The Film Room: Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin vs the Steelers, Cardinals, & Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow!! That was informative. Thanks for this man. He's said what we've all been saying. If the Rams stop beating themselves then we're an entirely different team in the standings. Let's take the high road and assume that the offense needed to gel with a new qb and offensive line. Week 6 can't come soon enough

Rainram

Starter
He's not a fan Cook, eh? lol. He's certainly correct about the mistakes though. Just clean up the mistakes and we win the Steeler game outright, and have a shot at the Packer game. The Skins game....yea...we got owned. But we should at least be 3-2 right now.

Overall, I'm not hating our offense approach. I'm good with what Cigs is doing. Gotta remember he's still getting his legs under him too. Like the guy in the video says, if we clean up the mistakes/execute better...we're in a way better spot. It would be real nice if either Quick, Britt or Bailey could make substantial contributions on a regular basis.

That being said, we need to clean it up in a hurry because the season is 1/3 over. I'm confident that we got this!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wow... Ram's O getting some love for their creativity & adapting their game plan to maximize player's talents.... what a novel concept!!!
Yes, minimize some mistakes here & there and we could be 4-1. This is a very dangerous team if we can get our heads screwed on right.

iced

Great break down - loved it.

Jared Cook has been worse than I remembered - all those crucial drops... Really feel like he's dropped himself out of the game plan going forward - atleast i hope so until he starts spending extra time at the jug machines every day...but this is the guy who was known for his questionable effort prior to signing as a FA, so not getting my hopes up

Judging by this guy's other videos, this one may not be up too long

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
"The number of drives that Jared cook has killed all by himself with dropped balls is staggering." LOL say what you mean!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great video! Nice find and thanks for posting! It really makes you excited to think just how good this offense can be once Gurley is at 100%, Cigs gets more experience play calling, and the o-line hopefully improves.

That footage is really damning for Cook, however, and shows just how much he is hurting the offense right now. I don't know what is wrong with him. He has always been inconsistent and guilty of dropping a few too many passes.... but this type of pathetic display isn't normal for him him. He was decent-though-overpaid the past two seasons. Now he is a huge liability. If he doesn't turn it around soon he has to be taken out of the game plan. We can't continue to forfeit drives like this.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
ok so two things to make the playoffs. Foles just has to play smarter and Cook just needs to pack his bags and leave town now for all i care.

RamzFanz

Damnit
ok so two things to make the playoffs. Foles just has to play smarter and Cook just needs to pack his bags and leave town now for all i care.

Foles has the second least interceptions amongst all QBs with over 500 passes and more throw aways than any QB this season.

How much smarter do you expect him to play?

Maybe it's because he's the second most hit QB this season? Possibly?

Who is the most hit you might ask? Wilson, a SB QB last two seasons. How's he doing with his new sucky o-line?

RamzFanz

Damnit
What I hate about this video is that he shows us what Fisher and Ciggi refuse to grasp, give TA the damn ball. HE's your go to guy, NOT Cook.

Even this guy seems clueless to the fact that coaching isn't giving him the ball more, he's just making more out of it. 3 games with 5 touches, same as last season, we lost all 3. 2 games with more than 5 touches, we won both.

70 plays against GB and TA gets 5? FIVE?! Our most explosive WR got the ball 7% of the plays?!

Let's try Gurley 50% and TA 20% and see what happens.

Last edited:

bskrilla

Starter
This video made my pants uncomfortably tight. I think this dude made me more amped for Rams football than ANYONE has in the last few years. Love it.

jap

Legend
The Gurley Express! is the stabilizing element. He is the guy all DC's fear because of that insane combination of vision, speed, quickness, sheer power, and unreal balance. The problem for these DC's is that Gurley helps to free our other offensive terror---Tavon "Mr. Excitement" Austin, who is going to enjoy more open pastures now that TGII is residing in Saint Louis. Actually, Gurley frees everyone else since he is commanding so much attention. Stop the damn penalties and mental miscues, and the Horns will become a juggernaut!