The "Here We Go Again" Attitude

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HometownBoy said:
TexRamFan said:
RamFan503 said:
I really get the frustration here. I am just going to say that Sam showed frustration that I really would expect. And IMO, his frustration was that he looked at the same shyte that isn't working and is being forced to try to fit a size 12 foot in a size six shoe. He can look at it and know it ain't gonna fit. THAT was obvious. And again IMO - This offense doesn't fit these players. Spread it the freak out, throw in some changes in tempo, or find someone who will. Pretty clear Sam wanted to throw the playbook on the ground. Maybe that would have brought home the point a bit.

I couldnt have put it much better. Well said.

Although I wish he would pull an Aaron Rodgers and go off on Schotty the way Rodgers did on McCarthy.

Rodgers is a Super Bowl winner and has consistently been in the tops of every QB category since he became the Packers starting QB.

When he says something, it has merit, it has depth, people actually listen.

Sam Bradford doesn't even have half as much, if he went off he'd more than likely be immediately accused of being a diva, not a team player, selfish etc etc.

Unfortunately to be able to act on your frustrations in the NFL you need to have proven something, doesn't matter if you've never been put in the wheel house to prove it.

I hear you and I agree. I just wish someone would go off on Schotty. I will hold off hope Fisher is doing it behind closed doors today.....

iced

TexRamFan said:
iced said:
X said:
This is why animated gifs are the devil. We're able to now discern that he's not a leader because we get a cursory look at a 2 second clip of him with a book. Maybe if we saw the other 2 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds of his interactions on the sidelines, we might get a better understanding of his attitude last night. But probably not even then.

I've seen Manning in adverse situations like that. I've seen him call out his own center on the sidelines when it wasn't even his center's fault that the game was going south. Let's try not to draw parallels based on an animated gif, because nothing good can come of that and nobody here is a mindreader.

i think this has more to do with Leadership than Gifs.

It's no secret, especially if you listened to the game, that Laurinitias had the Defense fired up and ready to rock..As well as Chris Long. And in between drives, they were walking up and down the side line, pumping up the D...

I think that's the difference - it's obvious we have leadership on D, many question where it comes from on offense.. the players say it's Sam, but I don't see the communication/interaction one should have after struggling like they did... Hell after so many 3 & out's I would have expected the offense to be in other's faces, trying to fix the shyte...not just sitting on the bench waiting for the offense to come out again

Did you notice how Mayock said last night that JL55 and Chris Long along with an unknown player on Special Teams all held private player only meetings this week to discuss what is going on, yet he mentioned nothing about the offense? As if they offense didn't even get together? Now he could of just forgot to mention this, but is still makes me wonder.

Along with the tell tale signs of what is going on the sidelines, what really bothers me is the body language of that offense especially in the second half. They were just going through the motions. The 3rd quarter was just miserable. Snap, quick throw, drop or overthrow. Repeat 3 time and punt.

That is what gets to me and I think that has to do with leadership and someone saying "this is enough, let's man up and get this done". Leaders do that in different ways. You can be a silent leader who leads by actions or you can be an emotional leader who expresses frustrations, yells and commands. I don't care what kind of leader you are. But if it is Sam this has to be a concern because no matter how much talent you have and no matter how much you "work on things" at practice, you have no hope turning around a losing franchise without some leadership skills.

where'd you hear that?

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
HometownBoy said:
TexRamFan said:
RamFan503 said:
I really get the frustration here. I am just going to say that Sam showed frustration that I really would expect. And IMO, his frustration was that he looked at the same shyte that isn't working and is being forced to try to fit a size 12 foot in a size six shoe. He can look at it and know it ain't gonna fit. THAT was obvious. And again IMO - This offense doesn't fit these players. Spread it the freak out, throw in some changes in tempo, or find someone who will. Pretty clear Sam wanted to throw the playbook on the ground. Maybe that would have brought home the point a bit.

Although I wish he would pull an Aaron Rodgers and go off on Schotty the way Rodgers did on McCarthy.

Rodgers is a Super Bowl winner and has consistently been in the tops of every QB category since he became the Packers starting QB.

Sam Bradford doesn't even have half as much, if he went off he'd more than likely be immediately accused of being a diva, not a team player, selfish etc etc.

Unfortunately to be able to act on your frustrations in the NFL you need to have proven something, doesn't matter if you've never been put in the wheel house to prove it.

Sam's done "enough" to apparently warrant a contract extension though. At this point what does the guy have to lose ? ANOTHER OC? So what. If he gets viewed as a diva and the team still sucks, then its on him. If he thinks he's good enough to overcome that then why not go off and back his talk by walking the walk. Stop being a victim and go out and make shit happen

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
raised_fisT said:
HometownBoy said:
TexRamFan said:
RamFan503 said:

Sam's done "enough" to apparently warrant a contract extension though. At this point what does the guy have to lose ? ANOTHER OC? So what. If he gets viewed as a diva and the team still sucks, then its on him. If he thinks he's good enough to overcome that then why not go off and back his talk by walking the walk. Stop being a victim and go out and make shit happen

He has a career to lose actually, the NFL doesn't like prima donnas, and he'll risk hindering himself and the team with another big ass distraction that they don't need. Not to mention he risks losing the trust of people in the organization, if he'll go off on Schott's, what's to stop him from going off on me if I start not to make it. Seeds of distrust can take own a team faster than any crappy OC.

If things don't work out for Sam with the Rams, then now he has this fiasco hanging over him while guys are looking at him and thinking about him as some guy who'll throw a temper tantrum when things don't work out.

I'm just as mad about Crappenheimer as you, but Sam's thinking in terms of his livelihood, while you're thinking in terms of just the Rams and your fandom.

They don't really compare.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: The "Here We Go Again" Attitude

Graphicker said:
What does our attitude towards our team matters? Non of the high praises nor expectations with positive attitude worked.

This isn't a5th grade whose doing bad in school and needs positive reinforcement. These are millionaires being paid a lot of money

to win games. These are elite athletes out there. Our attitude literally means zero as we can't tell them a thing and they don't care about

our opinions. These are grown men putting up a crappy effort week in and out with no hope of finding a solution.

If I were to do this crappy in my job(trucking company-dispatcher) my ass would be in the streets.

There is no sense of urgency or desperation in this team, Sam Bradford looks like he want's a freaking wanna get a way southwest airline commercial. WE SUCK..

What is me going all patty cake going to do for this team? Other than temper my anger, Anger in which I unleash to the people I love the most :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not for the players it's for the common courtesy of some of us posters that don't wanna read through the rage and name calling.

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
TexRamFan said:
iced said:
X said:
This is why animated gifs are the devil. We're able to now discern that he's not a leader because we get a cursory look at a 2 second clip of him with a book. Maybe if we saw the other 2 hours, 59 minutes and 58 seconds of his interactions on the sidelines, we might get a better understanding of his attitude last night. But probably not even then.

I've seen Manning in adverse situations like that. I've seen him call out his own center on the sidelines when it wasn't even his center's fault that the game was going south. Let's try not to draw parallels based on an animated gif, because nothing good can come of that and nobody here is a mindreader.

i think this has more to do with Leadership than Gifs.

It's no secret, especially if you listened to the game, that Laurinitias had the Defense fired up and ready to rock..As well as Chris Long. And in between drives, they were walking up and down the side line, pumping up the D...

I think that's the difference - it's obvious we have leadership on D, many question where it comes from on offense.. the players say it's Sam, but I don't see the communication/interaction one should have after struggling like they did... Hell after so many 3 & out's I would have expected the offense to be in other's faces, trying to fix the shyte...not just sitting on the bench waiting for the offense to come out again

Did you notice how Mayock said last night that JL55 and Chris Long along with an unknown player on Special Teams all held private player only meetings this week to discuss what is going on, yet he mentioned nothing about the offense? As if they offense didn't even get together? Now he could of just forgot to mention this, but is still makes me wonder.

Along with the tell tale signs of what is going on the sidelines, what really bothers me is the body language of that offense especially in the second half. They were just going through the motions. The 3rd quarter was just miserable. Snap, quick throw, drop or overthrow. Repeat 3 time and punt.

That is what gets to me and I think that has to do with leadership and someone saying "this is enough, let's man up and get this done". Leaders do that in different ways. You can be a silent leader who leads by actions or you can be an emotional leader who expresses frustrations, yells and commands. I don't care what kind of leader you are. But if it is Sam this has to be a concern because no matter how much talent you have and no matter how much you "work on things" at practice, you have no hope turning around a losing franchise without some leadership skills.

where'd you hear that?

Mike Mayock on NFL network talked about it during the game last night