1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Name Dropping Thread

Discussion in 'OFF TOPIC' started by Prime Time, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Prime Time RODerator

Ever meet anyone famous?

Got to thinking about this while reading an article about Muhammad Ali recently. I got to shake hands and have a brief conversation with him while I was a journalism student at San Jose State and he was giving a speech. This was around 1970 if my memory is correct.

He was gracious and extremely funny. There was a drunk in the audience who came forward and challenged him to a fight. As he staggered up to him, Ali did his usual bobbing and weaving and said "That's one crazy white boy" while the crowd laughed.

I took a night class in songwriting from Paul Simon while at San Jose State. He was a guest lecturer that night and I got to spend some time with him afterwards.

Most of you will not know who Bob Gaudio is but he was a member of the Four Seasons and wrote "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Walk Like A Man," "Dawn," "Rag Doll," and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You." He was my substitute teacher for a while in grammar school."

LazyWinker, RamFan503 and SierraRam like this.
  2. Thread Status: You only have permission to view the first post in this thread.