.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 53]Screenshot_2016-03-09-13-11-05 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM[/GALLERY]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[GALLERY=media, 53]Screenshot_2016-03-09-13-11-05 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM[/GALLERY]
Apparently Brock didn't want to be bullied while buying pizza in Denver, by the many pizza thugs.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Hoyer will probably get cut and there's guys like Kaep and Griffin for just a contract. No way Broncos go the Keenum route.

Status
Not open for further replies.