The next “Stafford Trade”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In 2021 the Rams broke the NFL when they traded two 1st’s and Goff for Matt Stafford. The move worked beautifully as the Rams won the 2021-2022 Superbowl.

In 2022 the Broncos made their version of “the Stafford trade” sending two 1st’s and two 2nd’s for Wussell Wilson.

This year… Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson are rumored to be available for multiple 1st rounders +.

Does either of them get traded? Would you do it?

Stafford worked.

Wilson, so far, hasn’t worked out.

What do you think? Do we see a Stafford-like trade this year?

tempests

Hall of Fame
In 2022 the Broncos made their version of “the Stafford trade” sending two 1st’s and two 2nd’s for Wussell Wilson.

Browns with DeShaun Watson too.

This year… Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson are rumored to be available for multiple 1st rounders +.

Does either of them get traded? Would you do it?

Aaron will get traded if there's a destination to his liking. Whoever is trading for him is probably signing up for a one year run at a title. It makes sense for the Packers, not sure it does for the team trading for him though. I'd be stunned if Lamar was traded.
What do you think? Do we see a Stafford-like trade this year?
Rodgers, and Derek Carr, could be on the move. Hard to say if they would be good trades though, without knowing where they'll end up. I don't think many GMs and franchises have the guts to swing for the fences like the Rams did.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Green Bay is F’—K’d. They won’t get much for Rogers. He will be an AZZ if they hold him out???
He will be this year because of LOVE of the QB.

The Wilson trade ALEX Smuth said on air The Russell Wilson trade will go down as THE WORST trade in NFL HISTORY!!
RG111(LMAO)(Greg Robinson) sort of defended WUSSELL.

The Rams trade ?? I don’t know about The Rams. The Rams (Snead & Mcvay) always surprise me & wonder what’s up.

The Rams(Mcvay) really did well with Baker Mayfield.As much as I wonder about a lot of moves.Goff vs Stafford vs. draft picks & salary cap for those players. Example PHILLY? Even the 8ers franchise ?(DUMB M’FER LUCKY SOB) the worst trade up draft pick with Tre lance.

How would Mcvay do with say Jalen Hurt of Fields. Rams could have had them both ? I mean those were players to circle. Humpries & Creed. Johnathan Taylor. Sign Trent Williams & McCaffery ? The Rams had deals in place ,but got out bid as other examples.

Love Von Miller,OBJ & Eric Weedle. To think it was Stafford?
Yes - Cooper Kupp,but if Bobby Tree’s was still healthy & didn’t get hurt the day after OBJ signing.Then again TayyRapo getting hurts was a blessing & Fuller still sat out 2022.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Browns with DeShaun Watson too.

Aaron will get traded if there's a destination to his liking. Whoever is trading for him is probably signing up for a one year run at a title. It makes sense for the Packers, not sure it does for the team trading for him though. I'd be stunned if Lamar was traded.

Rodgers, and Derek Carr, could be on the move. Hard to say if they would be good trades though, without knowing where they'll end up. I don't think many GMs and franchises have the guts to swing for the fences like the Rams did.

GOOD STUFF!!

IMO Lamar is a Franchise Killer!! Like I said on another post with Rogers to the Jets(have to let him go) & Brady both HOF players going to OC’s they both know like McDaniels with the Raiders.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Watson trade, only makes The Rams & Mcvay look like champs with Baker Mayfield.

Funny how bad of a mistake & what the Watson deal did to the Browns franchise. Disgusting!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have doubts Rogers can be what he was a few years ago. But I think he'd be better than Wilson was. With the right team he can win plenty of games with his experience and knowledge. Jackson is not reliable as far as health. The risk of a running quarterback. Between the two I'd take Rogers.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Carr seems like the better bet for someone to trade for. They can't really ask for much seeing as they benched him. I think he is a really good QB and maybe Tampa, miami, colts, Houston, Giant. Washington could swing it and be much improved.

For Rodgers, if it isn't Tampa or Miami he probably isn't going.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally don't think harbaugh has a long enough leash to want to start over at QB. People wanted him gone in Baltimore until Lamar caught fire and they made the playoffs. Same for the beginning of the next season. Then they rattled off 12 to 14 wins in a row.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Lamar to Washington
Rodgers to the Jets
Carr to Tennessee
Tannehill to Indy
Baker to Baltimore
Brady to Las Vegas
Garappolo to Tampa Bay

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders have to make a move on Carr sooner than later, his contract guarantees on 2/15.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Carr seems like the better bet for someone to trade for. They can't really ask for much seeing as they benched him. I think he is a really good QB and maybe Tampa, miami, colts, Houston, Giant. Washington could swing it and be much improved.

For Rodgers, if it isn't Tampa or Miami he probably isn't going.
I never understood why a lot of people can be so down on Carr. I always thought he was pretty good. Not elite or anything like that. He's not gonna turn a .500 team into a championship team. I think he could take a decent team like Miami and make them a stronger contender. Of course so would Rogers.

oldnotdead

Legend
Carr is better than most realize. IMO the problem with the Raiders has been coaching. In the right system with the right coach Carr can be a very good QB. Pairing Frank Reich and Carr in Carolina makes sense. Carr simply needs a HC and OC that will play to his strengths. Back in the day Norv Turner would have loved Carr.

What I'm saying is that Carr has talent that is reminiscent of Philip Rivers. A strong run game taking deep shots downfield. That is Carr's offense.

Name
Jack L Burgin
Green Bay is F’—K’d. They won’t get much for Rogers. He will be an AZZ if they hold him out???
He will be this year because of LOVE of the QB.

The Wilson trade ALEX Smuth said on air The Russell Wilson trade will go down as THE WORST trade in NFL HISTORY!!
RG111(LMAO)(Greg Robinson) sort of defended WUSSELL.

The Rams trade ?? I don’t know about The Rams. The Rams (Snead & Mcvay) always surprise me & wonder what’s up.

The Rams(Mcvay) really did well with Baker Mayfield.As much as I wonder about a lot of moves.Goff vs Stafford vs. draft picks & salary cap for those players. Example PHILLY? Even the 8ers franchise ?(DUMB M’FER LUCKY SOB) the worst trade up draft pick with Tre lance.

How would Mcvay do with say Jalen Hurt of Fields. Rams could have had them both ? I mean those were players to circle. Humpries & Creed. Johnathan Taylor. Sign Trent Williams & McCaffery ? The Rams had deals in place ,but got out bid as other examples.

Love Von Miller,OBJ & Eric Weedle. To think it was Stafford?
Yes - Cooper Kupp,but if Bobby Tree’s was still healthy & didn’t get hurt the day after OBJ signing.Then again TayyRapo getting hurts was a blessing & Fuller still sat out 2022.
Hurts is ok, but still leaves a bit to be desired. Fields HELL NO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And then Washington trades Sam Howell to the Rams for a 5th round pick thus making @Memento the happiest Ram fan around

Hey, that means we have a solid young backup quarterback who has potential! Make it so! It's like me wanting Jalen Ramsey before we traded for him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lamar to Washington
Rodgers to the Jets
Carr to Tennessee
Tannehill to Indy
Baker to Baltimore
Brady to Las Vegas
Garappolo to Tampa Bay
Holy shit. I can see almost all of that happening. We'll done.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hey, that means we have a solid young backup quarterback who has potential! Make it so! It's like me wanting Jalen Ramsey before we traded for him.
Ramsey was already great when the Rams acquired him. I’d bet Howell could be a better backup than what the Rams have now.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Is it too insane to say that he was the better QB in his only start and got the win against Dak?

I liked what I saw of him, though yes they didn't ask him to do a whole lot.