The curious case of Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Many years ago a phone call in a phone booth (are any of those left?) was 10 cents, a dime. There was a term called "dropping a dime" as in "LesBaker dropped a dime on OnceARam". Which would mean I called the police on you to help them catch you, I assisted them. The term was used in basketball for an assist since it helps another player score. So the phrase "he had 12 dimes in the game last night" stems from that.

I don't know why anyone in the NFL uses it because it's not really appropriate since the QB didn't assist, there isn't an assist in the NFL.

I think it sounds silly even for the NBA, when I hear guys on TV or the radio use it I want to ask them "do you know what that means" because I know they wont.

Preach.

maxresdefault.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow. Had know idea of the terms actual origin.... For whatever reason I thought it was about a "thing of beauty", like a female 10.

It has that meaning too, but the origin for sports is as I describe. "Dime piece" is the term you are referring to. Unless over time it's been shortened to just the word dime which is possible. Anyway that's how the term in sports came to be, from the NBA. And it's been around a long time.

But I dunno why a TD pass would be equated to pussy.........it's not like I would say "touchdown" when I ..........
Wait. Now I get it.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Based on the projected salary, I do not see the Rams picking up the option year. If P Cooper flashes the same type of skills as he did in college, he becomes the backup plan if they can not agree on long term deal and he leaves in FA.