The Media

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
So while all the media is saying how our team is basically screwed this season, I think we still have a shot at being decent. Our team is looking pretty damn good outside the QB position, and I think we all can remember how competitive we were with Clemens last year.

We've still got a good chance here so I'm not giving up one bit. Here's to the Rams going out and proving the media haters wrong.

P.S. - There's something good about when no one is giving you a chance. I think that inspires teams to do even better. Think of the Seattle game in STL last year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think we see 8 in the box a lot, basically the same fronts we saw when SJ was here,Britt and Qucik should have a field day

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I want to be hopefull but ill have to see how they play with Hill in game one..

Simba

Rookie
We need really good defense and an offense not point-machine (obviuosly without Bradford this isn't possible), but able to controll the watch (it's not important if we score a little, very important is to give rest for our defense).With a short score we can beat everybody.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think some of you, as well as the media are selling Shaun Hill short. While admittedly, he has never played an entire 16 game schedule, this guy can play. The biggest difference in his game compared to Bradford's is arm strength. But that doesn't mean Hill can't make the throws. What he lacks in arm strength, he more than makes up for in experience and knowing where to go with the ball. He may throw a few more interceptions, but he will also trust his receivers, and makes throws that Bradford was hesitant to make. Example, the TD pass to Bailey in the New Orleans Preseason game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think some of you, as well as the media are selling Shaun Hill short. While admittedly, he has never played an entire 16 game schedule, this guy can play. The biggest difference in his game compared to Bradford's is arm strength. But that doesn't mean Hill can't make the throws. What he lacks in arm strength, he more than makes up for in experience and knowing where to go with the ball. He may throw a few more interceptions, but he will also trust his receivers, and makes throws that Bradford was hesitant to make. Example, the TD pass to Bailey in the New Orleans Preseason game.

If Quick and Britt fight for the passes like they have been thus far, they are the perfect WRs for his throwing style. TA and Cook underneath could be just as scary. What I really like about Hill is his decision making. It seems he reads the coverage and knows before the snap where he will probably be going. He drops back, going through his reads as he's dropping back, and releases.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I sure hope you are right coach

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
In 2009 and 2010 the Jets reached the conference finals with a run first scheme, and they had as QB Mark "the butt fumble" Sanchez.

Our defense has improved and Shaun Hill is experienced, then, yes, we can go to the Playoffs this year.
I'm a HUGE fan of Sam B., I have hopes he comes back next year and take us to the Super Bowl.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If Quick and Britt fight for the passes like they have been thus far, they are the perfect WRs for his throwing style. TA and Cook underneath could be just as scary. What I really like about Hill is his decision making. It seems he reads the coverage and knows before the snap where he will probably be going. He drops back, going through his reads as he's dropping back, and releases.
I see Cook being used much more on seam routes as he was in the New Orleans preseason game. Hill hit him for a 20+ yard gain between the LB and Safety. AS I said, he can make the throws.

And you are dead on, with Quick and Britt, and eventually Bailey, they will be fine.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I do think they will scour the cut list after this weekend, and look to bring in a better backup. The one guy who gets another life in this whole thing is Austin Davis. Trust me, he was on his way out the door, and may not have even survived today's initial cuts.

For now, he has a reprieve, and needs to make a case on Thursday to be kept around.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I see Cook being used much more on seam routes as he was in the New Orleans preseason game. Hill hit him for a 20+ yard gain between the LB and Safety. AS I said, he can make the throws.

And you are dead on, with Quick and Britt, and eventually Bailey, they will be fine.

Damn, I forgot about Bailey. Good point. They're fine.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just another thought regarding the passing game...I haven't seen too many drops this preseason. Those killed us early last year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree. Hill has pretty good touch, and can throw the long pass. I think he is still better than several starting QBs in the league - though a little long in the tooth. Can't expect him to get the kind of zip on his passes like Sam but he throws a very catchable ball and as long as our receivers work to win the catch, we should be in pretty decent shape. BQ is starting to look to win the match-ups and I like what I saw from Britt in the same vein. Sted gets it and IMO has the potential to be a Steve Smith type without the dickhead attitude.

I also think we will see a few more INTs but it is not like Hill is a turn-over machine either. He's also not slow a foot even though he is a pocket passer. He knows when to run and when to get rid of the ball. He's not flashy but he is a pretty solid football player.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just another thought regarding the passing game...I haven't seen too many drops this preseason. Those killed us early last year.

Givens. He's a drop machine. I haven't looked it up, but I'm going with it.

Seems Cook might have dropped a few too.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We are going to be a team everyone expects to beat (not that they will) but no one wants to play.

Dick84

If.... *if* Hill can just produce at his career rate.... and stays healthy... the Rams will have a winning season.
I just think that a moderate improvement over KC last season.. .as well as the maturation and additions on this team will get them over the 500 hump.

fearsomefour

Legend
Exactly the throw I pointed out in another thread. He will gamble more and now has the receivers to gamble with.