"The Coliseum Chant"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Wat.

We were talking about Panthers fans who thought the Rams cheap-shot their QB a couple of times, and they were being pussies about it. I didn't use quite the same descriptor for Rams fans who were also being douchey, but I can if you'd like it to be a clean comparison.

I don't care lol, so calling people a pussy for crying about getting hit is OK, but, chanting for Goff is the crossing the line. no thanks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't care lol, so calling people a wuss for crying about getting hit is OK, but, chanting for Goff is the crossing the line. no thanks.
See, that's just it. He didn't get hit illegally (which was their claim).
Ah, nevermind.

It was super cool of them to do that to their own team while they were on offense.
My bad.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
See, that's just it. He didn't get hit illegally (which was their claim).
Ah, nevermind.

It was super cool of them to do that to their own team while they were on offense.
My bad.

And Case is playing terrible so the chant is justified, based on that logic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And Case is playing terrible so the chant is justified, based on that logic.
I don't even know what you're saying anymore.
Are you offended by me criticizing the fans or something?
Or do you also not give a shit about the players on this team?

Go logo!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Honestly I tend to agree with Chris Carter. He has some very valid points. We might have blundered this pick and the proof is possibly already rearing it's ugly head. It's a bit early to pass 100% judgement but there are signs that Goff might have been a blunder. You don't trade 6 premium picks without starting a guy you traded for after 8 weeks in the season and all the excuses Fisher used to not start Goff earlier in the season prove now not to be valid.

It's either one or the other either: Goff is a bust or Fisher is stubbornly/selfishly hurting Goff's future trying to secure a future for himself and his coaching staff.

It's one or the other.

No it's not

There are other possibilities that have been posted and written about for months

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't even know what you're saying anymore.
Are you offended by me criticizing the fans or something?
Or do you also not give a crap about the players on this team?

Go logo!

Correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying the panthers are pussys because the hits were clean(which they were) but thats OK. Then your saying its a dick move to chant for Goff, when Keenum is playing like shit.

Why is it ok to call out the Panthers for being pussys when they are wrong, but its not ok to call out Case when he is playing like shit?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've been a fan for over 40 years, and I don't ever remember that happening.
Not once.

I distinctly remember watching a game when Jim Everett was a rookie on the sideline while Steve Dils was starting, with the crowd chanting "EEEEVVEEREEEEETTTT". Don't remember the opponent, but I assure you it's happened before.

Keenum's a big boy. He can take it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying the panthers are pussys because the hits were clean(which they were) but thats OK. Then your saying its a dick move to chant for Goff, when Keenum is playing like crap.

Why is it ok to call out the Panthers for being pussys when they are wrong, but its not ok to call out Case when he is playing like crap?
I have no inclination to correct you.
You think it's fine to do that, I don't. That's all there is to it.
I also think it's protocol to call out other team's fans when they're whining about our defense.
It's in the manual.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
FFS.

I'm not saying he can't take it.
I'm not saying I feel sorry for him.
I'm only saying it was a crappy thing to do.

It's no worse than booing when your team is playing lousy. The fans are paying good money to sit in those seats. It's not unreasonable - or crappy - for them to express displeasure with the product on the field, whether that displeasure is the team as a whole or an individual player, particularly with the knowledge that the one they are chanting for has far more upside.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's no worse than booing when your team is playing lousy. The fans are paying good money to sit in those seats. It's not unreasonable - or crappy - for them to express displeasure with the product on the field, whether that displeasure is the team as a whole or an individual player, particularly with the knowledge that the one they are chanting for has far more upside.
Welp. I disagree.

X gets the square.

latest

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Welp. I disagree.

X gets the square.

latest

Your prerogative.

Cheering someone when he gets injured - crappy.

Chanting for a QB to replace the one on the field - not crappy.

Ellard80

Legend
I agree its childish... and I'm sure Case was not happy after the game.

But that's because they lost... and his opportunity is ticking away.

fearsomefour

Legend
I remember Chuck Knox ( I believe) not starting or playing Bettis early in his rookie year. Cleveland Gary (again, going on memory) was the starter. He did nothing wrong of course, but, the O was not great. I remember people chanting for Bettis to come in.
It happens. I just think it is sort of a lame thing to do.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I've been a fan for over 40 years, and I don't ever remember that happening.
Not once.
It happens and has happened but the point isn't if it has happened but is it within the reasonable framework of fandom or is it somewhere in that classless area we call douche? Potato, Pototto? I am no morale compass but at least wait for the D to take the field. We were still in the game uhhh sort of

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I totally get the reasoning behind it. The Rams spent all that draft capital and money to go up and draft a guy #1 overall, so they wanna see him play. They also don't think he can POSSIBLY do worse than Keenum, so that just exacerbates the situation and makes them even more antsy. So they chant in unison in the hopes that Fisher will turn around and go, "Derr, okay. You guys win. <groan>". It won't work, and I seriously doubt Kroenke is swayed by it either. Fisher will stick to his plan and play Goff when he feels like he's 100% ready to go, and that's that. We can all argue and comment ad nauseum that we know for sure he's ready, but that doesn't matter either. Fisher's gon Fish.

On a side note -- totally crappy thing to do, and it was embarrassing. Maybe others don't think so, but that doesn't change my opinion. And if you're okay with it, then you'll be okay with chants for Mannion if Goff puts together 7 meh games and the Rams lose 60% of them.

I have to disagree with you X. Fisher deserves to have 60,000 fans asking for a QB change at a time when Fisher cannot run and hide, or voice an excuse back. I like Keenum as a person and feel bad for him when that happened, but Fisher absolutely positively needs to keep on feeling the heat like that. He felt is so much that he claimed he didn't hear the crowd chanting "we want Goff." Haha, yeah right. Fisher didn't hear that. It's good to see pressure being put on Fisher because he's a terrible terrible head coach.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I distinctly remember watching a game when Jim Everett was a rookie on the sideline while Steve Dils was starting, with the crowd chanting "EEEEVVEEREEEEETTTT". Don't remember the opponent, but I assure you it's happened before.

Keenum's a big boy. He can take it.

I too was at Everetts first game, he didn't start but came in and led the team to a rousing comeback, the low keyed chant Evvvvvvvvv.....rett was actually pretty original

Of course Tony Eason somehow connected with Irving Fryar on a last play of the game Hail Mary to steal the win, I had the absolute best view of that stinking play

As for the topic,
Chris Carter doesn't now squat about this, eff that guy

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"good players play". tell that to a multitude of players that had to sit until they got their chance.

i know that chris carter can't commentate on nfl related news. actually he can but he's real bad at it. i blame espn for how sports shows have evolved into this tripe.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fish has caused this ....if he had come out at the strat of the season and said goff is riding the pine for a year and not the he will play when he is ready mantra (then reports come out that he is ready .).... Mannion and Keenum are our QB's none of thes would be happening (well except people would maybe be calling for Mannion)