The Goff Excuse Thread Competition.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I watched him last year playing in Fisher's offense and Goff couldn't single-handedly pull miracles out of his ass.

I've only been watching football since 1968, and as an amateur, I was fooled into thinking that if he can't be a one-man show quarterback get the hell off of my field!

Goff had the best support system surrounding him I ever saw last year with the amazing 1980s Fisher offense and known quarterback wiz developer's like the famous tight end Coach Rob Boras.

I just figured that if Goff failed last year it was entirely all on him
. :D

fixed it for ya
train

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared goff sucks ... you only have to see what happened last season when he replaced that baller Case Keemun ..he got lucky this game and he will go back to being the sucky guy he was when he replaced the great Case Keemun

- Case Keenum

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Jared goff sucks ... you only have to see what happened last season when he replaced that baller Case Keemun ..he got lucky this game and he will go back to being the sucky guy he was when he replaced the great Case Keemun

- Case Keenum
Case Keenum is much too cool to even think that.... much less say it.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think someone missed the point of this thread
These are the days of the internet where someone will pick up your quote just to mislead people.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't think Case Keenum would appreciate people putting those words in his mouth.

Here;
"The Rams should go with Sean Mannion over Jared Goff".

-Eric Dickerson.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are the days of the internet where someone will pick up your quote just to mislead people.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't think Case Keenum would appreciate people putting those words in his mouth.

Here;
"The Rams should go with Sean Mannion over Jared Goff".

Eric Dickerson.

Oh because for real someone in espn is gonna read this thread and go

"Oooo mr ukram said Case said this imma print it as fact .. I smell a Pulitzer "

The difference is Dickerson is an ex ram a HOFer who actually said that or words to that affect .. where there's me an English guy who knows more about this game than I have a right to ...posting shit on a chat forum in a fun pisstaking thread .. get over it dude I don't think Case gives a fuck what I said he said or what I've said about him in the past (and it was a lot worse than that )

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here are a few excuses from the Raiders crowd: To sum it up, the Raiders defense is awful that's why Goff and the Rams offense played so well. Btw it's Kurt Warner, not Curt Warner dumbasses!
https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11252&start=15

JFC this D is trash. Right down the field for a TD on the opening drive. Made one of the worst O's in the NFL look like N. England...
----------
If our defense makes Jared Goff look good, imagine what Tom Brady is going to do?!
-----------
This shit D is the only one Goff could go 7-8...
-----------
Curt Warner. Bruce, Holt, Marshall Faulk are shredding this D....
----------
Good thing for the defense they are playing against the worst starting QB from last season or things could get embaressing.
----------
Is that really Jarred Goff? Looks like Tom Brady to me.
-----------
Warner with a short pass gets the 1st...
-----------
Johnny Manziel could revive his career against this D
----------
Cooper Kupp making Carrie his bitch
------------
LMFAO. Warner another 1st down passing....
----------
Greatest Show on Turf V2.0
----------
Oh look. Trent Green is now in the game for the Rams.
----------
Thank God they took Curt Warner out of the game.
-----------
TD Rams to take a late lead behind the legend QB Sean Manion.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, this post is not a joke. It happened exactly as I am posting it on a very recent recap through NFL Total Access LIVE, with host Cole Wright and commentators Heath Evans and Shaun O'hara. For context, remember a red faced Heath Evans railed about the insignificant playing time Goff had vs the Cowboys for HIS judgement last week. What follows today are exact quotes, which I paused and rewound a few times to make sure I got it verbatim.

Cole Wright @ColeWrightNFL:
"Remember, he was the first overall pick in 2016, first quarter to Cooper Kupp!" (TD throw to Kupp)

Shawn O'Hara @ShawnOHara60:
"Whew! I see you Coop!"

Cole Wright:
"We're gonna see a lot of that, something tells me..."

Heath Evans @HeathEvans44:
"What, busted coverages in the backfield?" (chortles)

Cole Wright:
"I think we're talkin' about Goff to Kupp...finished 16-20, 160 yards and a touchdown"

Immediately after this conversation, there are six graphics/posters headlined "Notable Performances from Saturday"
Six Quarterbacks, none of which are named Goff...
Dak Prescott: 7-8, 108yds,TD
Matthew Stafford, 8-110, 84 yds, TD
Aaron Rodgers, 6-8, 37 yds, TD
Tom Brady, 6-9, 67 yds, TD
Derek Carr, 100 yds, 2 TD, INT
Kirk Cousins, 14-23, 144 yds, TD

This tells you what we will get from most on the NFL Network. Evans obviously didn't really watch the play in question, where Sammy Watkins ran a more shallow route than Kupp, but very similar to it..Two defenders followed Watkins and none respected Kupp enough to cover him. Touchdown. Just screw Heath Eavns, that sorry Sonofa...I am going to blow that Motherfreaker up on twitter as soon as this posts!

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Cole Wright @ColeWrightNFL:
"Remember, he was the first overall pick in 2016, first quarter to Cooper Kupp!" (TD throw to Kupp)

Shawn O'Hara @ShawnOHara60:
"Whew! I see you Coop!"

Cole Wright:
"We're gonna see a lot of that, something tells me..."

Heath Evans @HeathEvans44:
"What, busted coverages in the backfield?" (chortles)

Cole Wright:
"I think we're talkin' about Goff to Kupp...finished 16-20, 160 yards and a touchdown"

I saw that, too LoyalRam. Heath Evans is such a snarky c#nt douchebag -- he's retired now, so I can't wish a torn ACL upon him. But I can still wish he suffers a bowel obstruction or some other painful and embarrassing digestive affliction (and the flareup occurs LIVE on TV).

And yeah -- that "notables" board was a joke. 16/20, 160yds 1 TD just ain't cutting it, apparently. Unless you're Tom Brady -- where 67yds is good enough to get a mention.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, here we go...No need for fake attributions anymore, when the real thing will do...This morning Keyshawn is still not buying Jared Goff.."He was game planned for success, while the Raiders didn't do that..." He didn't say squat about Gurley's almost 5 yard per carry average..How much "game planning" was involved with that, Key? They brought some chick expert whose name I don't know, that did say that Goff had a different air of confidence about him. Both Key and she were also not buying Cooper Kupp...lol....My God....

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
We are going to get a lot of that all year........it's going to be great to watch them all eat they're words.

Progression...something like this:

1. "It's just preseason, we will see what Goff and the Rams do in the Regular season."
2. " Doesn't matter the Rams just beat the Cowboys and are undefeated. They have played a lot of bad defenses so far. Wait until Goff gets tested. Then we will know what he is made of."
3. "Wait until Goff has to play Seattle's defense. Then we will know."
4. "Wait until they play Seattle again....no way Goff does that again.... the Seahawks know what to expect now."
5. "They are not as good as they're record ... we will see how Goff and the Rams do in the playoffs"
6. "I don't care if they're in the Superbowl......WAIT!!!! Lmao I'm getting a little a head of myself.;)

Note: sorry I don't know how to use blue font...so insert blue font where ever...lol

Go Rams...... ;)

RamWoodie

Legend
I said it before and I think this is a fair assessment in my mind:

*Goff demonstrated command of the offense. As I've been watching him...that was the first time he seemed to do that effectively.

* Mannion is the one who struggled early...but turned it around nicely as the 2nd half progressed.

* Way too early to be jumping on Watkins. Yes...his attempt on that missed TD pass wasn't all out...but it's one game with Goff.

There's more to come folks...BUT...give Goff his props for the game...he did very well and threw some very nice passes.

Has he turned the corner? Maybe...but more games are coming.

I bet he understands how the system at Cal short-change him in understanding NFL offenses!

I wasn't a fan of the Goff pick myself...but I give the guy credit...he played well...and next week is another test...(y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Ok, here we go...No need for fake attributions anymore, when the real thing will do...This morning Keyshawn is still not buying Jared Goff.."He was game planned for success, while the Raiders didn't do that..." He didn't say squat about Gurley's almost 5 yard per carry average..How much "game planning" was involved with that, Key? They brought some chick expert whose name I don't know, that did say that Goff had a different air of confidence about him. Both Key and she were also not buying Cooper Kupp...lol....My God....
I new he would just say it was preseason. He will be doing this all season. And when he has a bad game, he will buy that no doubt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I new he would just say it was preseason. He will be doing this all season. And when he has a bad game, he will buy that no doubt.
Not all on ESPN LA are hating this morning...on Thompson and Trudell are going to do a Cooper Kupp and Keyshawn John rookie year comparison..Sounds like they are gonna bust Key's balls..lol

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
*Goff demonstrated command of the offense. As I've been watching him...that was the first time he seemed to do that effectively.
It was the first time he has played in an actual NFL offense.

I bet he understands how the system at Cal short-change him in understanding NFL offenses!
Now that he has had a taste of playing for McVay I bet he understands just how bad his coaching
and scheme was last year and feels short changed for them ruining his rookie year.

I wasn't a fan of the Goff pick myself...but I give the guy credit...he played well...and next week is another test...
I was a huge fan of the Goff pick.By the end of this year he will make everyone who doubted him
and talked trash about him eat their words.