The Goff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
He wasn't here when they drafted Goff. It's not 100% his decision. also who are they going to replace goff with?

there isn't anyone out there so not like mcvay could do anything else about it anyway.

if goff has another bad game i think they should bench him for a series or 2. could motivate goff. some one once said the best motivater for a player is ass on bench. plus it would let us know what we have for a backup. also i seem to remember a grocery store shelf stocker that no one thought was any good turning out pretty good.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
And frankly, we can all agree, his game didnt step up....
YET
His game hasnt stepped up YET
I am still confident it will.

Yup. Dude just turned 26. Could you imagine if the Colts were done with Manning after the 2002 season?

Goff has SHOWN that he isn't just another QB. He has shown that he can be elite in the NFL. Whether or not he returns to his 2017 and 2018 form, who knows... but I'm going to root for the kid until we find out either way.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
You brought up passer rating, highlighting that Goff has 7 games over 95 and that's "winning football." I'm just showing you an overview of his entire year in 2020. His 23rd ranked passer rating isn't winning football. And Goff missed a wide open Henderson for a TD yesterday late in the 4th qtr...would that have helped his passer rating? Driving down the field with 2:30 left and throwing a TD to win the game...would that have helped his passer rating? Instead he missed two throws on a potential game winning drive and gave the ball back to SF who drove down and won the game.

Here are the top 3 rated QBs in QBR. Mahomes, Rogers, Brees.. None of them are running QBs.

Using 7-4 as a "Goff" stat is funny, wins are a team stat and Goff has a top 10 rushing attack and the #2 rated defense in the NFL. QB stats are QB stats. Both the QB stats and film show Goff isn't playing well this year.

fuck it, you win, he sucks

No further replies to you, bro...my time is too valuable for getting in the middle of your meltdown

I’m on this board for recreation and this is not fun.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
if goff has another bad game i think they should bench him for a series or 2. could motivate goff. some one once said the best motivater for a player is ass on bench. plus it would let us know what we have for a backup. also i seem to remember a grocery store shelf stocker that no one thought was any good turning out pretty good.
I def believe they should consider atleast getting competition for Goff. It will motivate him if he is really lacking it. I feel he must be in that comfy spot where he feels like he isn’t replaceable. That may change if you lit a fire under his ass to get him going.

MachS

Hall of Fame
fuck it, you win, he sucks

No further replies to you, bro...my time is too valuable for getting in the middle of your meltdown

Dude what are you talking about lol.. you're the one that used passer rating to say he's playing well. His is 23rd in the league, that's bad. You're the one that said QBR favors running QBs. I showed you the top 3 and none of them are running QBs.

Disagreeing with you and providing evidence to support my point is a meltdown? Yikes

TexasRam

Legend
I agree but I also agree with the posters that allude to how Goff prepares week to week. The reason Goff has these clunker games-and for some reason more this year-is how he is preparing for games. Even McVay alluded to it after Goff’s poor performance in the Miami game.

It’s clear to me that it’s a preparation issue when he has these wild swings in play over the course of the year. Guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Roethlisberger and Rogers can go off script and could probably get away with not being as precise or as reliant on a game plan due to their physical talents.

However, guys like Manning, Brady and Goff need to be precise and know the game plan inside and out as they don’t have the ability to win a game if they have to count on their physical abilities to “make a play happen”.

I think Goff can be better than he has been and still have faith that he is a solid QB. Hopefully he realizes that with his lack of improvisation abilities that his level of weekly preparation needs to match that of a Brady or Manning. And also, after 5 years can he at least learn to move around in the pocket “a little” , keep his eyes downfield and find the open receiver?

We have too many weapons on this team for Goff to stand back there as long as he does and not find the open man. Time to “live” in the film room son.

That’s pretty disingenuous. Saying Goff didn’t prepare is a false narrative. Please provide the video where Mcvay said this. I watch every video they post and do not remember Mcvay ever saying this.

Sometimes defenses are great and cover everything up. That is not on the QB. The fumble and bad passes are, but that is not “preparation”.

TexasRam

Legend
I am not sure what is going on with Goff, but there is something either Mental or Physical going on with him. So many of his throws are just WAY off. His deep throws have just completely gone to Shit. He used to throw a very accurate deep ball, but now he is missing guys by 10 yards. And he is missing guys badly on intermediate routes as well.

I don't know if it is a hand injury, a loss of confidence, Battered-QB syndrome, a case of the Yips, too much partying, Sex legs or what.

Unfortunately, human beings go through real struggles; and for a variety of reasons. Some of which take time to conquer. His huge paychecks don't make him immune to those struggles no matter how much we think they should. It is easy, as fans, to shit on players when they struggle, but I truly hope they get it figured out and fixed in a hurry. When he is right, he is good enough to win a couple of Super Bowls, but right now, he is bad.
Except for literally a week ago when he outplayed the GOAT to the tune of 350+ yards and 3 TDs vs a top 5 defense.

Fake news.

TexasRam

Legend
He did - that's why I said wins and losses are a TEAM stat and not a QB stat.

Goff's decline began in week 13 of the 2018 season against Detroit. A game in which Gurley was great and Cooks was fully healthy, and it was 2018 so I'm assuming that's what you meant by better coaching?

Since then Goff has had some good games - but that's when the inconsistency began and became a trend - Detroit, Chicago, Dallas (playoff game), New England, Carolina, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, SF, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas, SF, Miami, SF

This is roughly half the games during this span that Goff has not been good enough in. Some of these games we won, but that doesn't mean he played well. Some of these defenses are great. Some of these games we were on a short week vs a team off a bye.

But this is 15 out of the last 34 games that Goff has played poorly. By poorly, that's going to change for some people, but for me with Goff it's an eye test thing mixed with stats. He was either inaccurate, turned the ball over too much, or the offense sputtered too much in all of these games.

So while you say even great QBs shit the bed sometimes - I agree - but I think there are some of us that are fed up with 10-15 (depending on your standards) out of the last 34.
Fake news.

Goff was 2nd in the NFL in passing yards with maybe the worst Oline in football and no running game. The two years before he led the top offense in the NFL.

Goff has a better TD to interception ratio then hall of famers Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

Goff just outplayed Wilson and the Goat in back to back weeks.

Facts are stronger than your made up subjective Goff good and bad games.

Ellard80

Legend
Fake news.

Goff was 2nd in the NFL in passing yards with maybe the worst Oline in football and no running game. The two years before he led the top offense in the NFL.

Goff has a better TD to interception ratio then hall of famers Brett Favre and Kurt Warner.

Goff just outplayed Wilson and the Goat in back to back weeks.

Facts are stronger than your made up subjective Goff good and bad games.

the comic irony of this post is profound.

You calling one dudes narrative false when yours is every bit as subjective if not more.

So Goff had a good year last year because he was 2nd in passing yards? He is comparable to farve and warner? really?

bro.. lol

I think goff can turn it around but he has regressed lately.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A refresher

Week 11 Rams 27- Bucs 24

Week 12 Chiefs 27-Bucs 24

I have a better refresher with a bigger sample size.
49ers last 7 games
3 wins and 4 losses
2 wins against our Rams.
outscored 144-74 in the 4 losses
That’s 35 plus points per game against their so called great defense. Not buying it
We managed 29 total points in the 2 losses. McVay and Goff should produce that in their sleep.

TexasRam

Legend
OMG someone actually gets it...

It’s a great point. Stats and wins are entirely dependent on the team. That is 100% true and I make the point all the time.

But for those that want to live in the imaginary world of stats I will counter with wins to argue at that level.

People thought it was a great idea to run Martz and Warner out of town since Warner was “off” and then Martz was “ figured out”.

Until 2017 with Goff and Mcvay the Rams went 13 seasons without a playoff game.

People apparently forget what the Linehan or Case Keenum years were like.

I don’t. Those years sucked.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I mistaken or were the Rams not trailing Buffalo 32-3 at the half?

That's not correct. And please don't try and claim that Goff was anything less than great in that game. It's just a bad argument.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a great point. Stats and wins are entirely dependent on the team. That is 100% true and I make the point all the time.

But for those that want to live in the imaginary world of stats I will counter with wins to argue at that level.

People thought it was a great idea to run Martz and Warner out of town since Warner was “off” and then Martz was “ figured out”.

Until 2017 with Goff and Mcvay the Rams went 13 seasons without a playoff game.

People apparently forget what the Linehan or Case Keenum years were like.

I don’t. Those years sucked.
I’m constantly blown away how fans of a team that sucked for 13 years could be so unhappy while we’re 7-4 and likely to make the playoffs a 4th straight year and want to run the first decent qb we’ve had since bulger? Out of town because he’s not Patrick Mahomes

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
My god man please come back to reality for all of our sake.
Your knowledge of Football is lacking bro. You should know by now if you are watching the games that Goff gets a play with 15 seconds left and barely gets the dam thing off. Why do you think we have these time out problems and last second snaps.

You are living in an imaginary world if you think Goff has time to audible every play like Manning.

Mcvay took the play call blame on himself in the post conference in case you didn’t watch it.

But I am sure the unblocked rushers are Goffs fault.

Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.